Rich Energy Drops Haas

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Rich Energy Drops Haas

Post by Wallio »

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 1686370304

This is the most insane tweet I've ever read. A fake company dropping an F1 sponsor they may not (allegedly) even be paying. God almighty Haas is a joke. Hopefully they at least ditch the stolen JPS livery after Silverstone.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Re: Rich Energy Drops Haas

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Wallio wrote:https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/1148994221686370304

This is the most insane tweet I've ever read. A fake company dropping an F1 sponsor they may not (allegedly) even be paying. God almighty Haas is a joke. Hopefully they at least ditch the stolen JPS livery after Silverstone.

Holy moly. Is this what the ancients called "Silly Season"?
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
F1 Livery Histories

Post by F1 Livery Histories »

Haas are more than a competent team. They deserve better than this. Good riddance to bad rubbish IMO. No need for them to have a sponsor that is hell-bent on beating their rival product on track. After all, RBR has at least triple the available budget Haas does.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

I still have so many questions about Rich Energy... how were they expecting to beat the factory Red Bull Honda team with a small Ferrari B(and now frankly C)-team?

Has anyone actually ever seen a can in the wild anywhere?

Anyway what an embarrassment it was for Formula 1 to have this brand around :facepalm:
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I can't wait for the F1colours article on this one :deletraz:
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Looks like Williams dodged a bullet when they lost the Rich Energy deal last year.

This whole business is ridiculous but strangely reminiscent of Formula 1 in the old days.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Crazy Dave Coulthard wrote:Och aye the noo (redacted)! Crazy D comin' atchta wit' da wickedywack flava o' Red Bull. Tastes like you is drinkin' it outta me homie Danny Ric's racin' boot, even if you isn't! Innit. But how Crazy D roll though, him be open ta tryin' otha flavas. An' da flava o' Rich Energy is... actually, me don't know. Me otha homies Kev an' Ro, they say they ain't neva seen no can o' Rich Energy in da crib, an' it totally don't exist, like da mustard-yellow jumpa dat me nan has totally not knitted for Crazy D's 18th birfday. Meanwhile, remember to tune in to Channel 4 on the weekend for brief for more witty banter about Haas and their wandering ex-sponsors and irrelevant highlights of qualifying and the race at Silverstone.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14470 ... -haas-deal

Is it finished or not? Can't they make up their minds?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14471 ... british-gp

Haas keeping Rich livery for the British GP.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motorspo ... onsorship/

My deepest apologies for linking to an article in The Sun, but there is a great quote in there:

William Storey wrote:“Haas [are] nice people but the car is going backwards.

“We are a superior product to Red Bull.

“A milkfloat at back of grid a disaster for us. End of.”
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Steiner has come out and said they still are the title sponsor, but I'm guessing its like when one spouse leaves, you are LEGALLY still married but that's it.

And following up on Faustus' questionable website binge fellow cesspool Reddit had a link up to a Dutch site claiming that Rich has pulled out due to Haas actually wanting to you know, be paid.

While this makes it so bloody hard to be a Haas fan, it is all properly rejectful.

EDIT: As much as I despised Tina Fey, to quote her here: "He's going Rogue!" https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14472 ... hind-tweet

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
mario

Post by mario »

Wallio wrote:Steiner has come out and said they still are the title sponsor, but I'm guessing its like when one spouse leaves, you are LEGALLY still married but that's it.

And following up on Faustus' questionable website binge fellow cesspool Reddit had a link up to a Dutch site claiming that Rich has pulled out due to Haas actually wanting to you know, be paid.

While this makes it so bloody hard to be a Haas fan, it is all properly rejectful.

EDIT: As much as I despised Tina Fey, to quote her here: "He's going Rogue!" https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14472 ... hind-tweet

It makes it sound as if perhaps Storey has finally made one rogue statement too many and the other shareholders are now pushing him off the board and out of the way - when they say they are "in the process of legally removing the individual from all executive responsibilities", and when it seems that Storey is the one who controls most of their social media accounts, it rather points towards him being the one being "relieved of his duties". It's all very bizarre, and by the sounds of things we could well have yet more twists and turns in this story over the next day or so.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And what is Rich Energy doing? :deletraz:

Seriously, what on earth is going on? The sponsor's pulling out, but they're not, but the boss says so, but the boss is getting fired, but the car is racing with the Rich livery, but it's not racing with the Rich livery.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Definitely Haas should be so lucky... :deletraz:
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
mario

Post by mario »

Rob Dylan wrote:And what is Rich Energy doing? :deletraz:

Seriously, what on earth is going on? The sponsor's pulling out, but they're not, but the boss says so, but the boss is getting fired, but the car is racing with the Rich livery, but it's not racing with the Rich livery.

And now Storey has fired out a response stating that the statement from the shareholders disassociating themselves with him were "ludicrous" and "by minority shareholders cosy with Red Bull & Whyte Bikes", as well as claiming the the "attempted coup" against him has failed and that he still has the support of the other shareholders. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich ... t/4492868/

It's just getting more and more bizarre as it sounds as if Storey is well and truly going off the rails here...
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

mario wrote:
Rob Dylan wrote:And what is Rich Energy doing? :deletraz:

And now Storey has fired out a response stating that the statement from the shareholders disassociating themselves with him were "ludicrous" and "by minority shareholders cosy with Red Bull & Whyte Bikes", as well as claiming the the "attempted coup" against him has failed and that he still has the support of the other shareholders. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rich ... t/4492868/

It's just getting more and more bizarre as it sounds as if Storey is well and truly going off the rails here...

I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Rich Energy for Reject of the Year.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Grosjean helping the team out by removing the Rich Energy logos from the wing in FP1 there....

