Your Reject of the Race - Japan

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TomPryce

Your Reject of the Race - Japan

Post by TomPryce »

#1 Ferrari: You can't hold it together, can you?

#2 Massa: Time for you to go, buddy.
Remembering a Welsh sporting hero. Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Meatwad

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Japan

Post by Meatwad »

1. Vettel's spark plug: Another disaster for Ferrari. There's pretty much no way they can win either championship now.
2. Marcus Ericsson: What was that? Quite a ridiculous-looking, amateurish crash.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Ferrari - that should be a no-brainer for today.
2. Gelael and Deletraz - Doesn't matter how much you may complain about blue flags being handed out too easily in F1, lapped drivers HAVE NO BUSINESS in such a situation.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
mario

Post by mario »

1. Ferrari - With another DNF for Vettel due to reliability issues, they are currently in the process of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

2. Ferrari's media management team and the journalist Jack Plooij - So, according to Will Buxton, what is meant to happen when a driver retires is that he is meant to go to the media pen to talk to the global press (it is apparently a mandatory requirement). However, what happened is that Ferrari decided to hold the press briefing behind their garage instead, and only told a few broadcasters what was happening, with Vettel only giving a few interviews before then leaving the track.

What then happened was that Vettel's representative, Britta Roeske, was left to explain to the rest of the media paddock that Vettel had left and they wouldn't be getting any interviews, with most of the journalists then complaining (apparently in a "firm but fair" manner according to Buxton).

Now, Will has been fair to both parties, saying that arguably those few networks which were tipped off by Ferrari should have instead reported to the media pen, whilst at the same time criticising Ferrari for breaking the rules on their part and then putting Britta in a very difficult position.

However, what has then happened is that the journalist Jack Plooij has apparently been trying to stir things up by making rather exaggerated claims about what happened, falsely accusing some journalists of abusing her and bullying her until she broke down in tears (although he now appears to have deleted the Twitter posts he'd made with those claims).

Now, Ferrari certainly could have handled things better, but equally it doesn't help when you have somebody else trying to capitalise on it by making false claims about what happened at the time.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Ferrari
2. Ericsson
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

1. Ferrari
2. Hulkenberg's rear wing
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Ferrari: A last goodbye to what was a potentially thrilling championship showdown.

2) Marcus Ericsson: Not what I would call a stellar display of car control.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

10 points - Ferrari - Don't feel I need to add much here.

6 points - GP2 race stewards - Ditto.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Ferrari
2. Marcus Ericsson
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

1. Shane Van Gisbergen - Come on, dude... Jamie Whincup's supposed to be the one that normally chokes away a Bathurst 1000 victory.

2. Ferrari - What a mess. That race was Ferrari pretty much saying "Here, Lewis, have the Driver's Championship. Oh, and a nice delicious cake too."
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

RoTR:
1. The Ferrari 062 power unit's sparkplugs: Effectively destroyed the last remaining hopes of avoiding MERCEDESWINSLOL for a fourth time in succession at the end of the year.
2. Carlos Sainz: Crashed in FP1, started at the back, and span out of the race early on. In short, he managed a Palmer-esque performance in his last weekend before replacing Palmer.
DHM:
Hulkenburg's rear wing: Scuppered a decent run and a chance for solid points.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

1 spark plug in Vettel's car
2 erricson..... there just for his money

HM me for watching the whole race recorded earlier (as I was in Glasgow last night at a wedding) and falling asleep :facepalm:
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1. Ferrari - that is why you haven't won any championships for almost a decade.

2. Ericsson - honestly, what is he doing in F1 (apart from creating funny reject moments)? :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Ferrari - I thought some of you guys were crazy for completely writing off Vettel and Ferrari after Singapore, two races later and you've been proven right. I'm not that excited for either driver winning the title, whether that be Hamilton or Vettel, but either way seeing one driver with a massive lead with so few races left is disappointing, especially given how until recently this was looking like the first title fight to go to the wire between two drivers from different teams in five years.

2) Sainz - although he might've been an outsider for points in Malaysia, his last two weekends for STR have been surprisingly below par. I'm already getting shades of Perez' back end of '12.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Ferrari. So you don't test your spark plugs to within an inch of their lives?
2. Alonso. Blocking Verstappen was pisspoor blue flag behaviour.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

1. Cameron Waters
2. Shane Van Gisbergen

DHM: The Grand Prix of Japan
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

1. Vettel's luck - frankly unbelievable sequence of events for him. Been the best driver this year and will have little to show for it.

2. Hulkenberg's luck - freak DRS failure meant we didn't get the chance to be entertained by Nico on new tyres.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1) Vettel's spark plug - it sparked a domination to the title that was neither warranted nor deserved

2) Stroll's rear right tyre - That random failure nearly caused a serious crash that Ricciardo did well to veer wide of.
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Ferrari: For obvious reasons. Returned to mid-90s with full force.

2 - Alonso: For following René Arnoux's footsteps.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

1. Ericsson ..seemed fairly careless
2. Sainz ...seemed a bit desperate
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 »

Vettel's spark plug, I am a Lewis supporter I'll admit but that doesn't mean I want to him to run away with the title because Seb and Ferrari can't get their act together when it matters!
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

1. Ferrari
2. Ericsson

Reasons stated above.
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 »

Dis-Honourable mention to Carlos Sainz, there'll be no excuses for mistakes like that at Renault, Carlos.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The results are in, and for the second weekend in a row, Ferrari win the ROTR award, this time outright by far!

1. Ferrari (combined) 196
2. Marcus Ericsson 52

3. Carlos Sainz Jr. 18
4. Shane Van Gisbergen 16
5. Hulkenberg's rear wing 12
- Fernando Alonso 12
7. Cameron Waters 10
8. GP2 race stewards 6
- Lance Stroll's tyre 6
- The Ferrari press incident / Jack Plooij 6
- Felipe Massa 6
12. Sean Galeal 3
- Louis Deletraz 3

Whether it was for their general incompetence, the problem of the spark plug itself, or Vettel's poor luck in Suzuka, the votes were practically unanimous in favour of giving Ferrari this award, for it seems that in the process, Mercedes and Hamilton have been allowed to run away with the championship as a result of it.

Ericsson came runner-up for his rather graceless crash into that corner whose name I can't remember. Many question his quality as a Formula 1 driver. Many are right to.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!