Lack of Reject-avatars

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

Re: Lack of Reject-avatars

Post by dr-baker »

Stramala wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:Unfortunately,Brett Lunger cannot wear any special hats while flying a Hesketh.

Neither can Ralf Schumacher when he is being punted airborne by Takuma Sato.

However, it's certainly possible to have Christian Horner pose wearing nothing but a santa hat! :D

That is acceptable. Still maintaining the essence of the avatar!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I could put a hat on timmy's dad complaining about his neigbor and arch-rival Nico Hülkenberg, but wouldn't that ruin the meme/pun?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

roblomas52 wrote:Could someone please put a Christmas hat on Villneuve if that doesn't contravine avatar challenge rules?

Thanks

Yeah, go for it! (Not that I'm capable of sorting it out)
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Romain's also got into the Christmas spirit!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Considering the white background behind the Porsche 919 Hybrid in my avatar, I think I'm good to go for the winter ;)

Oh wait, the darkness? Well, that represents the lack of daylight.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

New year, new avatar. And with that comes a trivia question: who knows the name of the driver in my new avatar, and what connection does he have to F1 Rejects?

I'll give you until the end of the month to answer it, and whoever knows (or guesses) the correct answer first gets to choose my avatar for February! :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Is it Esteban Tuero?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Is it Esteban Tuero?

I don't know who it is, but I would guess that it was NOT Mr Tuero.

This is Esteban:

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Nope, not Esteban. For some added excitement, from now on I'll only reply if someone figures out the correct answer.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

When I saw a yellow suit, my immediate reaction was Heinz-Harald Frentzen. I doubt that's right, but is it? Either way, I don't know how he'd be related to F1R.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Shot in the dark guess...he was one of the drivers at the Minardi Misano 2004 test.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Is it Ricardo Zunino?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Jarno Trulli? Again, a yellow suit could mean any Jordan driver. Giancarlo Fisichella maybe? Or perhaps someone who has reject status, such as Ricardo Zonta, Ralph Firman, Giorgio Pantano, or even HWNSNBM himself.

Or is it a Finnish driver, for national pride? I can only think of a young Heikki Kovalainen. I can't think of any reject Finnish drivers, aside from Bottas, but the photo is obviously way too old to be him.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Aerospeed wrote:Or is it a Finnish driver, for national pride? I can only think of a young Heikki Kovalainen. I can't think of any reject Finnish drivers, aside from Bottas, but the photo is obviously way too old to be him.

The first finish driver in F1 was Leo Kunnunen, who started his only race at Anderstorp in 1974 (effectively his home GP). He qualified 25th and retired with electrics.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Judging from the hairstyle and picture tone, I'd say this driver was from the 'late 80s/early 90s. I thought they might have been an Eddie Jordan Racing driver, who had Camel sponsorship in F3000.

Alas, I'm not entirely sure who it could be.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia wrote:Judging from the hairstyle and picture tone, I'd say this driver was from the 'late 80s/early 90s. I thought they might have been an Eddie Jordan Racing driver, who had Camel sponsorship in F3000.

Alas, I'm not entirely sure who it could be.

Either it's a EJR F3000 driver, or just a cunningly deceptive photo of a Jordan Grand Prix driver :P I'm going to take a punt and say Antonio Tamburini, I don't know how he could connect to F1R, however :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Someone slightly more left-field, and from the 1980s, and a Reject. I'd wager it's Pierre-Henri Raphanel when trying to pre-qualify the Coloni in 1989. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I reckon it's Nuppiz himself :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:Nope, not Esteban. For some added excitement, from now on I'll only reply if someone figures out the correct answer.

Please, you cannot put an Italian driver as your avatar an expect me not to know!

Antontio Tamburini, raced for Pacific Grand Prix at F3000 level in 1991. But he also had Giovanna Amati as a team-mate the year before, So there is two connections! Was also one of Alfa's works drivers in Campionato Italiano Superturismo, IIRC. But maybe that's wrong, and it was just a customer car. But I think it was one of the red cars, just like Francia. Either way, he was in an Alfa.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

roblomas52 wrote:Is it Esteban Tuero?

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Heinz-Harald Frentzen

Aerospeed wrote:Jarno Trulli? Giancarlo Fisichella maybe? Ricardo Zonta, Ralph Firman, Giorgio Pantano, or even HWNSNBM himself.

Heikki Kovalainen.

Do ye have face blindness or something?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:When I saw a yellow suit, my immediate reaction was Heinz-Harald Frentzen. I doubt that's right, but is it? Either way, I don't know how he'd be related to F1R.

Nope.
WaffleCat wrote:Shot in the dark guess...he was one of the drivers at the Minardi Misano 2004 test.

Nope, older than that.
go_Rubens wrote:Is it Ricardo Zunino?

Nope.
Aerospeed wrote:Jarno Trulli? Again, a yellow suit could mean any Jordan driver. Giancarlo Fisichella maybe? Or perhaps someone who has reject status, such as Ricardo Zonta, Ralph Firman, Giorgio Pantano, or even HWNSNBM himself.

Or is it a Finnish driver, for national pride? I can only think of a young Heikki Kovalainen. I can't think of any reject Finnish drivers, aside from Bottas, but the photo is obviously way too old to be him.

