The wonderful world of shoe spam!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Re: The wonderful world of shoe spam!

Post by Londoner »

The hottest place I've been is Gran Caneria, where one of the days I was there (back in 2008), it reached 36 degrees. I prefer cooler summers. 8-)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I'll stick to Scotland thanks. It might be f***ing freezing down here (temp has been in the negatives during the day for 2 or 3 days in a row now) but I dunno how I could live through 45-50 degrees. I'd surely pass out. Think when I go on holiday abroad, it'll be to Finland, Norway or Sweden!

Welcome to Finland, it's currently a pleasant -16 Celsius outside. :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Nuppiz wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I'll stick to Scotland thanks. It might be f***ing freezing down here (temp has been in the negatives during the day for 2 or 3 days in a row now) but I dunno how I could live through 45-50 degrees. I'd surely pass out. Think when I go on holiday abroad, it'll be to Finland, Norway or Sweden!

Welcome to Finland, it's currently a pleasant -16 Celsius outside. :lol:

It's a considerably nicer 0 degrees outside, and there's a blizzard like Taki Inoue has set off a fire extinguisher of biblical proportions :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Currently -1 degrees here in Lowestoft. All the schools and sixth forms in the local area were shut, and yet I still had to go in today, because I had a maths exam retake (core 2). Which I promptly bathplugged up so badly in that I'm already preparing myself for my first ever U in my results. :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Nuppiz wrote:Welcome to Finland, it's currently a pleasant -16 Celsius outside. :lol:

I too had -16 this morning. My car was a little bit stubborn when I tried to start the engine, but it came alive after a while.

It's nothing, though, compared to when I was going home from work two years ago. The temp said -27 when I sat down in the car
and turned the key. To my amazement the car actually started, and I got home.
Right now I have -13.
-*:-
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Whereas here in Ballyshannon (which incidentally was the hottest place in Europe in May I believe, with temperatures reaching 38 celsius) it is trying to snow, but the typical bloody rain is spoiling. It rains practically non stop here; in fact a local saying is "If you can see the mountain its going to rain, if you can't see the mountain, its already raining." Says it all really.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

It's not really snowed here today. Yet. Unlike the rest of England and Wales, apparently.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Whereas here in Ballyshannon (which incidentally was the hottest place in Europe in May I believe, with temperatures reaching 38 celsius) it is trying to snow, but the typical bloody rain is spoiling.

Memories of Winter 2010 has prevented me from ever wanting it to snow. I couldn't leave the house for days. My cousins had no water because of frozen pipes. 'twas mad craic sure.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Wizzie wrote:And on a slightly unrelated note, how's the hottest January day on record treating you Lappy? Our Aircon unit went on the blink due to the heat so I had to sweat out the 47 degree heat with just a rubbish desk fan :|

And for those out there who aren't familiar with the metric system, that's 47 degrees celsius.

Does that factor in heat index?

No. Heat index is about another degree or so on top of that. Welcome to the hole that is Western Sydney in the middle of summer :|

What the Heat Index? Is that like the opposite of the Wind Chill Factor?

And when I set off for uni this morning, everything was clear. Then there was a light sprinkling of snow as I drove along. Then it got heavier as I walked to the lecture centre. Our tutor noticed that we were facinated by the weather outside of the window while still engaging on the discussion - reminiscing therapy. Funny that we used the weather as inspiration for reminiscing... :lol: It was meant to be 3 hours, it finished 1 1/2 hours early, with a friend who is a member of staff telling me in the library at 11:45 that the uni was on the verge of closing. At 1:37 pm, the message was:
Heavy and persistent snow is now falling and all staff and students who travel by car or public transport should not delay their departure any further and should take great care.

Just as well I was already driving home at that point. And I think that at that point, it was somewhere between 1 cm and 1" deep...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

About -3°C outside right now. And I believe the worst I've ever been in regarding high temperatures should be around 40°C when I was in Malaysia. In three-and-a-half years, there ought to have been a freakishly hot day at some point :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

takagi_for_the_win

shinji wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Whereas here in Ballyshannon (which incidentally was the hottest place in Europe in May I believe, with temperatures reaching 38 celsius) it is trying to snow, but the typical bloody rain is spoiling.

Memories of Winter 2010 has prevented me from ever wanting it to snow. I couldn't leave the house for days. My cousins had no water because of frozen pipes. 'twas mad craic sure.

Yeah, 2010, and to a lesser extent 2009, was a bit ridiculous, but sure, as the saying goes, #yolo
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

So we're talking about the weather now, huh?

Temperatures as low as minus 25-30 degrees Celsius are predicted for tomorrow. Better get some extra clothing on when taking the dog out.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Jocke1 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Welcome to Finland, it's currently a pleasant -16 Celsius outside. :lol:

I too had -16 this morning. My car was a little bit stubborn when I tried to start the engine, but it came alive after a while.

