USF1 Under Threat?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
rffp

USF1 Under Threat?

Post by rffp »

I have just read that the American team is late for the impact tests according to Auto Motor und Sport. The news stated that Ross Brawn is surprised about this delay and declared that a new team should be ready by now.
The magazine also estimated that USF1 chances on being on the 2010 grid are near zero. Besides the Pete Windsor is the only F1 manager that is not against the commercialization of F1 entries.

I haven't found that news in English yet, but for those that can comprehend a bit of Portuguese:
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... +DA+F.html
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
thehemogoblin

Re: USF1 Under Threat?

Post by thehemogoblin »

It's up on F1-live.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Yeah, we all knew USF1 was screwed from the word go anyway. No surprises there...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:Yeah, we all knew USF1 was screwed from the word go anyway. No surprises there...

Hey, I object. I refuse to believe they're screwed until they don't show up for the first race next year.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Stefan GP, here we go! :lol:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:Stefan GP, here we go! :lol:

Kezoran Stefanderson, owner of Stefanus GP.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Oh yes. It's time Zoran, it's time.

If USF1 don't get to the grid, I don't think many will be upset. They never captured the hearts of the American nation as they intended.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:

If USF1 don't get to the grid, I don't think many will be upset. They never captured the hearts of the American nation as they intended.

I'LL BE UPSET GODDAMNIT! WILL EVERYONE QUIT OVERLOOKING ME??!!!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:
shinji wrote:

No. Because you are intelligent and witty, and therefore your feelings are not representative of the American populace.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

shinji wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
shinji wrote:

No. Because you are intelligent and witty, and therefore your feelings are not representative of the American populace.

What the heck?! I don't think Americans (apart of Bush) are chumps. And I reccomend thehemoglobin to write his messages with 36 and bold, that way it won't be overlooked :lol:
sharonware

Post by sharonware »

Hi Dear,
I have just read that news. I think its a uncommon message for all. It has become a common matter in our day to day life. But it is so help full to enjoy. OK go on may god blase you....
Thank you
Aysha
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

sharonware wrote:Hi Dear,
I have just read that news. I think its a uncommon message for all. It has become a common matter in our day to day life. But it is so help full to enjoy. OK go on may god blase you....
Thank you
Aysha

Whattchoo talkin bout, Aysha?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:I'LL BE UPSET GODDAMNIT! WILL EVERYONE QUIT OVERLOOKING ME??!!!

45.7% of America voted for the Republican Party in 2008. Therefore Shinji is wrong, just.

Image Image
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

sharonware wrote:Hi Dear,
Thank you
Aysha

May god blase YOU!
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

What the heck?! I don't think Americans (apart of Bush) are chumps. And I reccomend thehemoglobin to write his messages with 36 and bold, that way it won't be overlooked :lol:

SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!

You overlook that?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:

SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!

You overlook that?

I'm having flashbacks - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=312&p=7400#p7391.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
shinji wrote:

SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!

You overlook that?

But I did spell your name right dude! (unless that was a surrealistic joke, in which case, well done, darling!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see I didn't overlook you this time.
And I have to reckon I'm a bit bored and so I write such comments.
BTW what he heck is blase?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Phoenix wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:What the heck?! I don't think Americans (apart of Bush) are chumps. And I reccomend thehemoglobin to write his messages with 36 and bold, that way it won't be overlooked :lol:

SPELL MY NAME RIGHT!

You overlook that?

But I did spell your name right dude! (unless that was a surrealistic joke, in which case, well done, darling!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see I didn't overlook you this time.
And I have to reckon I'm a bit bored and so I write such comments.
BTW what he heck is blase?

You didn't - thehemogoblin.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

This is neither the first nor the last time that will happen.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

rffp wrote:I have just read that the American team is late for the impact tests according to Auto Motor und Sport. The news stated that Ross Brawn is surprised about this delay and declared that a new team should be ready by now.
The magazine also estimated that USF1 chances on being on the 2010 grid are near zero. Besides the Pete Windsor is the only F1 manager that is not against the commercialization of F1 entries.

I haven't found that news in English yet, but for those that can comprehend a bit of Portuguese:
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... +DA+F.html

The rumours of USF1 coming apart at the seams are just fuelled by anti-American sentiment and a dislike of Peter Windsor. When you think of Americans in Formula One, your mind instantly runs to Michael Andretti and Scott Speed when it should be looking to Dan Gurney and Mario Andretti. I was on Autosport earlier and someone posted a link to a video from SPEED that had Steve Marchett visiting USF1's Charlotte base. Windsor showed him their designers working on the CFD car designs and the way they'd developed a colour-coded system to show where they had the freedom to explore new designs and where they were restricted. Then they showed the machine shop, a room filled with giant automated machines, and all of them running once. The machines were quite clearly very big and very expensive.

The posters on that particular bulletin board then spent the next few pages discussing why it was all a hoax. They seem to think that Peter Windsor is setting everything up to sell his grid position and make a twenty or thirty million dollar profit from it. Somehow I doubt he could take the likes of Chad Hurley and all of his investors for a ride like that, especially if he's as dim-witted as everyone makes him out to be.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nobody takes America seriously in F1. After all, their only world champion was born in Italy...

