Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Let's hear those nominations...
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Re: Reject of the Britain - Race

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Incosistency of the stewards
2. Williams
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

I want to briefly mention two relatively inconsequentual cock-ups:

1. The list of Silverstone facts showing that it hosted the first ever Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1950 (Rantbox post on this particular factoid incoming when I have the time)
2. Ben Edwards mentioning that Luigi Villoresi won the 1948 British Grand Prix in an Alfa Romeo during a moment when we were following Charles Leclerc's Sauber (using its Alfa branding as a segue naturally). Luigi Villoresi was driving a Maserati that day, as he had been for nearly his entire racing career before 1949. In fact, I don't believe Mr. Villoresi ever drove an Alfa Romeo in over twenty years of racing...

Anyway, I'm putting these forward for consideration:

Sauber: Double-points to double-DNF. More upsetting is they were looking the strongest they've been all year.
Romain Grosjean: The other hero-to-zero moment was Romain hitting his teammate on the first lap, and then the incident with Sainz (although I'd probably lean towards "racing incident" for the latter)

I thought after Saturday that Williams would be an easy nomination, but the race was business as usual for them. Stewards... yeah, Raikkonen's penalty seemed odd alright.
#FreeGonzo
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Brendon Hartley's luck. He seriously seems to be cursed – another big crash in FP3, preventing him from participating in qualifying, and his race ended before it even began...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. Santino Ferrucci - Acted like a complete arsewipe all weekend in F2. He deliberately drove into the back of the same driver in both races. It gets even better, because that driver was Arjun Maini...who happens to be Ferrucci's team mate at Trident! His response on Twitter is something else entirely. Easily the most disgraceful performance at Silverstone. :facepalm:

2. Ben Edwards - What Simtek said.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff: Talk about sore losers and crying foul play. Lewis being a miserable git everytime he doesn't win a race is nothing new anymore which is understandable as long as you deliver big results. However suggesting Ferrari used "interesting tactics" (code for: Ferrari told Kimi to hit me deliberately) overstepped the mark a little bit. I guess they were also responsible for his miserable start which put him in that situation in the first place. Toto Wolff did himself no favours either by pretty much backing those claims. Did he not hear that Raikkonen admitted that he made a simple mistake?

Stewards: The clash between Raikkonen and Hamilton here was nowhere near as bad as what Vettel did to Bottas in France yet Seb only got a 5 second penalty and Kimi gets a 10? Talk about a lack of consistency

Sauber: Talk about the highs and lows of F1, From a double points finish in Austria to a double DNF here. And both were self inflicted retirements too so they can't use the mechanical failure card. It's clear that they have genuinely improved as a whole team judging by Ericsson's performances showing that this isn't a case of Leclerc making a poor car look good but making a good car look even better but today was a bit of a reality check

Brendon Hartley's Luck: East Londoner mentions quite regularly that this man turned down a Chip Ganassi drive in Indycar to be a midfielder at best in F1. He must feel so sick right now. Every mechanical problem at Toro Rosso seems to be coming his way right now and he just can't catch a break. may have scored a point in Austria until retiring and then not even starting today. Got to feel for him

Oh yeah a great shout for Santino Ferrucci too: Forced his team-mate off the track in the Feature race and then admitted to deliberately hitting him after the Sprint. His reaction on twitter is easily one of the most appalling I've seen in a long time.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff: Talk about sore losers and crying foul play. Lewis being a miserable git everytime he doesn't win a race is nothing new anymore which is understandable as long as you deliver big results. However suggesting Ferrari used "interesting tactics" (code for: Ferrari told Kimi to hit me deliberately) overstepped the mark a little bit. I guess they were also responsible for his miserable start which put him in that situation in the first place. Toto Wolff did himself no favours either by pretty much backing those claims. Did he not hear that Raikkonen admitted that he made a simple mistake?

