Sir Stirling Moss 1929-2020

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Sir Stirling Moss 1929-2020

Post by Londoner »

I knew this day was coming for a while, but I always wanted it to be later. Godspeed Stirling
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Sir Stirling Moss 1929-2020

Post by Enforcer »

In a way I suppose we were lucky to have him as long as we did. He could've easily bought it in 1962.

RIP.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Legend. Gentleman. Sportsman in every sense of the word. Possibly the last man allowed to use the word 'crumpet' without censure. RIP Sir.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Indeed, I would toast some crumpets in his honour if I had any, which I don't. But I may open a bottle of home-brew cider instead, of the three I have left. And as has been mentioned, 90 isn't a bad innings given he could have been killed 58 years ago - which is more than some people get to live without any involvement in motor racing - and he even survived that incident falling down a lift shaft when he was well into his 80s, which would have finished off a lot of people his age.

En þeir með riki fara.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:, 90 isn't a bad innings given he could have been killed 58 years ago - which is more than some people get to live without any involvement in motor racing

True. My mum died a year ago today, aged just 60.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

It’s really sad to hear such a legend passing, best driver to never win a championship, could’ve done it one year but was too gentlemanly to win on a technicality.

R.I.P Sir Stirling
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong