Sir Frank Williams 1942-2021

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dinizintheoven

Sir Frank Williams 1942-2021

Post by dinizintheoven »

2021 is steadily ripping away people who have had a significant impact on the 42 years of my life. First, "Honorary Sir" Murray Walker. Then, Sir Clive Sinclair. And now, another big one.

The day we all knew was going to come, has come.

Is there anyone here who needs this explaining any further? Thought not.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Re: Sir Frank Williams 1942-2021

Post by Rob Dylan »

That's going to take me a while to process. Rest in peace.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It was Mansell and Hill racing for Williams that got me into the sport back in the day, nearly 30 years ago.

Rest in peace, Sir Frank.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

It's very sad he's gone but he's leaving a racing legacy up there with Chapman, Ferrari et al. What he and Patrick Head achieved will not be forgotten.
Just For One Day...