Get Ready for... The Russell Bustle!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Rob Dylan

Get Ready for... The Russell Bustle!

Post by Rob Dylan »

It seems that li'l Georgie Russell has finally found his way up to the big boys club. It has been far too long since we've had a proper dedicated driver fan thread, so I'm starting this one.

But seriously, starting at a team as successful as Williams! Have you seen how many titles they've won? I expect him to be winning by the summer break :P he could even be as successful as past Williams greats Bruno Senna and Pastor Maldonado! I am reminded already of the halcyon days of Nakajima, or of Pizzonia. Maybe that's asking too much of the kid at this point though.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
DemocalypseNow

Re: Get Ready for... The Russell Bustle!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

If he succeeds in cutting the F1 mustard, this thread ought to be called the "The Russell Hustle". Unless there's a highly unlikely radical shift in Williams' performance he'll really need to hustle the FW42 to extract a decent result out of it.

Or if he shows off some Artem Markelov-level racecraft, we could switch to "The Russell Tussle", or even "The Russell Muscle" if he gets into a habit of barging people out the way.

I'll get my coat...and my rhyming dictionary.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Get Ready for... The Russell Bustle!

Post by yannicksamlad »

Rob Dylan wrote: I am reminded already of the halcyon days of..... Pizzonia. Maybe that's asking too much of the kid at this point though.

Ah yes - Antonio P - who I was convinced was going to be very big in F1 indeed....What could have been..(?) Oh well . I'm sure George won't follow that path
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...