Opinion Piece - The Show

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Opinion Piece - The Show

Post by Londoner »

Evening everyone :)

Unless you've been living with wi-fi powered by a Life W12 engine on a remote island off the west coast of Scotland, you're probably quite aware of the events surrounding the end of last week's F1 decider at Yas Marina. Our own Aislabie was rendered speechless and enraged by what he witnessed during the last five laps, and once he regained the power of speech, he's responded in the only correct way; by letting it all out in a GPR article! Catch his thoughts on the 2021 Abby Dabby GP right here!

Did you catch the season finale of The Show?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
noiceinmydrink

Re: Opinion Piece - The Show

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Excellent. The kind of tongue in cheek sarky goodness I love from this site. Great work Aislabie!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This is really an eye-rolling cringefest, even if you think Merc got hosed, which I do. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Wallio wrote:This is really an eye-rolling cringefest, even if you think Merc got hosed, which I do.

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Yep, that was well written. I think we should all shoulder some responsibility for the way things are though..

First they came for the one hour qualifying sessions on both Friday and Saturday, but I did nothing,
Then, they took away the long straights of Hockenheim, but I did nothing,
Then, they came for Jonathon Legard but to be honest I was OK with that one,
Then, they came for the noisy V8s, but I did nothing,
Then, they put F1 behind a paywall in the UK and there was no reason to fork out all that cash for an F1 I didn't recognise.
Just For One Day...