Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eagleash

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by eagleash »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
eagleash wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
... which is why I like your opinion on stuff, you remember thing we only read about.

Remind me? What was it you wanted to borrow? :)

Remember that Honda 100?... :roll:

The CD125 TC Benly?......

Er...I do....
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Walsh_e

Post by Walsh_e »

Hi all, stumbled upon the F1rejects website a few months ago and have been a big fan ever since, finally decided to join the forum.

I hail from the fine peninsula that is Wirral in the UK, am a big formula one fan and have always followed the underdogs, favourite team for many years was Minardi! I'm a big Mark Webber fan as well as any other driver who isn't Alonso or Schumacher!
I'm proud to live in the best hemisphere, the British hemisphere!

"So it was Lauda Vs de Cesaris, de Cesaris had the advantage of youth, Lauda had the advantage of experience, some said he had the advantage of brains" - Clive James
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Walsh_e wrote:Hi all, stumbled upon the F1rejects website a few months ago and have been a big fan ever since, finally decided to join the forum.

I hail from the fine peninsula that is Wirral in the UK, am a big formula one fan and have always followed the underdogs, favourite team for many years was Minardi! I'm a big Mark Webber fan as well as any other driver who isn't Alonso or Schumacher!

Hello!

Hope you enjoy contributing ;)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Hi, all, I'm new too. I'm from the east of the UK, and live with half an hour of Snetterton racetrack. My dad used to work for Lotus
back when Fittipaldi won the championship, so you could say I've always had an interest in F1. The first season I can remember
was 1980, when a certain Aussie won the title and I think I've seen pretty much every race in full since then.

I am now in the process of raising the next generation of F1 fans, well, one son and one daughter, my son is very nearly 4 and
enjoys watching it on the TV. He has taken to shouting "Come on Rubens" whenever Mr Barichello appears on screen and knows
to boo Schumacher!

For the record I am a McLaren fan, used to be Lotus but moved to McLaren when Senna did. I still support my 'local' (ahem Malaysian)
Team Lotus too and had a great day at the recent Lotus Festival at Snetterton, more details of which I can provided if anyone's interested ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

madmark1974 wrote:I am now in the process of raising the next generation of F1 fans, well, one son and one daughter, my son is very nearly 4 and
enjoys watching it on the TV. He has taken to shouting "Come on Rubens" whenever Mr Barichello appears on screen and knows
to boo Schumacher!

That's proper child rearing, right there. Welcome aboard!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Racer from Damogran

Post by Racer from Damogran »

Hello

Another Québécois joining the fray, been a fan of F1 since the days of Gilles Villeneuve when I was a kid and on and off from there on. Followed F1 with much more attention through the following years, namely the golden age of rejects nineties. I've given the odd addition or email over the years, been listening to the podcasts for 3 years now, and decided why not hop on the Forum and have a few words!

Yes, all things H2G2 will likely get My attention, to a maniacal level. :ugeek:

Used to be a fan of Mika Hakkinen when at McLaren, nowadays I am a little more laidback, but have faith in Vettel becoming someone sooner than later, and I have a soft spot for Fernando Alonso when it comes to exciting driving.
--
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.
-D. Adams
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Welcome! Emotions are running with regards to Vettel lately, so I reckon we can definitely use a fan of Sebastien's. :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

Racer from Damogran wrote:Hello

Another Québécois joining the fray, been a fan of F1 since the days of Gilles Villeneuve when I was a kid and on and off from there on. Followed F1 with much more attention through the following years, namely the golden age of rejects nineties. I've given the odd addition or email over the years, been listening to the podcasts for 3 years now, and decided why not hop on the Forum and have a few words!

Yes, all things H2G2 will likely get My attention, to a maniacal level. :ugeek:

Used to be a fan of Mika Hakkinen when at McLaren, nowadays I am a little more laidback, but have faith in Vettel becoming someone sooner than later, and I have a soft spot for Fernando Alonso when it comes to exciting driving.

Bonjour! I like Québec and the Villeneuve family very very much. :3
Would you mind explaining what H2G2 is?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Waris wrote:Would you mind explaining what H2G2 is?

I reckon it's Douglas Adams' book, HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Or a wishbone for a 1986 Corvette. Either.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

Judging by the sig of our new member I reckon it's the former ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Racer from Damogran

Post by Racer from Damogran »

AndreaModa wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

Judging by the sig of our new member I reckon it's the former ;)

Ah yes, ultimate nerdiness I display, shamelessly at that! Seriously, I love The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the book, not the movie abomination.) it has a degree of humor that really speaks to Me.

--
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.
-D. Adams
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Racer from Damogran wrote:Ah yes, ultimate nerdiness I display, shamelessly at that! Seriously, I love The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the book, not the movie abomination.) it has a degree of humor that really speaks to Me.

Yay! Another douglas Adams fan!
By the way, the 7th book, written by Eoin Colfer, 'And Another Thing...' is awful and should be avoided at all costs.
I find that there are aspects of the film that are good but overall it was a disappointment.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

The movie wasn't that bad, Better than the TV series at least, but you cannot beat the Radio series :P
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Hello!