Stewards: The clash between Raikkonen and Hamilton here was nowhere near as bad as what Vettel did to Bottas in France yet Seb only got a 5 second penalty and Kimi gets a 10? Talk about a lack of consistency

Sauber: Talk about the highs and lows of F1, From a double points finish in Austria to a double DNF here. And both were self inflicted retirements too so they can't use the mechanical failure card. It's clear that they have genuinely improved as a whole team judging by Ericsson's performances showing that this isn't a case of Leclerc making a poor car look good but making a good car look even better but today was a bit of a reality check

Brendon Hartley's Luck: East Londoner mentions quite regularly that this man turned down a Chip Ganassi drive in Indycar to be a midfielder at best in F1. He must feel so sick right now. Every mechanical problem at Toro Rosso seems to be coming his way right now and he just can't catch a break. may have scored a point in Austria until retiring and then not even starting today. Got to feel for him

Oh yeah a great shout for Santino Ferrucci too: Forced his team-mate off the track in the Feature race and then admitted to deliberately hitting him after the Sprint. His reaction on twitter is easily one of the most appalling I've seen in a long time.

I missed the whining so I'll steal this in absentia if you don't mind.
mario

Post by mario »

Simtek wrote:I want to briefly mention two relatively inconsequentual cock-ups:

1. The list of Silverstone facts showing that it hosted the first ever Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1950 (Rantbox post on this particular factoid incoming when I have the time)
2. Ben Edwards mentioning that Luigi Villoresi won the 1948 British Grand Prix in an Alfa Romeo during a moment when we were following Charles Leclerc's Sauber (using its Alfa branding as a segue naturally). Luigi Villoresi was driving a Maserati that day, as he had been for nearly his entire racing career before 1949. In fact, I don't believe Mr. Villoresi ever drove an Alfa Romeo in over twenty years of racing...

It looks like you are correct about Luigi never driving for Alfa Romeo - he drove for Ferrari, Lancia and Maserati, but not Alfa Romeo as far as I can tell (perhaps because of the death of his brother Emilio whilst driving an early Alfa Romeo 158).

I do agree that Santino Ferrucci's rather toxic and childish attitude definitely deserves some sort of award, even if technically it is not F1 material - the only solace is the hope that his behaviour will kill any chances of staying on in F2 for much longer.

Edit: Well, it seems that Trident are now rallying around Maini and have apologised for the "uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him."

Perhaps more ominously for him, Trident have also stated that "The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers." - which does rather sound like a polite way of saying that he's going to be sacked.

Similarly, Steiner has now confirmed that, over the coming weeks, Haas will also be holding their own internal review into his behaviour - so it sounds as if the consequences are going to hit home pretty quickly for him.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Bottas' luck - I don't care if he could've made the tyres last, Mercedes made the wrong call on strategy, Bottas just can't do anything get a win right now. But compatriot Mika Hakkinen had a similar run of bad fortune in 1997, and we all know what followed the year after ;)
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Lewis Hamilton for being in a car that can, after a collision, go from 19th to 2nd, and then cry about the situation when almost no one else would be on the podium today.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

mario wrote:I do agree that Santino Ferrucci's rather toxic and childish attitude definitely deserves some sort of award, even if technically it is not F1 material - the only solace is the hope that his behaviour will kill any chances of staying on in F2 for much longer.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

East Londoner wrote:1. Santino Ferrucci - Acted like a complete arsewipe all weekend in F2. He deliberately drove into the back of the same driver in both races. It gets even better, because that driver was Arjun Maini...who happens to be Ferrucci's team mate at Trident! His response on Twitter is something else entirely. Easily the most disgraceful performance at Silverstone. :facepalm:

Santino Ferrucci wrote:I just did my drug test so I’m all clear

I... what?!
#FreeGonzo
mario

Post by mario »

good_Ralf wrote:Bottas' luck - I don't care if he could've made the tyres last, Mercedes made the wrong call on strategy, Bottas just can't do anything get a win right now. But compatriot Mika Hakkinen had a similar run of bad fortune in 1997, and we all know what followed the year after ;)

It was a strange strategy call by Mercedes for both drivers, since they chose to place both drivers into a position where they were having to defend against the two cars which had been consistently faster in the speed traps than they had and on tyres which were harder and more heavily worn.

OK, I can understand wanting to do something different in that situation, but they're perhaps lucky that it didn't backfire quite as much as it could have done.

