Fantasy Racers, a serious proposal

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
HawkAussie

Re: Fantasy Racers, a serious proposal

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Brazilian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 853 points
IIDOTR: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - Not only was the top scorer but is now the leader by only 5 points heading into Abu Dhabi

Top 3 Overall:
1. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 13218 (106th)
2. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 13213 (113th)
3. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 13046 (281st)

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Fondmetal Team Malaysia (watka) - 430 points
ROTR: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) / Restov Racing (takagi_for_the_win) - For both having the same score and that being terrible

Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 8083
22. Peak Motorsport (V8fan12) - 8386
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 8500

League Ranking: 11th out of 1683
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

HawkAussie wrote:Fantasy Racers 2014: Brazilian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 853 points
IIDOTR: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - Not only was the top scorer but is now the leader by only 5 points heading into Abu Dhabi

Top 3 Overall:
1. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 13218 (106th)
2. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 13213 (113th)
3. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 13046 (281st)

My first season in this, and my first time in the overall league lead, I believe. Just hoping and praying that this carries forward for just one more fortnight... (And Abu Dhabi will NOT be double-points in this! :D ).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Abu Dhabi GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 761 points
IIDOTR: Blue Goat Racing (More_Blue_Flags) - A brilliant way to end the year with a score of over 700

Top 3 Overall:
1. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 13979 (107th)
2. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 13964 (126th)
3. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 13700 (288th)

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Peak Motorsport (V8fan12) - 216 points
ROTR: Peak Motorsport (V8fan12) - How the heck did he came last when I was in the box seat to take the spoon

Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Peak Motorsport (V8fan12) - 8602
22. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 8631
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 9030

League Ranking: 11th out of 1683

The final standings

1. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 13979 (+2)
2. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 13964 (-1)
3. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 13700 (-1)
4. Team Joan de sa Sinia (???) - 12508 (+1)
5. The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 12198 (-1)
6. Archduke Racing (Horns) - 12048 (=)
7. Scary Noses and Nice Turbos (AndreaModa) - 11969 (+2)
8. Super Bock - UMM (DanielPT) - 11768 (+2)
9. Kjellerup Motorsport (pi314159) - 11468 (-1)
10. ArrowTech Racing (Aerospeed) - 11421 (+5)
11. Force Yorkshire (???) - 11398 (+3)
12. Melrose Racing Team (Wizzie) - 11389 (-5)
13. Fondmetal Team Malaysia (watka) - 11214 (-1)
14. Blue Goat Racing (More_Blue_Flags) - 11210 (-3)
15. Taurus Racing (Faustus) - 10826 (+2)
16. Blastcorp F1 (???) - 10794 (=)
17. Commonwealth Racing (???) - 10299 (-4)
18. Restov Racing (takagi_for_the_win) - 9881 (=)
19. Renauleon Blownaparts (Ataxia) - 9563 (=)
20. Andrea Moderate (This) - 9237 (+1)
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 9030 (+1)
22. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 8631 (+1)
23. Peak Motorsport (V8fan12) - 8602 (-3)
Officially Retired
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

And sadly as far as F1 Fantasy Racers is concerned, that's it. The guy has been bullied into submission by FOM which is a real shame.

We do still have the Formula E league though!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

My first (and last) attempt at this and I win?! :o That was unexpected. If anybody is interested, I had Rosberg, Hamilton, Bottas and Massa in my fixed line-up... After pre-seaon testing, I thought the Mercedes engine looked strong, so I went for the Mercedes drivers that I thought would be most competitive.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

AndreaModa wrote:And sadly as far as F1 Fantasy Racers is concerned, that's it. The guy has been bullied into submission by FOM which is a real shame.

That is another unfortunate and rotten side from FOM that we already know too well. I understand about registered trademark and all but is not like FOM will do something similar to attract young gamers or to further lock many fans into the sport (much like UEFA did with its fantasy champions league). It was a service F1 Fantasy Racers was doing in exchange of the trademark use... Oh well, it is still ludicrous that in this day and age, FOM is still trying to clean the Internet from having anything F1 related.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

DanielPT wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:And sadly as far as F1 Fantasy Racers is concerned, that's it. The guy has been bullied into submission by FOM which is a real shame.

That is another unfortunate and rotten side from FOM that we already know too well. I understand about registered trademark and all but is not like FOM will do something similar to attract young gamers or to further lock many fans into the sport (much like UEFA did with its fantasy champions league). It was a service F1 Fantasy Racers was doing in exchange of the trademark use... Oh well, it is still ludicrous that in this day and age, FOM is still trying to clean the Internet from having anything F1 related.

Yet further evidence that FOM doesn't seem to care too much about the modern world, or its younger fans...

Which is a shame, I was really looking forward to participating in this league next yesr. Oh well...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Fifth wasn't bad for a first (and only) attempt. Possibly the idea to go for five drivers wasn't the best - but how could I have known what would become of Jules Bianchi this year...?

Either way, I kept a screenshot from the first round, the glorious day when everything aligned and The Hammer Of Rejectribution sat at the top of the league with a phenomenal score. I'll never forget that.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

With Fantasy Racers' F1 game shot down in flames by the merciless trolls from FOM, for this year I've turned my attention to the multitude of prediction games out there. As well as our own Predicament Predictions, there's Badger GP's fantasy game, plus the prediction championships on F1 Fanatic and Autosport. The last of these allows you to create your own leagues just like Fantasy Racers did.