After years of reading F1 Rejects (think I've started in early 2001) now I've decided to register on the forum (man, F1R came a long way during those 9 years ;) ), so here I am.

I'm a devoted open-wheel fan with F1 and CART (yeah, IndyCar Series now) always on top of my list. My personal favs over the years were Williams, Lotus and Penske among the teams and the likes of Mario, Senna, Montoya and de Ferran among the masters of wheel. Right now I'm rooting for Hamilton and Castroneves.

But since we're talking about rejects I can't overlook the absolute masters of rear end of the grid and must say that some of CART experts would put Claudio Langes in shade (Dennis Vitolo, Charlie Nearburg or the nemesis of them all, Dr Jack Miller). One honourable mention to the forever reigning "King" - Hiro Matsushita.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Wiliams fans, always nice people. :D Welcome!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Welcome! Me, Carlos and Wizzie will especially welcome you if you're a Williams fan.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Thx guys :) Allthough I have to admit the current Williams line-up is the worst in years (I'm one of the very few who wants Barrichello hanging up his helmet already) and Hulkenberg is having a very quiet season, nothing like the heroics Kobayashi is doing. But I guess I'll have to stick with it for the moment and look for better days ahead...
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Vassago wrote:Thx guys :) Allthough I have to admit the current Williams line-up is the worst in years (I'm one of the very few who wants Barrichello hanging up his helmet already) and Hulkenberg is having a very quiet season, nothing like the heroics Kobayashi is doing. But I guess I'll have to stick with it for the moment and look for better days ahead...

Barrichello won't retire if he doesn't have to, plus he has been very solid this season. In my opinion, he will be a contender for the Hang Up The Keys award in a couple of years time.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Rocks with Salt

Post by Rocks with Salt »

Hey all,

I'm one of those members of the new F1 generation, being raised to love it by my dad, but after prowling the forums for a while, I'm starting to think I have it all wrong (It doesn't help that he thinks that there is some sort of British conspiracy in F1, even though he said there was an Italian one several years back)! My entire life, I personally have been an underdog-person, so I can't help but lean toward Barrichello, Kobayashi, and Force India as the season continues. At the same time, I can't help but have contempt for Hamilton (His personality is an exact match of someone I know of and look down on); I just think that something's not right when he can wreck out in practice time and time again and still win the actual race, even when he makes mistakes. My verdict? He's a robot. There's no other explanation.

Anyway...

My biggest concern is that, since I have only been watching F1 for only a few years, I don't have a lot of knowledge on, well, anything, and I'm afraid that if I make a comment I'll be ripped to shreds by veteran members. I sincerely hope this isn't the case!
...in bed.

1998 Monaco GP wrote:Murray Walker: A lot of people here are really debating if Riccardo Rosset is Formula 1 material.
Martin Brundle: Well, that's a fairly short debate, Murray.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Rocks with Salt wrote:My biggest concern is that, since I have only been watching F1 for only a few years, I don't have a lot of knowledge on, well, anything, and I'm afraid that if I make a comment I'll be ripped to shreds by veteran members. I sincerely hope this isn't the case!

You can be perfectly at ease with that, my friend. The worse that can happen here is we go completely off-topic. The fact we're all interested in what happens on the bottom side of the grid means everyone's really relaxed.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Rocks with Salt wrote:My biggest concern is that, since I have only been watching F1 for only a few years, I don't have a lot of knowledge on, well, anything, and I'm afraid that if I make a comment I'll be ripped to shreds by veteran members. I sincerely hope this isn't the case!

You don't have to worry about anyone ripping you to shreds here. Everyone here is relatively nice and well-behaved. You may be corrected here and there (It happens to me here and there, even.), but hopefully you'll learn what is right in a good way.

Also, Mario is an absolute wealth of information on everything.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

thehemogoblin wrote:

You don't have to worry about anyone ripping you to shreds here. Everyone here is relatively nice and well-behaved. You may be corrected here and there (It happens to me here and there, even.), but hopefully you'll learn what is right in a good way.

Also, Mario is an absolute wealth of information on everything.

Including cooking, 1990's vintage BMWs and 13th Century Chinese poetry. Possibly.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Sauber010

Post by Sauber010 »

Hi guys,
Liam from Australia. :)
Been following F1 for a few years, and a keen Listener and Viewer. Decided to take the leap and have a chat!

Race an open wheeler in my region and love getting in on the F1 goss. :P

Play nice, PLEASE! ;)
Full time reader, Part time responder.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Sauber010 wrote:Hi guys,
Liam from Australia. :)
Been following F1 for a few years, and a keen Listener and Viewer. Decided to take the leap and have a chat!

Race an open wheeler in my region and love getting in on the F1 goss. :P

Play nice, PLEASE! ;)

Oh, everyone is nice around here. Welcome aboard.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

thehemogoblin wrote:
You may be corrected here and there but hopefully you'll learn what is right in a good way.