Ataxia wrote:
mario wrote:I do agree that Santino Ferrucci's rather toxic and childish attitude definitely deserves some sort of award, even if technically it is not F1 material - the only solace is the hope that his behaviour will kill any chances of staying on in F2 for much longer.

Unfortunately, your image isn't showing up at the moment - is it, however, a reference to Trident's comments about placing the matter in the hands of their lawyers?
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Gotta go for the Stewards as well, their special boy can't possibly have anything bad happen to him in a Formula 1 race.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Despite being seemingly dead-set on taking the ROTY award, Williams found a new low at Silverstone, and one deserving of Reject of the Race- they were slow, as per usual, but their "upgrades" made the car downright dangerous to drive too, with the rear aero stalling accentuated by the new rear wing. It is clear that, even after sacking pretty much their entire design department (bar Lowe) that produced the FW41, Williams are still lost. Lance Stroll's antics while being lapped did them no favours either.

Dishonourable mentions must go to Brendon Hartley's luck (or lack thereof)- he should have at least triple the points he has now - and Santino Ferrucci, for an act of boneheaded stupidity so rejectful, it almost transcended series and took this award.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

mario wrote:Unfortunately, your image isn't showing up at the moment - is it, however, a reference to Trident's comments about placing the matter in the hands of their lawyers?

Let's just say I've never enjoyed writing up a stewards' report so much...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Lewis Hamilton: Team radio has revealed there to be many, many whiners on the F1 grid, and Hamilton's the worst, by far. (And with Vettel and Alonso for competition, that's really saying something). Ferrari had Kimi deliberately run you off? Yeah. Okay. Sure mate, whatever you say. They'd obviously predicted you'd mess up the start and had Kimi ready to pounce.

And another petulant episode with the media too. Why don't you spend a press conference drawing more bunny ears on people in snapchat and then claim the press is out to get you again, yeah?

And what's worse is Mercedes indulge him by treating him like some near irreplaceable ultra precious commodity. Any time there's a problem from the team, they issue grovelling apology after grovelling apology. Where's grovelling apology to the team from Hamilton for lighting up the rears off the start? Where's Mercedes' strategist apologising over the radio to Bottas and making a massive deal out of saying it's his fault for stuffing his strategy?
I don't understand why they're so obsessed with cuddling him. What's he going to do if they're not kissing his feet at every possible turn? Leave? I doubt it. The only other team he'd be able to win the Championship with in the next couple of years is Ferrari where he can't go whilst Vettel is there. And if he did, they could get Ricciardo who's 99.99999% as good (if not 100%) to replace him and have just as much chance as winning the WDC and WCC.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

You-Gee-Eee-Day wrote:Gotta go for the Stewards as well, their special boy can't possibly have anything bad happen to him in a Formula 1 race.

I think I heard from Brawn in an interview that the stewards would be taking the result of a collision into account going forward after Vettel's punishment for colliding with Bottas was widely regarded as too lenient (I don't remember where I read it though).

Anyway, my nominations are

1 - Lewis Hamilton for being in a stinking mood after progressing back to where he was before Raikönnen hit his rear tyre (and getting let past by Bottas)
2 - Valterri Bottas' luck

Honourable mentions to Brendan Hartley's luck, and Sauber for throwing points away (especially after Leclerc's recent run of form).
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I nominate the Britsh Grand Prix.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I nominate the Britsh Grand Prix.

I dislike the British as much as anyone, but I am afraid I will have to call you out and request a reasoning. It was a rather entertaining race this time around and with Silverstone, that is not a given.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Klon wrote:

I dislike the British as much as anyone, but I am afraid I will have to call you out and request a reasoning. It was a rather entertaining race this time around and with Silverstone, that is not a given.

I believe that's a reference to this occurrence during the race:

kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Having the DRS zone encompassing Abbey and Farm turns did seem to generate some crashes, as I predicted in my Predicament Predictions entry, so I will go for that...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
girry

Post by girry »

Well Ferrucci truly is making an effort for the Reject of the Race.

when you're dead people start listening
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:
Klon wrote:

I believe that's a reference to this occurrence during the race:

This happened again!? How!? :o :o :o

I whoosed, give me and Liberty Media's intern ROTR.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I'm withdrawing my nomination for Hamilton because, in an unusual move for an F1 driver, he's actually shown a bit of contrition about his remarks. Fair dos.

