ROTR - rest of 2020

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bleu

ROTR - rest of 2020

Post by Bleu »

Well, obviously with the forum down we couldn't vote for them after each race. I decided to look back and inform my selections for the races. Others can contribute with their opinions too.

Styria - I think Leclerc for taking himself and team-mate out on the first lap
Hungary - Latifi had really messy race, finishing five laps down and almost four laps behind Russell
Britain - Grosjean made some dangerous moves while defending.
70th Anniversary - Haas ran out of tyres in Magnussen's car. That doesn't happen too often.
Spain - Leclerc drove two laps with seatbelts open and went unpunished. I would give it to the stewards for that.
Belgium - Ferrari was really at their worst, even beaten by Räikkönen's Alfa Romeo.
Italy - I give it for Hamilton and Giovinazzi for breaking the closed pit lane rule.
Tuscany - The pile-up was the major talking point so I give it to everyone who contributed in it.
Russia - Sainz's first lap incident was idiotic.
Eifel - One of many Albon's shameful events, including the collision with Kvyat.
Portugal - Stroll had a clash with Norris and otherwise difficult race too.
Emilia-Romagna - Russell blew his chance to score points behind safety car.
Turkey - Everything went wrong for Bottas here.
Bahrain - Perez was robbed of podium late, so this goes to Racing Point.
Sakhir - Mercedes pit crew is an obvious choice here, robbing an easy-looking 1-2 during the safety car.
Abu Dhabi - Ferrari blew the tactics badly for not pitting under the safety car.
rachel1990

Re: ROTR - rest of 2020

Post by rachel1990 »

These were mine- Slightly controversial here

Styria - Went for LeClerc too. I mean he did take himself and his teammate out of the race...
Hungary- odd choice here- False weather reports- Kept hearing about the rain and there was nothing!!
Britan- Controversial choice here- All the Teams on the grid- Decided to ignore Pirelli about the durability of the Medium tyre and then complain about it- this isn't 2013 people!!
70th Anniversary Mercedes- Hot Weather and Softer tyres. Mercedes doesn't like that
Spain Originally went for Bottas but I have changed my mind to the Stewards for allowing Leclerc to race at speed with his seatbelts off.
Belgium- Antonio Giovinazzi - an awful mistake which could have cost him his f1 Carrer if other factors had not come in...
Italy- Lewis Hamilton- Giovinazzi made the same mistake as well but he 1- isn't a 7 times world champion and 2- accepted his punishment without storming up to the steward's office on that scooter. He passed two signs saying the pitlane was closed. I don't care what the team told him. Like China 2007 and Canada 2008 (which this race had shades of) look around and take the decision.
Tuscan- Pierre Gasly- went from hero to zero in one weekend.
Russia again I have changed my mind. Originally I went for Hamilton and decided to see how far he could push the rules but in reflection, I decided to go with Sainz for making such a simple mistake
Eifel - no contest this one- Albon. For me he had such a bad day, caused two flat-spots on his tires, was out-qualified by a Ferrari, got a 5-second penalty and was retired by the team with 'power unit' issues which made me very suspicious.
Portugal Strollfor such a bad move on Norris
Imola- George Russell- well he did crash under the safety car. IN THE POINTS.
Turkey- Valtteri Bottas- lapped by his teammate and spun more time than Kylie did in hotpants. The day from hell for the Finn.
Bahrain- at the time I couldn't think of one as I needed to get my head together, but I suppose I would go for Segio Perez's Engine which cost him a podium.
Sakhir - (I'm going to put down what I wrote at the time as I was beyond angry)-

******* MERCEDES

WHO WAS MAKING THE CALLS AT MERCEDES! ******* BRAINLESS IDIOTS!!!! SIMPLY FURIOUS. PITTING WAS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST DECISIONS I HAVE SEEN FOR YEARS IN F1 I bet it was Lewis on the phone who said to Toto pit them now (joke Obvs)

Abu Dhabi- Ferrari- made to look like idiots today (what's new) Didn't pit under the VSC and guess what. everyone else did. and made the tyres last. Ferrari got more coverage than everyone else due to the fact that they were the only ones being overtaken.

That's my call on the 2020 season
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject