Alonso to race at Daytona!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Alonso to race at Daytona!

Post by Londoner »

Yes, that's right, Nando will be driving Michael Waltrip's old ride at the Daytona 500 next year...sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

But yes, Alonso will be linking up with Zak Brown's United Autosports to take part in the Rolex 24 Hours this coming January. His co-driver is going to be...Lando Norris! :dance: Guess he's serious about doing Le Mans in the near future.

In fact, we almost had two F1 drivers doing the Daytona 24, as Jenson Button was in the frame for the second Penske Acura effort. Him partnering with Helio Castroneves would have been the stuff of dreams. :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
daisyfaith

Re: Alonso to race at Daytona!

Post by daisyfaith »

Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

daisyfaith wrote:Google

I'll stick with DuckDuckGo, thanks.
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Is this some parallel-earth version of Lougle or something?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Simtek wrote:

I'll stick with DuckDuckGo, thanks.

I actually did this thing a while back where I took a few search engines (seven the first time, eight the second), did fifteen of the same searches, and ranked the results of each round, first with whatever I came up trying to pick fifteen different branches of knowledge, and the second time with random Wikipedia articles. Both times, Bing narrowly beat Google to the overall win.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in