Super Aguri linked to diffusers

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Matt

Super Aguri Lives as Brawn GP

Post by Matt »

I was chatting to a friend about the GP yesterday and she mentioned that the difusser was from Super Aguri and i quote

"What is interesting is that the idea came last year from Super Aguri Racing. When that team shut down, its aerodynamics went to work at Honda where they concentrated on the 2009 car, while the regular aero crew tried to develop the old Honda chassis. One of the aerodynamists went instead to Toyota where a slightyly different system was developed, while it seems that Williams came up with the idea themselves."

Thats from http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21284.html

If true, i look forward to the re-branding of Brawn to Super Brawn Virgin Auguri GP and i think we will all celebrate that day!
Salamander

Re: Super Aguri Lives as Brawn GP

Post by Salamander »

Don't forget that Williams have Toyota engines, though. They could've given the idea to Williams.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Captain Hammer

Re: Super Aguri Lives as Brawn GP

Post by Captain Hammer »

Actually, Brawn lives on as March.

See, in 1970, March was the last team to qualify one-two on debut.

Those cars were entered by one Ken Tyrell.

British American Racing purchased Tyrell after their departure.

Honda became the new owners of British American Racing a few years later.

As we all know, Honda's management bought the team out and it became Brawn Grand Prix, the most recent team to qualify one-two on debut.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
jmolony3

Super Aguri linked to diffusers

Post by jmolony3 »

I think that the really interesting thing is the whole diffuser idea was not one of Brawns, Toyota or Williams but was infact the brainchild of, get this, a Super Aguri aerodynamisist!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21284.html

When Aguri shut down, the Aero team goes to Honda, with one member going to Toyota. Toyota obviously sharing more than just engines aid Williams... Hey presto.

How the Diffuser 3 became the diffuser 3!

Imagine if Super Aguri hadnt pulled out... they would or at least could have been the only team with the diffuser and would have been winning with no competition

I lifted this from another site but with the love of Super Aguri at F1 Rejects i thought it was appropriate.
noisebox

Re: Super Aguri linked to diffusers

Post by noisebox »

jmolony3 wrote:Imagine if Super Aguri hadnt pulled out... they would or at least could have been the only team with the diffuser and would have been winning with no competition

Nice idea, but there's no way Honda would've let that happen - it would've gone on the Honda first without a doubt, then SA would've got it further down the line.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

i bet even Honda would have joined in to get the diffusers banned if SUPER AGURI had them.....
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Super Aguri and Takuma Sato WCC and WDC? Sadly only in my dream, but imagine if SAF1 won the first two races of 2009. Would they no longer be our favorite team since they are in essence a front running team? Or would their small team status continue to endear them to us F1Rejectees?
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

LionZoo wrote:Super Aguri and Takuma Sato WCC and WDC? Sadly only in my dream, but imagine if SAF1 won the first two races of 2009. Would they no longer be our favorite team since they are in essence a front running team? Or would their small team status continue to endear them to us F1Rejectees?

Super Aguri could run over my dog while setting fire to my house and I'd still have loved them :D
Making up the numbers
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

if Super Auri won the WCC then we would have to not like them as much cause they they wouldnt b a reject team! :P
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"