RejectWatch Recap 2018

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

RejectWatch Recap 2018

Post by Londoner »

2018 may have been a barren year in Formula One, but outside of the F1 paddock our intrepid Reject heroes have lit up the racetrack in the motorsport world. It was the task of a young man from Sprimont in Belgium to track down and record . It was such a mammoth task he ended up with three articles worth of material. Courtesy of our own Thomas De Bock, it's time for the RejectWatch Recap 2018, the first part of which you can read here today!

I'd also like to apologise for the dearth of content on GPR since the summer. Unfortunately the pressures of a real job and having to be an "adult" has sapped away a lot of content creators free time over the last couple of months, mine included, and the general malaise real-life F1 finds itself hasn't helped. Hopefully we will be able to get a semi-regular run of articles out in 2019. :)

RejectWatch Recap 2018 - Part 1
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RejectWatch Recap 2018

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

East Londoner wrote:2018 may have been a barren year in Formula One, but outside of the F1 paddock our intrepid Reject heroes have lit up the racetrack in the motorsport world. It was the task of a young man from Sprimont in Belgium to track down and record . It was such a mammoth task he ended up with three articles worth of material. Yes, it's time for the RejectWatch Recap 2018, the first part of which you can read here today!

I'd also like to apologise for the dearth of content on GPR since the summer. Unfortunately the pressures of a real job and having to be an "adult" has sapped away a lot of content creators free time over the last couple of months, mine included, and the general malaise real-life F1 finds itself hasn't helped. Hopefully we will be able to get a semi-regular run of articles out in 2019. :)

Barren or not, it's always a hassle to keep track of every reject after they left F1, even if its only those who haven't hung up their helmet for good. Thanks for the article!
RejectWatch Recap 2018 - Part 1
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Part 2 of the RejectWatch Recap 2018 is now up, featuring dangerous levels of Markus Winkelhock. You have been warned!

RejectWatch Recap 2018 - Part 2
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

East Londoner wrote:Part 2 of the RejectWatch Recap 2018 is now up, featuring dangerous levels of Markus Winkelhock. You have been warned!

RejectWatch Recap 2018 - Part 2

There's no such thing as 'dangerous levels' of Markus Winklehock. You can never have enough Markus Winklehock.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Good stuff, it's always fun to read about what the ol' rejects have been up to. I'm most interested by Tarquini winning WTCC at the age of 56! Bloody well done, young man.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

To conclude the trilogy, the final part of the RejectWatch Recap 2018 is now live.

RejectWatch Recap 2018 - Part 3
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Wow, there were a ton more series to cover for this year compared the last 2 installments of RejectWatch. I can only imagine how you found all of this info for the smaller series. Awesome job!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Reading this, I've had an idea for a further article - which would have to be tackled by those far more "in the know", given that there are a few names in bold in that three-part round-up I wouldn't have recognised as F1 Rejects from years past.

Answer this question: who is the most successful Reject?

Is it Gabriele Tarquini, with all the touring car championships he's won since leaving F1, is it Ingo Hoffmann for his continual trouncing of Stock Car Brasil but seemingly no other championship, is it Alex Zanardi for his heroism in a handcycle as well as carrying on driving without any legs, could it be someone completely out of the blue? Decide what metric you're going to use to judge, and crack on.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AJ Foyt - 7-time IndyCar champion, 4-time Indy 500 winner, Daytona 500 winner, Le Mans 24-Hour winner - would be a good shout, I would imagine.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

André Lotterer is the most obvious one of recent years that comes to mind. Otherwise, depending how he does in the next few years, Sébastien Buemi is heading towards greatness in most other series he partakes in.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Probably not number 1 on the list, but Larry Perkins definitely deserves a mention
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.