I'm left to nominate Williams, for yet another shocking weekend. Should we be surprised that one of only 2-3 privateer teams (depending on definition) is struggling badly? Maybe not in one sense, but equally this isn't a Caterham or HRT or even a Jordan. This is Williams, who are the second most successful team by constructors titles and third most successful by race wins. Surely this is not their future?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

After reading all the extra reaction today I too am going to rescind the Hamilton nomination. Fair play to him for admitting he said something stupid which was in the heat of the moment (he's put it down to physical exhaustion which would also mean your not in a good mental frame of mind either)

That said I'm going to keep Toto Wolff's nomination because although I understand he wanted to defend his driver, the context that Hamilton initially implied wasn't one to take extremely seriously. Kimi's wife Minttu has caused a bit of a storm with an Instagram snap that implied that if they can't take losing they should try ballet. She later explained she was having a dig at the Mercedes team and not Hamilton individually. Personally I think she has a point, Mercedes have had it so easy since the turbo hybrid era started that maybe they've become too comfortable with cruising to both championships. We saw Vettel's promise last season in winning 5 races and this season Ferrari are not only equal to Mercedes on slower tracks, they're eroding the gap on pro-Mercedes tracks too and Red Bull can genuinely best them on the slower ones, Mercedes are being stretched this season and they don't like it
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

1. Williams - it's times like these my nostalgia for DNQs intensifies.
  2. Toto Wolff - I can understand a driver getting lost in the heat of the moment and accusing another of intentionally hitting him, but his bathplugging team principal?
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

I'll echo dr-baker's comments on the stupidity of having Farm and Abbey as a DRS zone - that turned out to be expensive and basically dangerous , for no really good reason reason ( except perhaps some machismo element, and possibly a need to have a 3rd DRS zone "because other tracks are doing it") . I dont think it added much to overtaking , or spectacle.

And then Mr Ferrucci..has to be a contender. And technically associated with F1 through his Haas deal . And it wasnt just a moment of on-track madness - refused to go to stewards, various other 'nastiness' out the car...
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ok doke, here we go:

- Räikkönen's penalty: A little outrageous. To me it seemed clearly a racing incident, and didn't require a penalty of that magnitude.
- Williams: shortly before Qualifying, Clare Williams was on stage talking about how this track would suit them much better, and they expected a double-Q2 performance this weekend. Half an hour later, oh no :facepalm:
- Max Verstappen: this is more of a dishonourable mention, but throughout most of the weekend there was something in the air that implied Max was going to have one of his weekends. He was decent in Q and the race, but there were a lot of crashes and issues.
- The A- and B-Team system in Formula 1: the Silverstone radio regularly referred to Hulkenberg, Magnussen and others as winning the "B race". It was nice that they were giving shout-outs to people doing well who aren't in the top 6, but it was also kind of depressing that everyone's conscious of two tiers of F1.
- DRS on the Hangar Straight: It was awesome to see Hamilton overtake all those cars in front of me (I was at Stowe), but it was certainly too easy for him. After the second or third overtake, it was obvious that nobody was even going to try to block him or make him fight for the overtake.
- Romain Grosjean: It's that kind of hero-to-zero disaster that we saw in Silverstone that makes you a strong contender for Reject of the Year.

Also:
- The crowd that cheered maniacally for Nico Rosberg when he stood and waved from the pit-wall after the race: All I could think was that these very same people cheering for him were booing and whistling him incessantly the last time I was at Silverstone. Probably the only insufferable moment I had at the track.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Since the junior series thread is locked, I'll give my thoughts on Ferrucci here, who undoubtedly was reject of the weekend. Now, I was away this weekend, and only saw the video of his incident, and I must admit, I felt the punishment was WAY overboard.

Right or wrong, incidents on the cooldown lap or under caution, even among teammates, are quite common over here, and being American, I merely shrugged.