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

kostas22 wrote:Nobody takes America seriously in F1. After all, their only world champion was born in Italy...

No, Phil Hill won the championship in 1961 and he was born on American soil. Even if he won when Von Trips crashed at Monza.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:Nobody takes America seriously in F1. After all, their only world champion was born in Italy...

That's offensive to me...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Since when were facts offensive? Andretti was born in Montana, Italy... 8-)

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Dear Santa,

Please roll back F1, threads at the forum are getting weird.

Yours,

Carlos

Seriously, until the 4 news teams put 2 cars, 2 drivers and the whole stuff on the grid (that is, race day) in Melbourne, I'm not sure I'll believe any of them. Oh, and Quaq-Quaq, or whatever their name is, doesn't inspire much trust either. Seriously, who was the bright spark that came up with the idea that the moment we're pulling out of "the worst recessions since the Great Depression" (c) was the best time to proceed with a major expansionist policy for F1? There's no sponsorship to go around for everyone...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

kostas22 wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Since when were facts offensive? Andretti was born in Montana, Italy... 8-)

Phil. Hill.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Dear Santa,

Please roll back F1, threads at the forum are getting weird.

Yours,

Carlos

Seriously, until the 4 news teams put 2 cars, 2 drivers and the whole stuff on the grid (that is, race day) in Melbourne, I'm not sure I'll believe any of them. Oh, and Quaq-Quaq, or whatever their name is, doesn't inspire much trust either. Seriously, who was the bright spark that came up with the idea that the moment we're pulling out of "the worst recessions since the Great Depression" (c) was the best time to proceed with a major expansionist policy for F1? There's no sponsorship to go around for everyone...

Bahrain. We want to see if they'll make Bahrain :D
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Jordan wrote:Bahrain. We want to see if they'll make Bahrain :D

Hmmm, yeah. It's changed, right. :oops:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Carlos, in your defense, MasterCard Lola made the first race, but missed the second.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:Carlos, in your defense, MasterCard Lola made the first race, but missed the second.

Somebody understands me, even though I'm part of the crew misspelling his name.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Hoorah. Anti-American sentiments that do naught but make the people doing the ridiculing look stupid. -_-

To be proper, Mario Andretti's birthplace has since become part of Croatia. Which, if you're going to really think that it's birthplace (instead of things like naturalized citizenship) that matters, then Mario Andretti should be Croatia's first world champion.

Also, of course nobody takes America seriously in F1 -- look at the last two American drivers, Scott Speed and Michael Andretti. Anyone who paid the slightest bit of attention to Michael Andretti knew he was a giant whiner. Sadly, people in NASCAR take Scott Speed seriously, and after he announced he painted his toenails blue (the same color as his Red Bull Toyota Tundra truck in 2008), people accused him of being gay. I say sadly because it's obvious Scott Speed was showing some personality and not being spineless. After that, it seems like everyone got the message -- nobody takes Scott Speed seriously anymore -- they don't take his NASCAR results seriously seeing as he's not willing to play along with Disney and their publicity. Oh, did I say Disney? I meant ESPN -- because Disney owns them -- and their coverage is vomitworthy.

But one thing is for sure, Scott Speed has overtaken more people in NASCAR than he ever did in F1, and I'd talk about Michael Andretti in CART but I'd have to bring out the waaahmbulance for him at some points and at others (1995 CART Season) point and laugh at him.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Cynon wrote:Hoorah. Anti-American sentiments that do naught but make the people doing the ridiculing look stupid. -_-

Hey, what about mine?

shinji wrote:No. Because you are intelligent and witty, and therefore your feelings are not representative of the American populace.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

People are forgetting that Phil Hill won the title, and he was born in the US. And yes, I agree with Shinji with his anti-American sentiments, I mean Sarah Palin a serious politician???
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Debaser wrote:People are forgetting that Phil Hill won the title, and he was born in the US. And yes, I agree with Shinji with his anti-American sentiments, I mean Sarah Palin a serious politician???

Yeah, but London has Boris Johnson... :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rffp

Post by rffp »

Can I be the one to point out that this is a F-1 forum and we shouldn't be talking about politicians?
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dr-baker wrote:
Debaser wrote:People are forgetting that Phil Hill won the title, and he was born in the US. And yes, I agree with Shinji with his anti-American sentiments, I mean Sarah Palin a serious politician???

Yeah, but London has Boris Johnson... :lol:

Ireland has this guy

He's in the Dáil (Parliament). No joke.

Edit - rffp, this may be an F1 forum, but there's no race for 4 months so we need to keep the forum ticking over by discussing anything we can, otherwise it might die.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And politians get to decide how much to give Bernie to host a race...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I forget Hill won a title because by right he shouldn't really have won it, von Trips was championship leader until is fatal crash. So I guess its stuck in my mind that von Trips was champ when really he wasn't.

Image Image
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

kostas22 wrote:

I forget Hill won a title because by right he shouldn't really have won it, von Trips was championship leader until is fatal crash. So I guess its stuck in my mind that von Trips was champ when really he wasn't.

This goes back to the worthy champion thread. Either way, his name is in the books.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

CarlosFerreira wrote:...Oh, and Quaq-Quaq, or whatever their name is

Pronounced "Quack-Quack?" Sponsored by Warner Brothers? :mrgreen: