Sebastian Vettel
19%
Valtteri Bottas
6%

Total votes: 16

Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - US of A

Post by Londoner »

1. Lance Stroll - Yeah, there really wasn't room for two cars there, son.

2. Sainz's penalty - Incredibly harsh given it happened on the first lap, which as everyone knows is a free-for-all...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Your Reject of the Race - US of A

Post by Klon »

1. Red Bull Cowboy Racesuits - U-G-L-Y, you ain't no alibi, you ugly!

2. Valtteri Bottas - Remember, either Esteban Ocon or Pascal Wehrlein could be having access to a top-tier car instead of being out of the sport, but nooooo, Lewis needs his number two. :facepalm:
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I wasn't going to originally but, as I am a registered Autosport Forums user (who steers well clear of Racing Comments), I nominate Sebastian Vettel. :deletraz:
#FreeGonzo
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Here's Nomination #1

I've seen a few suggest that it makes them look more like Woody out of Toy Story. - Mario

But just to spice things up lets say

Nomination #2: Max Verstappen's Shoe
Last edited by You-Gee-Eee-Day on 21 Oct 2018, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I nominate myself because, although I was aware of the time, I was too sociable after the evening service at church and missed the first 16 laps of the race, then listened to the next 10-15 laps on the in-car DAB radio. Gonna have to download the race later. Only the internet was out at home, so currently using the gym wifi. Only i am typing this in the car because the gym has just closed...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:I nominate myself because, although I was aware of the time, I was too sociable after the evening service at church and missed the first 16 laps of the race, then listened to the next 10-15 laps on the in-car DAB radio. Gonna have to download the race later. Only the internet was out at home, so currently using the gym wifi. Only i am typing this in the car because the gym has just closed...

I'm just hoping that you're not going to then say that your car has just broken down to cap off those problems...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. Vettel - his head's gone completely now, and the result is a unacceptable amount of unforced errors.
2. Grosjean - Great qualifying, the less said about the race the better
DHM:
Haas mechanics: The second time this year one of their drivers get unnecessarily disqualified
Ricciardo's engine allocation: What's that, six failures in six races or something?
The 17:35 LNER service to Leeds: No aircon, and dodgy signal = a very frustrating environment to try (and fail) to watch F1
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

My nomination goes to Sebastian Vettel for yet another costly error, as good as his recovery was.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I nominate Chase Carey for not knowing whether Hamilton was going for his fifth or sixth championship. Tells you all you need to know about Liberty Media.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
1993DonningtonNo1Mk2

Post by 1993DonningtonNo1Mk2 »

1. Mercedes' pit strategy - Not as shambolic as McLaren's China 2007 blunder but seriously guys! Lewis had the title on a plate, Vettel practically handed it to him on the first lap and you left him out on those worn softs until he was liable to drop behind both Kimi and Max? You totally shot yourselves in the foot there and Bottas certainly didn't help matters by running wide and allowing Vettel through!

2. Sebastian Vettel - How long has he been in F1? Long enough to know how to overtake without hitting everyone, I guess 8 years on, he still hasn't learned anything from Turkey 2010.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Haas as a whole in their home track.
2. Bottas was anonymous all race long. Selfish Lewis does need his number 2 driver.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Stroll: Had a miserable race

Vettel: Needs to get back to basics, yes he was quick, but by then, it was a little late.

The 2 DQs: This is motorsport, motorsport uses petrol/gasoline, get over it. Quit trying to please the greenies, if they don't like the fact that F1 uses fuel, they can watch Formula E, or dog shows, or knitting competitions (where they use synthetic wool of course). Let the engines use as much fuel as needed, if your engine burns through too much, and you have to lug extra around, that's your problem. This overregulation is getting old.

HM: Ricciardo's luck: Just can't catch a break, can he?
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

I didnt think anything was that bad really -- I'd expect Vettel to fight , and he wasnt reckless, but he just lost out. Not a big mistake ( although the consequences stacked up) was it? Same with Grosjean and Stroll- not a huge over-commitment, just a bit amateur.

How about Red Bull design and manufacture; Max's rear suspension disintegrates on the bump, and Ricciardo's engine does what it does in a Red Bull ( but Renault dont seem to have the same...) Is there something about the cooling, installation, vibration, mapping etc on the Red Bull which causes them issues ? I don't know..but maybe
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I nominate myself because, although I was aware of the time, I was too sociable after the evening service at church and missed the first 16 laps of the race, then listened to the next 10-15 laps on the in-car DAB radio. Gonna have to download the race later. Only the internet was out at home, so currently using the gym wifi. Only i am typing this in the car because the gym has just closed...

I'm just hoping that you're not going to then say that your car has just broken down to cap off those problems...

Nah, my car caught fire and burnt out on the A3 on 25th September at about 8:35 am....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Pacific 777 wrote:The 2 DQs: This is motorsport, motorsport uses petrol/gasoline, get over it.

Wuss. 90% Nitromethane or bust :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

dr-baker wrote:Nah, my car caught fire and burnt out on the A3 on 25th September at about 8:35 am....

Sorry to hear that - really not lucky there . Wow , that's unfortunate
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

1 Sebastian Vettel: This is beyond worse than Damon Hill in 1995 now. You'd think the guy was in his rookie season if you'd only started watching F1 from Italy onwards. Fair play for salvaging 4th but on a day where Mercedes made rare mistakes he'd already thrown away the chance to capitalize

2 Valterri Bottas: Some wingman job that mate. Got beat by a guy who started 18th and a guy who was down in 15th on lap 1. It's been pretty sobering watching him morph into Hamilton's lapdog having watched Rosberg upset Hamilton multiple times for 3 years.

HM's
Daniel Ricciardo's car: 7 retirements this year now, 6 of them down to the RB14 crying enough. No wonder he wants out to Renault

Sainz's penalty: I didn't see a lot wrong plus it was lap 1 so not every car could be expected to stay in bounds

Mercedes Strategists: Fell for Raikkonen's bluff and then waited too long to pit Hamilton ulitmately delaying his coronation for another week
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Daniel Ricciardo's Red Bull - seriously? Again?

Haas - using too much fuel is just one of those things you shouldn't even have to think about. You have sensors specifically for this reason.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

yannicksamlad wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Nah, my car caught fire and burnt out on the A3 on 25th September at about 8:35 am....

Sorry to hear that - really not lucky there . Wow , that's unfortunate

Yeah, apparently the damage is so bad, they won't be able to investigate why it happened.

Wizzie wrote:
Pacific 777 wrote:The 2 DQs: This is motorsport, motorsport uses petrol/gasoline, get over it.

Wuss. 90% Nitromethane or bust :P

That could have made my car fire more... interesting... :shock:
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

A little late with this, but the Reject of the Race poll is now up :) Ok, so this was a very difficult set of choices to pick. So many nominations, many of which were really funny! Tried to pick the fairest ones as possible, so hopefully people don't have a problem with them.

You have 48 hours :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

So in a rather unexpected twist (for me, at least), Haas wins Reject of the Race for the second time this season. At their home race they had quite good qualifying pace, but by Sunday evening they had one driver out after a few laps, and the other disqualified from the points after a fuel error. That left them pointless, and in a position where achieving that coveted Formula B constructors championship is now a serious mountain to climb. Not a good way to visit their home race, and certainly not this late in the season.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!