Haas
13%
RTL coverage
6%

Total votes: 16

Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Mexico

Post by Londoner »

1. Daniel Ricciardo's luck - Seriously, did he break a box of mirrors or something? :(

2. Valtteri Bottas - Finished a lap down on merit. His only notable moment was copying Hamilton's lock up into turn 1. He's lucky he's got that seat locked in for 2019, because this performance level simply isn't cutting the mustard right now.

Honourable mention to Haas, probably their worst performance since 2016.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Mexico

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

#FreeGonzo
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Simtek wrote:Londunce pls :P

You do that again and I'll hand you a ban. :pantano:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

East Londoner wrote:
Simtek wrote:Londunce pls :P

You do that again and I'll hand you a ban. :pantano:

Not if I ban you first. ;)
#FreeGonzo
Samster

Post by Samster »

East Londoner wrote:2. Valtteri Bottas - Finished a lap down on merit. His only notable moment was copying Hamilton's lock up into turn 1. He's lucky he's got that seat locked in for 2019, because this performance level simply isn't cutting the mustard right now.

To be fair to him even Lewis was seconds away from being lapped too.

My nomination goes to The gap down to Formula 1.5, even Hulk was two damn laps down. :facepalm:

Haas deserve a mention too, even with their improved form this season, Mexico remains their major bogie track.
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

#1 The hammer with the word "Luck" stenciled onto it that gets tossed into the boxes transporting Ricciardo's parts.

#2 Multiple VSCs for ruining what would have been a really tense tire management race.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I nominate RTL - any time any action significant to the race result happened, I was having adverts for Alpecin Koffein-Shampoo or a Skoda Kodiaq shouted in my face in German. Or at least that would have been the case if I hadn't had the sound down and the Five Live commentary on instead.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

There's only 3 choices for me

Ricky's car: Shades of Mark Webber in 2013 this. Coincidence? Given how far Renault are behind the ultimate pace it makes me wonder if we'll ever see Ricciardo on the podium again

Valterri Bottas: Was he even in this race. Only saw him when he went off the road. He'll be lucky to come 4th in the championship at this rate and even luckier if he's still in a Mercedes beyond the end of 2019

The 2 tier formula: 6th place finished 2 and a half laps adrift in a race with 3 VSC's. Sorry but that is utterly depressing. No wonder MotoGP and IndyCar are in higher acclaim thanks to their unpredictability
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Daniel Ricciardo's car.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Ricciardo’s luck

2. Alonso’s luck
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Haas: Well behind the curve this weekend.

2) Ricciardo's luck: Would have been a very worthy podium, spoilt by poor reliability.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Got a few here

Pirelli: Yes, it made the race a bit more interesting, but from a performance view, they were shocking.

Ricciardo's luck: What does he have to do?

Haas: Were nowhere

DHM: Formula1.com, for the 3rd time in 4 races they displayed the wrong start time when I clicked the "Convert to my local time" button
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

1. Danny Ric: If his season was summed up in a song, that's most definitely "I Should Be So Lucky"

2. Fernando Alonso: A miserable end to his F1 career
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
razta

Post by razta »

dinizintheoven wrote:I nominate RTL - any time any action significant to the race result happened, I was having adverts for Alpecin Koffein-Shampoo or a Skoda Kodiaq shouted in my face in German. Or at least that would have been the case if I hadn't had the sound down and the Five Live commentary on instead.

THIS! Thankfully I had F1TV too.. but there's a massive delay on the stream
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Haas for being terrible – that they finished in the last two places (behind both Williams!) tells us all we need to know... :facepalm:
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm also going for the gap between the top 3 teams and the rest - it's so big it's silly now.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
mario

Post by mario »

RAK wrote:1) Haas: Well behind the curve this weekend.

2) Ricciardo's luck: Would have been a very worthy podium, spoilt by poor reliability.

Not only that, Haas were being very petty about it as well - you also had Grosjean complaining that "It doesn’t make much sense to have a circuit at that altitude", and the team were frequently complaining in a way that came across as pretty childish.

As for Ricciardo, even the man who normally seems to be one of the happiest figures in the field is finally reaching breaking point with his misfortunes, getting to the point where he flippantly joked that he'd rather let Gasly drive the car than have to put up with yet another retirement.

What is especially galling for him is the fact that it turned out to be exactly the same failure as he had in Monza - a clutch bearing failure - and, considering that he seems to have spent pretty much the entire race driving along with a slipping clutch, he was doing a pretty decent job to have still been that quick despite those problems.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

razta wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I nominate RTL - any time any action significant to the race result happened, I was having adverts for Alpecin Koffein-Shampoo or a Skoda Kodiaq shouted in my face in German. Or at least that would have been the case if I hadn't had the sound down and the Five Live commentary on instead.

THIS! Thankfully I had F1TV too.. but there's a massive delay on the stream

I second this as well. It's F1TV for me next year, no matter what.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

1. Drivers moving away from Renault engined teams next year: Alonso, Sainz and Ricciardo must be somewhat fed up, particularly the latter two.
2. Ocon: Pointless, and had a hunger for destroying front wings for some reason.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

That's the poll up! When I get time I will try to update Predicament Predictions from the USA. But enjoy and get voting for now. You have 48 hours! :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Another interesting thing wins Reject of the Race this season, and in Mexico it was Formula 1.5. Even being fair, the gap between those top teams and the rest was utterly ridiculous! Hulkenberg in 6th was almost three laps down by the end of the race, and well over a lap behind even the guy in front of him. And that was after Bottas himself had a torrid race. This haas been a largely complained about aspect of the 2018 season, and Mexico highlighted it maybe higher than anywhere else. Therefore it rightly deserves an award this year, and so the gap itself wins Reject of the Race.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!