The End of David Coulthard's Championship Dreams

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

The End of David Coulthard's Championship Dreams

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone

This month we published our very first Gravel Trap two-parter, where Klon took a deep dive into David Coulthard's 2001 title challenge, pondering how exactly did our favourite Scotsman go from being 4 points off the lead after six races to a whopping 58 points behind Michael Schumacher at season's close. Catch both parts right here!

The End of David Coulthard's Championship Dreams Part 1

The End of David Coulthard's Championship Dreams Part 2
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bleu

Re: The End of David Coulthard's Championship Dreams

Post by Bleu »

There's a small mistake regarding Nürburgring race. Schumacher was aware that his T-car had some problems and went for a shakedown - with car stopping on track. He then took his race car and won.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Thanks - I enjoyed that trip down memory lane .
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

Seems to have indirectly predicted Charles Leclerc's 2022.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I always wonder what went wrong with Hakkinen in 2001. I mean he proved he still had it at Barcelona, Silverstone and Indy but so many times he was nowhere. I mean Nurburgring he was only like a second ahead of Irvine's Jag at the end!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

James1978 wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 06:44 I always wonder what went wrong with Hakkinen in 2001. I mean he proved he still had it at Barcelona, Silverstone and Indy but so many times he was nowhere. I mean Nurburgring he was only like a second ahead of Irvine's Jag at the end!!
Three years of fighting for the title most likely took its toll on Mika plus he had that big accident in Melbourne.