Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - USA

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race candidate!

Alexander Albon
13%
Lando Norris
27%
Sergio Pérez
53%
Valtteri Bottas
7%

Total votes: 15

Londoner

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - USA

Post by Londoner »

1. Sergio Perez. Fighting drive to the points.

2. Lando Norris. As I've been saying since 2014, put this kid in a top car and he will win you championships.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Meatwad

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - USA

Post by Meatwad »

I was going to nominate Albon, but Pérez's point was indeed more impressive (even if it came after a penalty). Albon gets the honorable mention. :)
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1- Perez. Another Top drive. He has had a great couple of weeks

2- Albon. even though he had to 3 stop he still came 5th. And has now got the magic 6th place in the championship order. Not bad at all.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Pérez - pit lane to a quite good result
2. Albon - pit lane to a quite good result in a different way
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Perez for reasons above
2. Norris for having the best weekend of his career so far. Things will only get better for him.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
James1978

Post by James1978 »

No nominations for Bottas then? I'm stunned. He gets my vote - he just needs to do that more often!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Yeah, I'm going to nominate Bottas too. Essentially a flawless drive, after an unexpected pole position.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Albon - From stone dead last at one point to P5. He really has been the better RBR driver since his debut and kept his frankly insane Top-6 streak going. I honestly believe if he had been up in the A-squad from race 1 that Red Bull would be taking the fight to Ferrari for 2nd in the WCC.

IMSA's Social Media Person - For posting the hilarious video of sports cars getting airborne over "proper bumps" (their words) that they posted mid Grand Prix.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This one's easy to do, four main candidates being suggested, so here they all are for your voting pleasure. You have 48 hours :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

A zero to hero drive means that Sergio Pérez wins another IIDOTR award this year, two races running! A pit lane start, he ended up in the points, and not without some serious on-track action. I counted two collisions, the latter of which actually propelled him into the points when Kvyat got cocky at the very end. But good racing again, and a deserved point.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!