Ron Dennis to leave F1 entirely?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Keirdre

Ron Dennis to leave F1 entirely?

Post by Keirdre »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 001425.stm

It would make sense. Being half-involved does seem a bit pointless. Although how they'll engineer him to take some of the lying flak I don't know.
Debaser

Re: Ron Dennis to leave F1 entirely?

Post by Debaser »

Its McLaren, they've already blamed it on Dave Ryan. Also Ron was on the pitwall in Australia, they'll get him involved to try and get a lesser punishment.
FerrariStu

Post by FerrariStu »

I believe they call it "consolidating your position" , "damage limitation", "covering your ass". :lol:
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Conspiracy Theorists... STAND UP.

Who thinks Max blames Ron for being behind ANTSMSW5PG, and hence Max is out to get Ron and won't rest until he's driven him from F1....??

Oh, OK, just me, eh?
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Kuwashima wrote:Conspiracy Theorists... STAND UP.

Who thinks Max blames Ron for being behind ANTSMSW5PG, and hence Max is out to get Ron and won't rest until he's driven him from F1....??

Oh, OK, just me, eh?

C'mon chief, you know I always stand up with you ...
alvaro3d

Post by alvaro3d »

Since the start of 09 he is half involved and since then McLaren is becoming a mess like Ferrari, what's next pit stop errors in McLaren? I think Martin is a softer guy than Ron Dennis, but Ron Dennis is a guy that I wouldn't like to see mad :evil: :evil: anybody knows something about the engineer that delayed Alonso pit exit in 07??? maybe he is in the bottom of the atlantic ocean with cement boots!! :o :o
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

wooohooooooooo
i thought Ron would never leave!!!
LETS HAVE A PARTY!!!!
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

1. Tribute.

Give the guy his due, by sheer persistence and attention to detail he changed F1 from a fairly amateur occupation to the high tech wiz industry it is today. And whatever you might think of McLaren, it is a hell of an achievement to create it. And he had the balls to run Senna and Prost against each other. He was a real racer and will be missed.

2. Confusion

I thought he'd given up F1 already! Maybe we didn't make enough fuss last time, so now he's saying 'Look, I'm really going, really'. (Its called Mansell syndrome.) Expect more public resignations until he gets his knighthood.

3. Conspiracy

The Evening Standard in London tonight claimed he was going because of his involvement in Lewis Lie-gate. So either they are inviting a libel suit or there is more plot yet to emerge.

4. Relief

I guess this means that Whitmarsh is not getting sacked after all.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
nit

Post by nit »

Conspiracy???

hmmm maybe, alot of the reports are saying that lewis father had a big say in ron leaving. James allen and the bbc and alluding to that Antony was really unhappy how lewis was left out to dry for the lie-gate (what is everything in f1 some sort of gate??) and he had a chat with Max. Since McLaren are in huge trouble with the FIA with the lie-gate affair and with what ron said "I doubt if (FIA president) Max Mosley or (F1 supremo) Bernie Ecclestone will be displeased by my decision.", might lead to McLaren just having a few race ban and not being kicked out of the f1 season. The main question i have since when did Antony have such power to get Ron out of F1??? if these rumors are true

I also hear rumors that merc might be getting ready for buy out but then i also heard that merc are wanting out, so <shrugs>
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Nit, you know what the start of a F1 race is?

Out-of-the-Gate
big_gendo

Post by big_gendo »

LEWIS HAMILTON CAN NEITHER CONFIRM NOR DENY HIS FEELINGS TOWARDS RON DENNIS LEAVING MCLAREN AT THIS TIME! :lol:
StoneColdSpider

Anthony probably got the power by threatening to take Lewis to Brawn GP
;)

noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Hamilton's rather luke warm reaction:

"I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised, but I had not heard about it. I was just as surprised as the rest of my team,"

I wouldn't be suprised if he's not in a silver car next year...
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

If I was at McLaren he wouldn't be in a silver car today! :evil:

There must be more to this story than meets the eye, and maybe something terrible has happened behind the scenes. Like Ron forgot Lewis's birthday or something.

But Ron and McLaren put ten years into Lewis, then gave him the best car on the grid and made him World Champion within two years. Now they've hit a bit of trouble, Lewis seems intent on distancing himself from the team and quietly bad mouthing it as much as he can.

It seems to me that the more he tries to look like a nice, regular, honest guy, the more he actually ends up revealing himself as an ambitious, self-centred ****.

If you remember all the brickbats Schumi took at Ferrari, I'm sure some of which arose from Jean Todt decisions. But Schumi was prepared to stand up for himself, rather than blame the team for his misfortunes.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
StoneColdSpider

could we see Mercedies pull out of McLaren and focus soley on Brawn???
im sure sum1 would buy there their in McLaren....

Lewis didnt know what to say cause he didnt get a radio message in time from the team ;)