Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race!

Poll ended at 20 May 2018, 19:00

Lance Stroll
32%
Robert Kubica
11%
Kevin Magnussen
5%
Charles Leclerc
53%

Total votes: 19

Rob Dylan

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

Post by Rob Dylan »

The thread hadn't been opened yet, so let's get suggesting!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
WaffleCat

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Spain

Post by WaffleCat »

Lance Stroll. I'm not the biggest fan of Lance, but fair credit where it's due, he climbed a fair way up the grid and almost stuck the Williams in the points without Baku-esque shenanigans. Especially after his crash on Saturday, I wasn't expecting as solid of a drive from Stroll as yesterday.

Honourable mention to Robert Kubica, too. This may just be yet another Kubica praise post, but c'mon. NOBODY thought he'd recover from his rally accident to race in Formula One again. And yet, seven years later, in his first official Formula One session back, especially with the newer, tougher regulations, Kubica sets the fastest time of the team on Friday without a proper right hand. That's something
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Stroll , edging Kevin ( who seemed very comfortably ahead of 'the rest')
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Hmm, difficult... While Charles Leclerc managed the slightly improbable feat of scoring twice in two races in a Sauber (the first driver to do so since Nasr had a three race run in 2015), I have to agree that Lance Stroll's suprisingly respectable performance (especially compared with his teammate, who has so far not been that far off his pace) in a truly dire Williams must rank as the most improbable in a largely predictable weekend
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Stroll was a big surprise but for me Charles LeClerc takes it for having that fight with Alonso for as long as he did, great job from a rookie
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Leclerc, for dragging that Sauber to places it should not be (i.e. the top ten) and his demonstration that it is actaully possible for rookies to drive wheel-to-wheel without taking somebody out of the race.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Very few suggestions this week, but I put up the ones nominated, so get voting!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

So unlike Romain Grosjean, Charles Leclerc successfully defended his crown of having the Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race in Spain. Another well-fought race, battling amongst drivers such as Fernando Alonso in this year's Sauber, his efforts can only be commended, and he shone in a rather average or poor race for many drivers.