The 2019 car (and livery) launch thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: The 2019 car (and livery) launch thread

Post by Ataxia »

Wallio wrote:Just what in the hell is Alfa doing with that front wing? Outwash? Or some other bizarre loophole?

Here's our thoughts, got dragged away from Woking (and free bottles of Estrella Galicia and Huski Chocolate) to make sense of it!

https://youtu.be/7D2y57UjOeE
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Ferrari step up.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... rOLnO.html

The "WinNow" logos look a little weird, I think they may be silver, so we'll have to see when the car is on track to see it fully
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Ataxia wrote:
Wallio wrote:Just what in the hell is Alfa doing with that front wing? Outwash? Or some other bizarre loophole?

Here's our thoughts, got dragged away from Woking (and free bottles of Estrella Galicia and Huski Chocolate) to make sense of it!

https://youtu.be/7D2y57UjOeE
Have you read the YouTube comment section? :pantano:

Anyway, great job and very nice insight, interesting to see whether other teams will try out something similar.
Waris

Post by Waris »

So, the Williams livery looks marginally better on the new car: Image

I still think there's too much unpainted carbon though. It's almost halfway up the height of the car in places!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Williams loved it so much at the back last year that they’ve decided to miss the first day of testing to ensure that they stay there:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47270111
Last edited by Faustus on 17 Feb 2019, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:Williams loved it so much at the back last year that they’ve decided to do miss the first day of testing to ensure that they stay there:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47270111

I was disappointed when I saw that. I can only hope it really doesn't affect them as badly as feared.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Actual GP Rejects forum member holding a microphone and being all experty. :deletraz:

But yeah, some cool insights on the new Huski Chocolate Orange Arrows™ there.
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

The Alfa Romeo livery is pretty cool, and makes nice use of the halo. And mentions of Sauber remain on it....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

This is truly pathetic. It's either the result of a crash test failure or incredibly inept planning.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:

This is truly pathetic. It's either the result of a crash test failure or incredibly inept planning.

Nah, it's an attempt to win the Pre-Season Reject of the Year (PSROTY) award. :cry:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:

The rumours circulating at the circuit seemed to imply it was the latter problem, with suggestions that the delays were down to the final design of an unspecified part - seemingly a composite part, possibly some of the suspension members - not being released to the fabrication teams in time.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"