2018 BGPIIDOTRT

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race!

Poll ended at 14 Jul 2018, 11:08

Charles Leclerc
15%
The Final Act of the Race
46%
Kimi Räikkönen
31%
Pierre Gasly
8%

Total votes: 13

Bobby Doorknobs

2018 BGPIIDOTRT

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Infinite Improbability nominations here please. :deletraz:
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Re: 2018 BGPIIDOTRT

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Pierre Gasly
2. Valterri Bottas
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

My nomination is the laps after the second safety car. From a fairly uneventful race (apart from Hamilton fighting his way back to the front), we went to the top four fighting for position (with the Red Bulls not far either) and actual overtakes!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Kimi Raikkonen: Someone get that man a statue ;). Seriously though I thought he was dead and buried to a net 6th place after his penalty (he deserved one but not that harsh) but his aggression after the safety car was a joy to watch and he nets a podium. Might have got 2nd given another lap or two

The last 15 laps: So enjoyable to see the 4 cars from the 2 teams in a genuine contest for victory with the gloves off
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

1. The F2 stewards - For absolutely and deservedly throwing the book at Santino Ferrucci after his disgraceful performance this weekend. :dance:

2. The last third of the race - When was the last time we saw a genuine four-car battle up front?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

IIDOTR must go to the last 15-20 laps of the race, for featuring an actual battle for the lead, great overtakes, and two safety cars. An honourable mention must go to the first five laps of the race, for being uncommonly exciting for a modern GP, and facilitating the events of the last few laps.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Got back home last night. Let's see here:

- Charles Leclerc: It was shocking just how competitive the Sauber was throughout the weekend. I know it's becoming less improbable, but the fact that he was in Q3 and always in the top ten while in the race, has solidified in my opinion that this guy is the real deal.
- Sebastian Vettel: I was honestly expecting a Mercedes white-wash, so Sebastian continuing to win in spite of his lead being completely cut was impressive for me.

And of course:
- yannicksamlad: a great guy, lovely to meet you :)
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is up for the next 48 hours. Not many nominations placed, but I collected the ones mentioned.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Rob Dylan wrote:...

And of course:
- yannicksamlad: a great guy, lovely to meet you :)

Sorry I didn't acknowledge this before Rob. I only just found it.
And straight back atcha; terrific to meet you guys. The future is safe in your hands- you're lovely people
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And the winner of Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race in Silverstone goes to the final act of the race! The action from those final 10-15 laps after the safety cars turned what was dying down into something of a procession into a thriller with five drivers all within a few seconds of each other. Overtakes, improbability, drama: good stuff in other words.