2014: The Sorry Saga of Sauber

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Good morning everyone.

In the spirit of Eurovision, no F1 team wants to wind up with the dreaded "nul points" at season's end. But that is exactly what happened to Sauber in 2014, where the team plummeted from solid midfielders to propping up the rear of the grid. I've taken an in-depth look at what went wrong that year, given the team are arguably still trying to recover over four years later. You can read it here today. :deletraz:

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dinizintheoven

Re: 2014: The Sorry Saga of Sauber

Post by dinizintheoven »

Homme de Londres de l'est, douze points.

I will not be watching Eurovision, for the record.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Homme de Londres de l'est, douze points.

7" record?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:

7" record?

Far from it.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

7" record?

Far from it.

Cool!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Thanks for the article - I enjoyed it. Triggered some memories - I was quite frustrated with the Monaco debacle - Sutil was doing OK and I have a soft spot for Sauber ( and Adrian ) .
Thanks again
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Adrian Sutil is one of those drivers (there are many of them) where I wanted and was always waiting for him to do better than he ever did. Though he was incredible at Sauber in 2013, I fear Hulkenberg hit his F1 high-point that year.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

I remember thinking towards the end of that season that Sutil should consider a career in espionage, he managed to go almost an entire year without being seen, despite 100% camera coverage at every track.