None of the above.
East Londoner wrote:Someone slightly more left-field, and from the 1980s, and a Reject. I'd wager it's Pierre-Henri Raphanel when trying to pre-qualify the Coloni in 1989. ;)

Nope, Coloni drivers had red overalls in 1989. ;)
takagi_for_the_win wrote:I reckon it's Nuppiz himself :P

Nope, too slim. :lol:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Either it's a EJR F3000 driver, or just a cunningly deceptive photo of a Jordan Grand Prix driver :P I'm going to take a punt and say Antonio Tamburini, I don't know how he could connect to F1R, however :)

Biscione wrote:Please, you cannot put an Italian driver as your avatar an expect me not to know!

Antontio Tamburini, raced for Pacific Grand Prix at F3000 level in 1991. But he also had Giovanna Amati as a team-mate the year before, So there is two connections! Was also one of Alfa's works drivers in Campionato Italiano Superturismo, IIRC. But maybe that's wrong, and it was just a customer car. But I think it was one of the red cars, just like Francia. Either way, he was in an Alfa.

And here we have our correct answers. It is indeed Antonio Tamburini, and kostas... Strama... Biscione provided enough connections to F1 Rejects for me to declare him the winner of this contest. Although that was not the connection I was looking for; what I was after is that Tamburini was Coloni's test driver in the early 1990s, as seen here with him driving a Coloni-Subaru:

But what's more important is that he was the first ever driver to drive a Andrea Moda Formula One car - just weeks after the team had been bought from Enzo Coloni - at the 1991 Formula One Indoor Trophy held as a part of the Bologna Motor Show:

Find more about it here (Brazilian site, but Google Translate does a decent job)

So with that, Biscione gets to decide my new avatar for February. If he refuses, then Pasta has the honor to do so. And if he refuses as well, then the bet is called off. :P
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Not sure if Ataxia's keeping up RoGro love, but I wanted to keep the original avatar circulating around.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

go_Rubens wrote:Not sure if Ataxia's keeping up RoGro love, but I wanted to keep the original avatar circulating around.

Oh, I am...in a slightly different fashion though!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

go_Rubens wrote:Not sure if Ataxia's keeping up RoGro love, but I wanted to keep the original avatar circulating around.

Great, now I'm always gonna think you're Ataxia...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
UncreativeUsername37

AustralianStig wrote:

I thought Ataxia was Salamander for a while, but I got used to it.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

I usually read the names under the avatar. It's a trick that actually works ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
UncreativeUsername37

This wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:Great, now I'm always gonna think you're Ataxia...

I usually read the names under the avatar. It's a trick that actually works ;)

That would work, except I can't read.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:I usually read the names under the avatar. It's a trick that actually works ;)

It's what I usually do too, alongside seeing what their current avatar is (helps me when someone changes their name. I'm looking at you, kostas22!).

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:That would work, except I can't read.

Don't worry, I can't read Japanese, Chinese or Russian either.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
This wrote:I usually read the names under the avatar. It's a trick that actually works ;)

It's what I usually do too, alongside seeing what their current avatar is (helps me when someone changes their name. I'm looking at you, kostas22!).

Eh? What is this "kostas22" to which you refer? :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
kostas22

Post by kostas22 »

Biscione wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Eh? What is this "kostas22" to which you refer? :D

It's me.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

While I was looking at topics in the HWNSNBM forum, there was a kostas22, who made a post, which I honestly though it was Stra... er, Biscione. Oh how confusing.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:It's what I usually do too, alongside seeing what their current avatar is (helps me when someone changes their name. I'm looking at you, kostas22!).
Biscione wrote:Eh? What is this "kostas22" to which you refer? :D
kostas22 wrote:It's me.

Well, I'm glad that's sorted out. But I thought you normally had an avatar alongside your name, kostas22! ;)
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I finally got around to changing my avatar to one that's actually related to Formula One. Brundle looks like he's hit the bottom of a slope in a log flume.

This simply happened because I was looking for Senna at Donnington for my new laptop background, and I came across the image above.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

That image looks like what an exciting F1 shot should be like.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I still wish the elder Schumi a speedy recovery, but I wanted another Ralf-themed pic. I'll might do something completely different later.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

good_Ralf wrote:I still wish the elder Schumi a speedy recovery, but I wanted another Ralf-themed pic. I'll might do something completely different later.

I started with avatars of Barichello, but around May-ish, I went completely random away from Rubinho.

I plan on using a new RoGro love avatar, sometime this year, with a Douglas Adams reference in it. I hope it will work.

Oh wait...

Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Not so much a reject but a reject moment - Juan Pablo Montoya spinning out from a guaranteed win at the 2003 Australian Grand Prix.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Can someone make this into an avatar for me please? I'm normally ok with computers, but for some reason my avatars are always wrong somehow :/ Thanks in advance
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SgtPepper wrote:Can someone make this into an avatar for me please? I'm normally ok with computers, but for some reason my avatars are always wrong somehow :/ Thanks in advance

Here you go:
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Nuppiz wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:Can someone make this into an avatar for me please? I'm normally ok with computers, but for some reason my avatars are always wrong somehow :/ Thanks in advance

Here you go:

Thankyou very much! That was giving me something of a headache.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st