John Miles: 1943-2018

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Bobby Doorknobs

John Miles: 1943-2018

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Good news: I'm writing for the site again. Bad news: This is just a one-off thing while I keep myself busy with other things. Worse news: John Miles has passed away.

John Miles, for those who don't know, was a former Lotus driver, teammate of Jochen Rindt in the tragic Austrian's championship-winning campaign. In that 1970 season he scored just two points.

Although not a comfortable fit in the world of Grand Prix racing, Miles was a very capable engineer, a profession to which he dedicated much of his life; he was active as a consultant right up to his death on Sunday morning from complications following a minor stroke he suffered earlier in the week.

Obituary.
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Re: John Miles: 1943-2018

Post by dinizintheoven »

The name caught my eye when looking through the "Recent Deaths" page on Wikipedia. Sounds like he had a lucky escape from the empire of Colin Chapman, if you ask me, and lived into his 70s rather than... not.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"