So I've gone and created a GP Rejects league. There's only 4 of us at the moment so it would be good to see a few more over there! I was surprised at how easy it was to use - literally just a drag and drop system. If you want to sign up, here's the info you need:

Unique code: f53c6724c1ff9ca401727fb89b055119
Unique league link: http://gppredictor.com/league/join/code/f53c6724c1ff9ca401727fb89b055119

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And I have entered, fueled by my inner convictions as a Belgian: "Real Waffles Aren't Potatoes" will attempt to take over the world this year! :D
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've joined up as well, and as I'm hopeless at names, I've gone back to my old PMMF gimmick of naming my team after an album. So, roll up Attack Of The Grey Lanterns, named after the album that I'm currently hyped over at the moment. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I'm Fondmetal Team Malaysia. Annoying that you can't see people's names against their team names (at least as the moment).
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm signed up. I saw Autosport advertising this recently and thought that it seemed a suitable alternative. I'm glad others agree!
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

watka wrote:I'm Fondmetal Team Malaysia. Annoying that you can't see people's names against their team names (at least as the moment).

Try now. ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I had already signed up for it last year before I made my formal introduction to this forum under the alias of a different reject team. So you will all know me as Coloni! :P
#FreeGonzo
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I have signed up as Khausen.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Personal update:

In the Canadian Grand Prix round, I scored 139 points. Which means in the GP Rejects league I jump 10 positions from 14th to 4th. Even better, in the general league, I jump 12,256 places, up to 4,538 overall!
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Is anybody paying any interest in this? I've just had what I consider a terrible round (partly because the final result was so unexpected, I suppose) but I have now moved up to second in our league, 2 points off the lead and 4 points from 3rd, and am now 3,755th overall (gained 3 places in the last round!).
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

dr-baker wrote:Is anybody paying any interest in this? I've just had what I consider a terrible round (partly because the final result was so unexpected, I suppose) but I have now moved up to second in our league, 2 points off the lead and 4 points from 3rd, and am now 3,755th overall (gained 3 places in the last round!).

Well, I've been updating my predictions for every race, if that's what you mean. Although for some reason my predictions never saved for Canada and Britain, which was a problem because in both cases it went with my Monaco prediction, which included Will Stevens scoring a point! :P So now I'm languishing in 14th place. Still, I thought my Hungary prediction was quite good before the unpredictable actually happened...
#FreeGonzo
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yep still churning out the predictions for every race, same as on here, and F1 Fanatic and Badger GP. Judging by my results though, I couldn't predict tomorrow's weather in the Sahara if my life depended on it.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I went from scoring 95 points at the British GP to a mere 7 for Hungary. :oops:

League-wise, I'm continuing with my typical midfield mediocrity. My team is 12th in the league.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just had a disastrous round. Just scored 16 points which dropped me 7 places in our league, from 2nd to 9th (I am now a whole 100 points off the lead. How?!). And overall, I fell 6012 places to 10,871st! The ROTR of the year, perhaps?
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:Just had a disastrous round. Just scored 16 points which dropped me 7 places in our league, from 2nd to 9th (I am now a whole 100 points off the lead. How?!). And overall, I fell 6012 places to 10,871st! The ROTR of the year, perhaps?

Yeah, I saw that! Thanks to you I'm up one more spot but overall I've had a very average year. The Autosport calculations are quite generous, giving you 2pts if you get a driver within 2 positions of where he finished, but I've still not really been that accurate. Oh well!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I found out today that I got 89 points at Suzuka and that I am now 13th in our league, not bad considering I have changed my driver predictions once since Sepang.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

At FantasyRacers.com, I have set up a private league for us if anybody else is interested in a fantasy FE predictions league. League name is "FE Rejects", password is "ferejects". We are league number 9, so it shouldn't be too hard to unrejectify ourselves here? Will also post this in the FE thread...
MCard LOLA
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

dr-baker wrote:At FantasyRacers.com, I have set up a private league for us if anybody else is interested in a fantasy FE predictions league. League name is "FE Rejects", password is "ferejects". We are league number 9, so it shouldn't be too hard to unrejectify ourselves here? Will also post this in the FE thread...

Last season we came in fifth place with Blue Goat Racing (More_Blue_Flags) taking home the title.
Officially Retired
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Small update on the FE Rejects:

Putrajaya was a brilliant race not just for Blue Flag Rejects, who got the most points overall in Putrajaya, but the FE Rejects league is also on the top of the leagues table! Well done.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Now that, I never saw - though I did notice I'm 8th in the overall table. I approve.

Shows that it pays to keep track on how our favourite reject drivers are doing!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Had an email to say that the Fantasy Racers website is bringing back their F1 predictions game. And I imagine Autosport will continue with theirs...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Has anybody organised an online league yet? Is there a preference between the two options in the last post?
MCard LOLA
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

If anyone is interested, i created a league in Fantasy Racers.

League Number: 403
League Name: GP Rejects League pow. by Life
Password: gprejects

Enjoy if you want to...
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Joined in with my old Super Bock UMM entry.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Normal32 wrote:If anyone is interested, i created a league in Fantasy Racers.

Enjoy if you want to...

I've signed up as MasterCard Lola. Thanks for setting this up, Normal32. I seem to be the 3,170th to have signed up overall, and the fifth in the league. Strategy 2 (the fixed strategy with a $45m budget) is currently the more popular strategy amongst us by 3:2.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Normal32 wrote:If anyone is interested, i created a league in Fantasy Racers.

Enjoy if you want to...

Also just signed up - AustralianStig Racing Team.
Decided to pick just 4 drivers - hoping it pays off...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Alright, joined in. Had an accound already anyway.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!