Tell me :lol:
bighaydo

Post by bighaydo »

Hey everyone... apols for the late 'check in'. I've been around this site for a while now, and having seen the Paul Stoddart memorial forum I did as the Romans (Australians) do and started throwing my opinions around whether people liked it or not!

I'm Hayden, from the NSW Central Coast of Australia. I've been following F1 since late '95 and haven't missed a race on TV since (save for going to the last 6 Australian GPs in Melbourne). I've been fascinated with F1 for a long time now and it seems like you can never know everything about this sport!

I've been flying the Aussie flag for Webber (of course) but having followed F1 prior to 2002 have also been a big fan of Rubens Barrichello... which seeing that these guys are now the elder statesman of F1 is beginning to make me feel kinda old.

I love that I stumbled on this site because it's always more fun to support the underdog!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

bighaydo wrote:Hey everyone... apols for the late 'check in'. I've been around this site for a while now, and having seen the Paul Stoddart memorial forum I did as the Romans (Australians) do and started throwing my opinions around whether people liked it or not!

I'm Hayden, from the NSW Central Coast of Australia. I've been following F1 since late '95 and haven't missed a race on TV since (save for going to the last 6 Australian GPs in Melbourne). I've been fascinated with F1 for a long time now and it seems like you can never know everything about this sport!

I've been flying the Aussie flag for Webber (of course) but having followed F1 prior to 2002 have also been a big fan of Rubens Barrichello... which seeing that these guys are now the elder statesman of F1 is beginning to make me feel kinda old.

I love that I stumbled on this site because it's always more fun to support the underdog!

Well welcome - but you've been around for ages! :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

I haven't seen this thread before, so a few things can be known now about me, anyway:

My name is David and I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I watch F1 races since 1998 Monaco, but thanks to older videos and statistics I know something about older ages.

I usually support medium-ranked and reject drivers. (coming from my father, I suppose, he was a Minardi-fan, he especially liked Mazzacane for some reason :) ) My favourite driver is Nick Heidfeld - and my name can be spelled wrong, as it was shown according to wikipedia, I had seen it this way before. :) This is also my name in racing game with friends, where as a true Heidfeld-fan I have several podium finishes but no wins so far. :)
Peter

Post by Peter »

Greetings from GTPlanet. It's a Gran Turismo fansite, I know, but there is an F1 forum there, where I spend a good amount of time. Come here whenever there isn't so active. Decided to make an account and start posting. Good community here, I have to say. I'm 13 by the way.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Welcome to the forum Peter! Don't worry, no one will harm you here, unless you bash HWNSNBM, or unfortunatley mention his real name.

By the way, don't feel young, Jeroen Krautmeir's 11.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

tommykl wrote:Welcome to the forum Peter! Don't worry, no one will harm you here, unless you bash HWNSNBM, or unfortunatley mention his real name.

By the way, don't feel young, Jeroen Krautmeir's 11.

I turned 12 on the 28th of October. ;)

EDIT: Seems I haven't introduced myself here yet. Perhaps I'll get to it one day, or not. Bah.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

My bad. Failed to notice the new sig. :oops:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Jeroen Krautmeir

tommykl wrote:My bad. Failed to notice the new sig. :oops:

Very new, I changed it after I posted the previous message. I'm a terrible bugger. :P

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

So it's not my fault, then?

Jeroen Krautmeir

No, obviously not. :)

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:No, obviously not. :)

Need to add "in a language that's not their mother tongue" to the end. You write better English than me. :oops:
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Jeroen Krautmeir

watka wrote:

Need to add "in a language that's not their mother tongue" to the end. You write better English than me. :oops:

Rubbish! I'm the intellectual midget! And I shouldn't add that line, not only would it be filling up sig space, but it'd just make me look like an arrogant jerk. :roll:

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:
watka wrote:

Rubbish! I'm the intellectual midget! And I shouldn't add that line, not only would it be filling up sig space, but it'd just make me look like an arrogant jerk. :roll:

An arrogant jerk eh? You'ld make a perfect Nelson Piquet Jr Impersonator :lol:
Or the second driver at MRT once I buy out JLD in the F1RWS...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
PLAYLIFE

Post by PLAYLIFE »

Been a while since I've been on here, not sure if I ever posted though. Have been listening to this podcast for quite a while, and the guys gave me a shout out once because I had met and sat in Jean-Denis Deletraz's Larrousse in 1994 Adelaide!

So, I'm from Melbourne and have been following F1 since I can remember. The first race I attended was the 1982 Germany Grand Prix which saw my beloved Ferrari #27 take the win - unfortunately it was the same weekend Didier Pironi had his career ending crash.

I've been to almost 30 Grand Prix, every Australian race since 1987, plus Hockenheim in Germany, a few in Belgium at Spa-Francorchamps and more recently Sepang in Malaysia. Planning on Montreal next year.
1977-1982
Gli Anni Della Febbre
Gilles Villeneuve
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

i am not a new member, but I am posting to say that I am not dead, just been busy with work and here seems to be the best place to do this.

Will be updating several of my threads over the next few weeks too....
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes