Fantasy Racers, a serious proposal

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
pi314159

Re: Fantasy Racers, a serious proposal

Post by pi314159 »

Joined as Kjellerup Motorsport. For those who don't know, that's not my real name, but one of my fictional characters from the PMMF.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:For the first time ever, I'm in on one of these leagues, as The Hammer of Rejectribution. The name worked just that bit better than The Cauld Lad of Chilton...

I have very little idea how this is going to turn out, except that (1) I'll probably be somewhere near the back of the grid and (2) I've got a similar strategy to Foxdale, so there's a private battle to be had here. But which one of us will be Caterham and which will be Marussia?

Brace yourself, Baker...

I'll be happy to be Caterham (I went to the same boarding school as Tony Fernandes, same boarding house, albeit 15 or so years apart), but will they be better than Marussia this year? Hmmmm....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

From the website:

Fantasy Racers wrote:Driver Popularity

A sneaky look at the driver selections so far put Lewis Hamilton at the top of this years most wanted list. Lewis is currently featured in 55% of the entries thus far, followed by Nico Hülkenberg (33%) and Nico Rosberg, Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso (30%).

On the flip side Esteban Gutierrez is attracting little support - and is currently listed in just 1% of the current entries.

Also, don't forget your bonus selections:

Fantasy Racers wrote:With just a few days to go until the F1 season gets underway, thoughts should be turning to finalising your Fantasy Racers driver line-up. Equally as important is making use of the new 'Bonus Points' feature which is available for each race. If my calculations are correct you have an entry that has yet to make all bonus selections.

To make your bonus selections, which can be worth up to 50 extra points for each race, click on the 'Bonus Selection' at the bottom of the 'Manage my Entry' page.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Do those of us on the non-changing Strategy Two get those bonus options as well?

I know there are some weeks where I'm bound to miss the opportunity to put my choice in if there is...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Do those of us on the non-changing Strategy Two get those bonus options as well?

I know there are some weeks where I'm bound to miss the opportunity to put my choice in if there is...

I'm on Strategy 2, and I got those bonuses in, but I don't know if those are fixed in too - after all, they have to differentiate between those with the same line-up... But not sure if those Bonuses are locked in for the season too, or not. I'm assuming so?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:Do those of us on the non-changing Strategy Two get those bonus options as well?

I'm on Strategy 2, and I got those bonuses in, but I don't know if those are fixed in too - after all, they have to differentiate between those with the same line-up... But not sure if those Bonuses are locked in for the season too, or not. I'm assuming so?

The bonus selections can be changed at every race and are available on both strategies.
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

Faustus wrote:The bonus selections can be changed at every race and are available on both strategies.

Correct
Divina_Galica

Post by Divina_Galica »

Faustus wrote:From the website:

Fantasy Racers wrote:Driver Popularity

A sneaky look at the driver selections so far put Lewis Hamilton at the top of this years most wanted list. Lewis is currently featured in 55% of the entries thus far, followed by Nico Hülkenberg (33%) and Nico Rosberg, Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso (30%).

On the flip side Esteban Gutierrez is attracting little support - and is currently listed in just 1% of the current entries.

Time to sign up the good looking young Mexican....
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Australian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 874
IIDOTR: The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - Choosing all the right moves including the top 2 that finish in Australia
Top 3 Overall:
1. The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 874 points (21st overall)
2. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 720 points
3. Commonwealth Racing - 698 points

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 342
ROTR: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - Not good when you have Massa, Kobayashi and Ericsson in your team.
Bottom 3 Overall:
22. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 342 points
21. ArrowTech Racing (Aerospeed) - 404 points
20. Andrea Moderate (This) - 410 points

League Ranking: 14th out of 1548
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

HawkAussie wrote:Fantasy Racers 2014: Australian GP Update

Yay. Go us!
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

HawkAussie wrote:Fantasy Racers 2014: Australian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 874
IIDOTR: The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - Choosing all the right moves including the top 2 that finish in Australia
Top 3 Overall:
1. The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 874 points (21st overall)
2. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 720 points
3. Commonwealth Racing - 698 points

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 342
ROTR: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - Not good when you have Massa, Kobayashi and Ericsson in your team.
Bottom 3 Overall:
22. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 342 points
21. ArrowTech Racing (Aerospeed) - 404 points
20. Andrea Moderate (This) - 410 points

Well done dinizintheoven!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I'm not last! :D
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

And without picking any of the bonuses as well! It's Jenson Button in 2009 all over again, or maybe Jody Scheckter in 1977!

When assessing scores for the drivers, I worked out that if I dropped Lewis Hamilton and put Nico Rosberg in the team instead, I'd have enough points left over to run one of the CRT drivers as an extra, just in case there were a few more points to be had that way. It worked this round... it worked very well. It may backfire later... but it was worth it for a day in the sun!

Now come on, Britney, keep up the good work and I might even buy one of your albums! (Actually, I won't, I'd rather have a copy of Private Paradise...)
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

that was rather dissapointing
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Malaysian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 799 points
IIDOTR: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - A wonderful round and a massive jump into the top 5
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 1484
2. Inglorious Pastors (Ed Kevin) - 1483
3. The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 1460

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Restov Racing (takagi_for_the_win) - 380 points
ROTR: Restov Racing (takagi_for_the_win) - Not the best when you are the defending champion
Bottom 3 Overall:
22. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 851 points
21. ArrowTech Racing (Aerospeed) - 899 points
20. Andrea Moderate (This) - 914 points

League Ranking: 13th out of 1634 (99 points behind 1st)
Officially Retired
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Still flying high in the league rankings, go F1Rejects!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Not bad considering I began on the 45 million fixed strategy and still have not scored any bonus points in either round.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Still ahead of you, Baker!

I can't help thinking it's all going to fall apart now, though... unless Nicole does what I'm sort of hoping she does on that other thread I wrote. Then it's time for unassailable victory!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Top of the leaderboard, and I called Kobayashi as first retirement in Australia. Best start I've had in years.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

So it turns out that while I entered a team in Fantasy Racers, I forgot to enter the F1R league until just now. Having now joined the league, I discovered that my first round score would have put me in 2nd place on the podium and kicked Commonwealth off the dias. What do :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Bahrain GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 808 points
IIDOTR: ArrowTech Racing (Aerospeed) - They are now out of the bottom 3 after a much better round
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 2292
2. Inglorious Pastors (Ed Kevin) - 2178
3. The Hammer of Rejectribution (dinizintheoven) - 2109

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 459 points
ROTR: Commonwealth Racing (???) - Well it could be worst, they may of fallen lower
Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 1310 points
22. Andrea Moderate (This) - 1418 points
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 1438 points

League Ranking: 23rd out of 1649 (126 points behind 1st)
Last edited by HawkAussie on 17 Jun 2014, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Officially Retired
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Chinese GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 776 points
IIDOTR: Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - Shoots down another win to collect his third for the season
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 3068
2. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 2887
3. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 2805

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 420 points
ROTR: Commonwealth Racing (???) - They just can't stop falling down the ladder
Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 1730 points
22. Andrea Moderate (This) - 1881 points
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 1928 points

League Ranking: 14th out of 1664 (139 points behind 1st)
Last edited by HawkAussie on 17 Jun 2014, 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

3rd? Not bad...
MCard LOLA
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:Just joined up as Blue Goat Racing. Running with Strategy 2 based entirely off Bahrain testing results, which I am sure Blue Goat Racing will come to regret later in the season.

... and that's where we are now. With both Williams, both Force India's and Magnussen in a team that I can't change my season is rapidly going the way of McLarens.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:
More_Blue_Flags wrote:Just joined up as Blue Goat Racing. Running with Strategy 2 based entirely off Bahrain testing results, which I am sure Blue Goat Racing will come to regret later in the season.

... and that's where we are now. With both Williams, both Force India's and Magnussen in a team that I can't change my season is rapidly going the way of McLarens.

Also went for the unchangeable strategy, based upon Bahraini test results. So glad I went for the Mercedes drivers plus two others at this stage of the season...
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ed Kevin is me, by the way. Just because you're using my real name there.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
More_Blue_Flags

dr-baker wrote:
More_Blue_Flags wrote:

Also went for the unchangeable strategy, based upon Bahraini test results. So glad I went for the Mercedes drivers plus two others at this stage of the season...

I was caught up in the "worst reliability since 1984" expectations and thought I couldn't afford to have all my eggs in a Mercedes basket. I now know better.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

All of a sudden I remember why I picked Jules Bianchi for my Fantasy Racers team. Håpla! (Or whatever that is in French...)
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Monaco GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Archduke Racing (???) - 847 points
IIDOTR: Archduke Racing (???) - Ring Ring, the best of the best in Monaco
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 4627
2. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 4382
3. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 4343

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Andrea Moderate (This) - 448 points
ROTR: Andrea Moderate (This) - :lol: is all I can say about their performance with the use of Maldonado and Bottas
Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 2671 points
22. Andrea Moderate (This) - 2853 points
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 3043 points

League Ranking: 21st out of 1676 (335 points behind 1st)
Last edited by HawkAussie on 17 Jun 2014, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Officially Retired
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I don't know how, but I have both Mercs on and somehow I'm still meddling around in the midfield... Is it my third choice? Bottas did not do well in Monaco :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:I don't know how, but I have both Mercs on and somehow I'm still meddling around in the midfield... Is it my third choice? Bottas did not do well in Monaco :?

I too have both Mercs and Bottas plus one other. Seems to be working for me...
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

HawkAussie wrote:ROTR: Andrea Moderate (This) - :lol: is all I can say about their performance with the use of Maldonado and Bottas

Considering i'm at the bottom anyway, Maldonado was worth the gamble :P I wouldn't say i've got a bad squad for the rest (Ricciardo, Hulkenberg and Bottas) but not having a Mercedes seems to make a huge difference.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Canada GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Melrose Racing Team (Wizzie) - 802 points
IIDOTR: Andrea Moderate (This) - From ROTR to IIDOTR all in one
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 5254
2. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 4969
3. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 4925

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Peak Motorsport (???) - 377 points
ROTR: Peak Motorsport (???) - What else could you do
Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 3083 points
22. Peak Motorsport (???) - 3564 points
21. Andrea Moderate (This) - 3585 points

League Ranking: 12th out of 1676 (338 points behind 1st)
Officially Retired
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am Ford Underperformance Racing, probably should have mentioned that earlier
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
More_Blue_Flags

I would have done much better if Massa and Perez hadn't come together on the last lap. Oh well...
dr-baker

Re: Forum's 3rd Birthday

Post by dr-baker »

Well, I never expected to be in the top-3 when I first signed up for this. But Williams is sadly holding me back.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Having Ricciardo pays of, i won a position! (I'm still at the bottom though) Noticeable, only Hülkenberg survives from my original line-up.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:I would have done much better if Massa and Perez hadn't come together on the last lap. Oh well...

You're telling me. If the two stooges hadn't come together, I could have won the round overall out of the entire competition :(
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Fantasy Racers 2014: Austrian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 914 points
IIDOTR: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - The highest score of the competition so far
Top 3 Overall:
1. Kamuel's Sushi Chefs (tristan1117) - 6083
2. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 5839
3. Inglorious Pastors (shinji) - 5813

The Bad
Lowest scorer: Andrea Moderate (This) - 548
ROTR: None - I am going to be generous this round as all of the teams scored above 500

Bottom 3 Overall:
23. Tassie Racing (HawkAussie) - 3777 points
22. Andrea Moderate (This) - 4133 points
21. Ford Underperformance Racing (RonDenisDeletraz) - 4167 points

League Ranking: 11th out of 1679 (402 points behind 1st)
Officially Retired
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

HawkAussie wrote:Fantasy Racers 2014: Austrian GP Update
The Good
Top scorer: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 914 points
IIDOTR: Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - The highest score of the competition so far
Top 3 Overall:
2. Foxdale Auto Racing Team (dr-baker) - 5839

Well, I wasn't expecting any of this at the start of the season... Particularly if my Predicament Predictions are anything to go by (although I am still proud of my Monza 2011 predictions - won't forget that race in a hurry!).
MCard LOLA