But now? With everything that has come out? Ignoring THREE summons to the stewards? Openly being racist to your teammate? Texting and driving in a bathplugging FORMULA TWO CAR??? The kid is a friggin idiot. I know Haas needs money, but damn man, get somebody else.

Also, for what its worth, during MRN's broadcast of the Indycar Detroit races, they talked at no small length about Ferrucci's issues with the rest of the paddock. The Indy boys felt he had an attitude. Guess we know.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Four options up for the next 48 hours. There were a lot of popular suggestions, and so I tried my best to narrow it down to the best four. Once again, sorry if yours wasn't on the list.

Get voting :chilton:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Bobby Doorknobs

Rob Dylan wrote:Four options up for the next 48 hours. There were a lot of popular suggestions, and so I tried my best to narrow it down to the best four. Once again, sorry if yours wasn't on the list.

Get voting :chilton:

As utterly stupid as he was, Santino Ferrucci shouldn't be a serious nominee. I'd suggest changing it to either the DRS zone through Abbey, or Sauber.
#FreeGonzo
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Simtek wrote:As utterly stupid as he was, Santino Ferrucci shouldn't be a serious nominee. I'd suggest changing it to either the DRS zone through Abbey, or Sauber.

Why not? Off-track drama got ROTR back in the old days more than once, so I do not see why a F2 driver should not be eligible to receive ROTR. We must resist the temptation of being too strict about this for-fun award. It admittedly makes predicting the ROTR even harder than usual for the prediction game, but that's no reason to not do it. :D
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Klon wrote:
Simtek wrote:As utterly stupid as he was, Santino Ferrucci shouldn't be a serious nominee. I'd suggest changing it to either the DRS zone through Abbey, or Sauber.

Why not? Off-track drama got ROTR back in the old days more than once, so I do not see why a F2 driver should not be eligible to receive ROTR. We must resist the temptation of being too strict about this for-fun award. It admittedly makes predicting the ROTR even harder than usual for the prediction game, but that's no reason to not do it. :D

But it should be related to F1....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Bobby Doorknobs

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Klon wrote:

But it should be related to F1....

I was pretty much going to say this, but I've also thought: What about changing the nomination to Haas?

- While they were excellent in qualifying, they tangled on the first lap, and spent the majority of the race trying to beat Ocon and the Renaults (and Leclerc before he retired), ending up with just two points
- Grosjean's incident with Sainz
- And of course, the theatrics from their reserve driver in the F2 paddock and races
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Come on, Santino Ferrucci is at least tangentially related to F1, as a Haas Junior driver racing in the designated F1 feeder series. It's not like that time a bunch of us voted for Scott McLaughlin, a man who has absolutely no relevance to F1 whatsoever.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I was seriously considering not putting Ferucci in the list, but the fact is that he received far more nominations than anyone else, so I suppose I felt obliged to put him in. If people want to seriously vote for him, go ahead imo. But if people don't like that way of doing things, I won't do that in future.
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote:I was seriously considering not putting Ferucci in the list, but the fact is that he received far more nominations than anyone else, so I suppose I felt obliged to put him in. If people want to seriously vote for him, go ahead imo. But if people don't like that way of doing things, I won't do that in future.

I had wondered about it, but Salamander does have a point that Santino does have a limited connection to F1 via being Haas's test driver and having participated in a test session.

Steiner has also indicated that Haas are "reconsidering their contractual relationship" with him as a result of his antics, so it does seem as if the consequences of his actions are spilling over into F1 as well.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

You know what's more exciting than the World Cup? The Reject of the Race award!

In a somewhat controversial decision (my fault, sorry), the Reject-public have voted for Santino Ferrucci! The F2 driver has now been disqualified from the second race at Silverstone and banned for the next two rounds (which is four races) for his antics involving hitting his teammate more than once, and then following it up with harrassment (with racial factors), not turning up to the hearing, and a bunch of other stuff. A Haas F1 test driver, he is likely to have ended his chances at a career at top-level motorsport with his sorry weekend, and so he certainly deserves Reject of the Race.