In all seriousness, it looks as though the logos will be gone by next race either way, as Whyte Bikes is seeking to have Rich Energy wound up because, surprise surprise, they have not received one penny of their judgement yet.

yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Faustus wrote:I would like to take this opportunity to nominate Rich Energy for Reject of the Year.

I'll second that.

I had been wondering if my aversion to the appearance of Mr Storey was preventing me from reaching a fair appraisal of him . But now I think I have evidence that my judgment was essentially sound .
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 07200?s=19

Haas has retained a law firm and sent a letter to Rich saying if they can prove Mr Storey is 100% removed and that Whyte Bikes is 100% paid and winding up procedures are stopped, they will continue on with Rich Energy as a sponsor. However, the letter also doubts the shareholders ability to oust Storey.

This is interesting. It explains why Haas is still acting like Rich is the sponsor and still has the logo on the car. This way, the team cannot be claimed to have breached the contract, only the company can.

Personally? I think Storey = Don Pentacost

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Wallio wrote:Personally? I think Storey = Don Pentacost

Or, possibly, this decade's Jean-Pierre van Rossem.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

dinizintheoven wrote:

You maybe on to something there, as according to this I personally have more money in the bank then Rich Energy.
https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... gy-limited

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:

I was waiting to see these names crop up particularly our dear Donny P.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dinizintheoven wrote:

At least Moneytron was widely available for every customer. (probably not a good thing though)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I’ll be ringing Whyte Bikes at 09:00 on the 16th of July (this tuesday) to enquire if the empty 90 million cans of Rich Energy have been delivered, as per the court order.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:I’ll be ringing Whyte Bikes at 09:00 on the 16th of July (this tuesday) to enquire if the empty 90 million cans of Rich Energy have been delivered, as per the court order.

If I were Whyte Bikes, I wouldn't accept that at payment. Imagine how much it would cost to dispose of that. Cause nobody gonna be able to shift that lot for profit. Are they?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:I’ll be ringing Whyte Bikes at 09:00 on the 16th of July (this tuesday) to enquire if the empty 90 million cans of Rich Energy have been delivered, as per the court order.

If I were Whyte Bikes, I wouldn't accept that at payment. Imagine how much it would cost to dispose of that. Cause nobody gonna be able to shift that lot for profit. Are they?

Given the cans supposedly haven't actually been filled with anything, I suppose that they might at least have some value as scrap metal - it's about the only thing they're probably going to be worth anything for now.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

The plot chickens.

Now Haas claims that Rich Energy is in breach of the sponsorship agreement between the two and wants damages. Apparently the deal was for 4 seasons, without performance clauses. Haas wants £35 million pounds within 2 weeks.

https://jalopnik.com/looks-like-haas-f1 ... 1836358665

Whyte Bikes hasn't been paid an amount that it was expecting as a result of the court order.

This is great!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I can't find a contact number for Whyte Bikes so I've tweeted at them twice. Still no reply.
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:The plot chickens.

Now Haas claims that Rich Energy is in breach of the sponsorship agreement between the two and wants damages. Apparently the deal was for 4 seasons, without performance clauses. Haas wants £35 million pounds within 2 weeks.

https://jalopnik.com/looks-like-haas-f1 ... 1836358665

Whyte Bikes hasn't been paid an amount that it was expecting as a result of the court order.

This is great!

Well, if Whyte Bikes couldn't get £35,000 out of Rich Energy for their court case, how Haas expect to get £35 million out of them is anybody's guess.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09791667

William Storey (probably) wrote:"We won't have to pay anything, as those debts were with Rich Energy. We're now Lighting Volt Energy!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA So yeah, we're free and clear"

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Waris

Post by Waris »

Faustus wrote:Autosport has it as well:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14484 ... anges-name

I told you from the start that "Andrea Moda-like circumstances" were going on at Haas.

But what does this mean? Are they going to continue their deal with the company next year, and will they ever get paid?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Hurrah! The wonderful Rich Energy-ness may not be over yet:

https://formulaspy.com/f1/william-store ... ergy-63939

William Storey is the majority shareholder of Rich Energy again.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-to-s ... -at-monza/
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Faustus wrote:Hurrah! The wonderful Rich Energy-ness may not be over yet:

Clearly that whole ordeal wasn't a publicity stunt. Clearly.

Dear god, how are Haas associated with clown-mockery of a sponsor :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Miguel98 wrote:
Faustus wrote:Hurrah! The wonderful Rich Energy-ness may not be over yet:

Clearly that whole ordeal wasn't a publicity stunt. Clearly.

Dear god, how are Haas associated with clown-mockery of a sponsor :facepalm:

I mean, I'm as big a Haas fan as anyone, both in NASCAR and F1, but Gene is as crooked as they come, so it kind of makes sense.

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Boooo, the saga is over:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14588 ... inate-deal

Still ROTY for me.
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

:deletraz: They're blaming each other for it? Wow, that's Rich.
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

The fact that they insist on keeping that horrible livery is the real travesty here.

mario

Post by mario »

Wallio wrote:The fact that they insist on keeping that horrible livery is the real travesty here.

If a team wants to make a significant change to their livery during the season, they need to obtain permission from the Formula One Commission - that would be the first hurdle that the team has to get past, and making that application will probably take some time (particularly since, in order to replace the livery, they've got to come up with a new design in the first place).

Equally, on a more practical level, Haas have probably already started shipping equipment off over to Singapore before the split was announced, and Singapore is being run back to back with the Russian GP. Right now, they might simply not have the opportunity to repaint the cars with a new livery even if they wanted to, and might see it as more hassle than it is worth right now.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Take your logic and go to bed Mario! :D