Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
SuzukiSwift

Re: Get Ready for... The EricssonEra!

Post by SuzukiSwift »

I think calling Ericsson the "Ricardo Rosset of this era" is a little harsh...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

SuzukiSwift wrote:I think calling Ericsson the "Ricardo Rosset of this era" is a little harsh...

And patently incorrect as Rosset never won any points and Ericsson already has 7. Even allowing for the change of scoring I think Rosset would still only have 6 at the end of his career whilst Ericsson will surely score more before the bitter end when the money runs out :D
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:
SuzukiSwift wrote:I think calling Ericsson the "Ricardo Rosset of this era" is a little harsh...

And patently incorrect as Rosset never won any points and Ericsson already has 7. Even allowing for the change of scoring I think Rosset would still only have 6 at the end of his career whilst Ericsson will surely score more before the bitter end when the money runs out :D

Having looked this up, Rosset would have 12 points under the current system. 8th x 2 and 9th x 2.

Hell, even Lavaggi would have scored under this system
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Even Pacific and Forti would have scored under the current system (thanks to high attrition at the '95 Aussie GP)...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

To be fairer to today's drivers they don't really benefit from attrition as much - I am glad they actually ditched the old 1-6 points system because it was really unfair by 2002.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

SuzukiSwift wrote:To be fairer to today's drivers they don't really benefit from attrition as much - I am glad they actually ditched the old 1-6 points system because it was really unfair by 2002.

Fair point. Ultra reliability and the lack of attrition is my main gripe with modern F1, but it completely justifies the current points system, and is the reason we saw Marussia score points last year.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

FullMetalJack wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Having looked this up, Rosset would have 12 points under the current system. 8th x 2 and 9th x 2.

Hell, even Lavaggi would have scored under this system

Really? So looking things up actually is more reliable than me just thinking stuff. Who knew? Anyway, I find it very interesting actually and I wonder how different our perception of lots of drivers would be with the different scoring in place, either the current system back then or, more ominously, the old system now.
Just For One Day...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Ericsson vs. Nasr 2015
Head-to-Head stats

Qualifying: 6-6
Points positions: 4-3

On paper Marcus Ericsson is having a helluva season!
The fact that Nasr has more than double the points haul
of Ericsson is IRRELEVANT.
-*:-
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Simtek wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ericsson-sauber-performance-upturn-deserving-of-points-845736/

Possibly. I'd certainly say that he's deserving of points with his driving this season. Even Sky Sports are recognising Marcus Ericsson as the unsung hero of 2016.

Yep, the EricssonEra is starting to gain serious momentum. Formula 1 won't know what's hit it!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FullMetalJack wrote:
Simtek wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ericsson-sauber-performance-upturn-deserving-of-points-845736/

Possibly. I'd certainly say that he's deserving of points with his driving this season. Even Sky Sports are recognising Marcus Ericsson as the unsung hero of 2016.

Yep, the EricssonEra is starting to gain serious momentum. Formula 1 won't know what's hit it!

Thor's hammer, probably.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Rob Dylan

The Ericsson Era is Eover :(

Post by Rob Dylan »

https://www.autosport.com/indycar/news/139764/ericsson-secures-indycar-seat-with-schmidt

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it seems as if we are indeed seeing the end of an era here. Marcus is going on to pastures new, trying to hit the big time in America. We will dearly miss him.

:cry:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: The Ericsson Era is Eover :(

Rob Dylan wrote:https://www.autosport.com/indycar/news/139764/ericsson-secures-indycar-seat-with-schmidt

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it seems as if we are indeed seeing the end of an era here. Marcus is going on to pastures new, trying to hit the big time in America. We will dearly miss him.

:cry:

This is not a sad day. Oh, no. This means that Marcus Ericsson and Max Chilton will be racing in the same series for the first time in over four years. This is the beginning of a new golden age in American open wheel racing!
#FreeGonzo
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I think I'd honestly buy tickets to the Indy 500 if Chilton and Ericsson ended up as teammates :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Fingers crossed (I guess?) that Gutiérrez doesn't get the Williams seat and instead finds a drive in Indycar. Add Rossi and Bourdais to the equation and the US fans are spoiled. Perhaps the highest number of F1 rejects in one season in US open wheelers?
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

CarloSpace wrote:Fingers crossed (I guess?) that Gutiérrez doesn't get the Williams seat and instead finds a drive in Indycar. Add Rossi and Bourdais to the equation and the US fans are spoiled. Perhaps the highest number of F1 rejects in one season in US open wheelers?

Don't forget (and I know it's easy to) the early/late 2015 Manor duo of Merhi/Stevens! In fact, team them up with Rossi, and you could have a 2015 Manor reunion! :P
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

This Could Be You wrote:
CarloSpace wrote:Fingers crossed (I guess?) that Gutiérrez doesn't get the Williams seat and instead finds a drive in Indycar. Add Rossi and Bourdais to the equation and the US fans are spoiled. Perhaps the highest number of F1 rejects in one season in US open wheelers?

Don't forget (and I know it's easy to) the early/late 2015 Manor duo of Merhi/Stevens! In fact, team them up with Rossi, and you could have a 2015 Manor reunion! :P

Aren't Merhi and Stevens driving for Manor in the WEC actually?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bobby Doorknobs

#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Simtek wrote:https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2018/10/31/marcus-ericsson-plans-for-a-long-successful-stay-in-indycar/

...What's with the picture at the top?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in