ooh snap!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
guugoo

ooh snap!

Post by guugoo »

some interesting back n forth at the diffuser hearing...below is the link to the article and here are some highlights

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 87,00.html

"The QC representing Ferrari, one of four teams protesting the cars of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams, even went so far as to describe Brawn as "a person of supreme arrogance"."

"FIA technical director Charlie Whiting was also cross-examined, during which he and world motorsport's governing body were both accused of "getting it wrong, and not understanding the point"."

However, the complexities of F1's technical loopholes seemed also to baffle the judges - one of whom, Malta's Guido de Marco, occasionally nodded off.(Dont blame him!)

Williams CEO Adam Parr remarked: "I find it almost pleasurable to hear Ferrari say they have won 11 world championships (drivers' and constructors') with an illegal car."
Chilled Phill

Re: ooh snap!

Post by Chilled Phill »

guugoo wrote:Williams CEO Adam Parr remarked: "I find it almost pleasurable to hear Ferrari say they have won 11 world championships (drivers' and constructors') with an illegal car."

Respect. 8-)

Reading through the article, it just sounds like a bunch of babies throwing toys out of their prams and calling each other names, tbh. Hardly any discussion of any technical or (more to the point) intellectual arguments or perhaps this is the point: there is no intellectual argument against said diffuser...? :roll:
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

so nothing has changed in F1 then :)
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Well, the only bits we hear about are the parts the media think are interesting. From their point of view, it's more interesting to hear team members and lawyers trashing each other than it is to report discussions of technical matters.

For example, Tozzi's opening statement was 90 minutes long, but the only bits of it I've read so far involve him insulting Ross Brawn. I can't imagine he did that for the whole 90 minutes...
Keirdre

Post by Keirdre »

90 minutes of Brawn-slagging...sounds like an epic film.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Keirdre wrote:90 minutes of Brawn-slagging...sounds like an epic film.

Would be even more epic if Uwe Böll directed it. :mrgreen:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Nuppiz wrote:
Keirdre wrote:90 minutes of Brawn-slagging...sounds like an epic film.

Would be even more epic if Uwe Böll directed it. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good call!