IIDOTR France 2009

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race!

Poll ended at 30 Jun 2018, 16:08

Carlos Sainz Jr.
15%
Charles Leclerc
15%
Haas & Sauber
No votes
Kevin Magnussen
69%

Total votes: 13

Bobby Doorknobs

IIDOTR France 2009

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I know he's done nothing but raise the bar this season, but there's raising the bar, and then there's what he did on Saturday: Charles Leclerc. Who would have expected to see him in Q3?
#FreeGonzo
IceG

Re: IIDOTR France 2009

Post by IceG »

Leclerc, though after qualy it wasn't that improbable
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

This is difficult. Leclerc had an excellent qualifying but the race was pretty much the expected result, Sainz started well but dropped later in the race (though he wasn't to blame), Räikkönen had a good race but qualifying was a disaster... So many candidates that don't quite make it for me.

I nominate Magnussen by default, he was the best of the rest and did a great job all weekend!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Sauber as a whole were very impressive this weekend, so was Magnussen who kept out of trouble while his teammate couldn't and scored for Haas again, they're closing in on Force One and could even catch McLaren at this rate.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'm expecting Charles Leclerc to be working magic in that car by now (and I revise my opinion that it's the slowest on the grid - we all know where that wooden spoon has gone to now). So in the absence of anything better, I nominate...

The England football team. I expect very little from them except catastrophic failure to live up to the hype drummed up by The Sun and other such media outlets. I actually watched the match earlier. And I was genuinely surprised.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Magnussen for doing surprisingly well with his Haas, a genuinely good drive that kind of cast some shade on Grosjean.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Really, there were a few suggestions. Sainz, Leclerc, Magnussen and Haas in general were all stand-out performers. Unfortunately the DRS ruined their ability to hold their great positions, but the performances still deserve a mention.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
RAK

Post by RAK »

Charles Leclerc: For his strong qualifying result.

Kevin Magnussen: For his strong race result.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Kevin , individually , and Haas collectively. I didnt really expect that . How good is a Ferrari engine..?
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I go for Sainz. He should have won the best of the rest and was running 3rd in early stages.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

IIDOTR France 2009

Post by Klon »

1st: Kazuki Nakajima for finally turning his season around and scoring his first points of the year at Magny-Cours.

2nd: Force India for almost getting both cars into Q3 and fighting for points the entire race, even if they came up a little bit short.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is up! 48 hours, as per usual, to get your vote in.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

A little disorganised here but we'll get this all sorted out---thank God there's no more triple headers, honestly!

Anyway, Kevin Magnussen was our Infinite Improbability driver at Paul Ricard, doing great things in that Haas car and ending up best of the rest in the race. All this while his teammate floundered, Kevin delivered yet again.