It's nothing, though, compared to when I was going home from work two years ago. The temp said -27 when I sat down in the car
and turned the key. To my amazement the car actually started, and I got home.
Right now I have -13.

OMG! It would be freezing for me! :D
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Nuppiz wrote:So we're talking about the weather now, huh?

Temperatures as low as minus 25-30 degrees Celsius are predicted for tomorrow. Better get some extra clothing on when taking the dog out.

And I complained about -10°C on monday morning...
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Right now I have -13.

Well, yes. When the temperatures are negative on the Celcius scale, it generally is freezing for everyone by definition... ;) :lol:

takagi_for_the_win wrote:...but sure, as the saying goes, #yolo

Ah yes, You Only Love Owls. Yetis Only Lick Olives. Yachts Only Like Oceans.

YOLO is Carpe Diem for dummies.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

The temperature in Singapore is, and I am quoting a radio DJ here,a "very,very cold day of 26 degrees Celsius".

Yep,that's Singapore for you.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
takagi_for_the_win

dr-baker wrote:

And it would appear the motto-for-life of many thick 13 year olds around where I live who use to try and make themselves look cool, only to have the mickey taken out of them mercilessly by the genuinely cool 16 year olds such as myself :lol: 8-)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

tommykl wrote:About -3°C outside right now. And I believe the worst I've ever been in regarding high temperatures should be around 40°C when I was in Malaysia. In three-and-a-half years, there ought to have been a freakishly hot day at some point :lol:

Hm, you've missed something, i've been in temperatures like 45°C in our dearly beloved Belgium (of course, not in the winter, it was at Rock Werchter a few years back, not the most ideal place to be when it's that hot, ice-cream never tasted so good) The lowest in here i remember was -18°, which i recorded on my car's thermometer, which is usually 2 or 3 degrees higher than reality. Thankfully, temperatures like that never hold on for longer than a week. It is a fact that Limburg and surroundings are the most extreme in summer, so it's possible that you haven't noticed this in the cooler Ardennes.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

And it would appear the motto-for-life of many thick 13 year olds around where I live who use to try and make themselves look cool, only to have the mickey taken out of them mercilessly by the genuinely cool 16 year olds such as myself :lol: 8-)

I should be able to test whether people really do only live once, by shooting people who say yolo on a regular basis.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dr-baker wrote:Ah yes, You Only Love Owls. Yetis Only Lick Olives. Yachts Only Like Oceans.

And Carpe Diem is Latin for people who don't know Latin.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
takagi_for_the_win

shinji wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Ah yes, You Only Love Owls. Yetis Only Lick Olives. Yachts Only Like Oceans.

And Carpe Diem is Latin for people who don't know Latin.

Or as Neil out of the Inbetweeners would believe, something to do with fishing :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Or, if you were stupid enough to waste 30 quid on their new albums, a song by Green Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I know someone that got a #YOLO tattoo. Yeah, she's an idiot.

The best bit about that is I don't know anyone that actually says it seriously. I think everyone in the world agrees it's a phrase for f*cking idiots, so it's only ever mentioned ironically...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:Well, yes. When the temperatures are negative on the Celcius scale, it generally is freezing for everyone by definition...

...said Mr. SpockImage
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

And here was me thinking Carpe Diem was a fancy kind of French carpet store.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

shinji wrote:And Carpe Diem is Latin for people who don't know Latin.

Sed mihi nuntiatum est, Romanum undique oppugnari, sed imperator nihil fecisse, praeter matrem venenavisse equumque uxorem duxisse. Itaque, senatus copias e Britannia revocare ad civitatem nostram imperialem defendam constituit. Beeeeeeeh-us!

Strange. There appears to be a large orange hedge moving towards us...

WeirdKerr wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face blue* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *wields axe* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Crazy Dave Coulthard wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face blue with white go-faster stripes* CRAZY D COMIN' ATCHA, ROMANS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *swings sword* And don't forget to press the red button to see the rest of this epic battle live on the BBC F1 Forum.

Jackie Stewart wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face white with tartan stripes, which takes ages* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *thrusts spear* Och, I cannae do this, it's not safe, you know? These spears should at least have a rubber tip so nobody gets hurt...

Rab C. Nesbitt wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *subtitled for anyone watching outside Glasgow* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrggggghhh... *wields broken Buckfast bottle, falls over, spluttering and choking* Jamesie! More Buckie...

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *wields a whole skiltron of spears* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGoh wait, did ye say ye're going tae Rome? Couldnae drop us off at Milan so I can see Inter beating Rubentus, aye?

Paul di Resta wrote:Argh. Argh. *thrusts pencil at the confused Romans* Obviously I don't need to try as I am the scariest Scotsman in the whole of Scotland. Argh.

(At this point, the whole Roman Army are so bored with Paul di Resta talking that they all spontaneously fall over asleep.)

WeirdKerr wrote:Och, look, he's done it!

Crazy Dave Coulthard wrote:Bling bling an' ting, give it up for me main man P Diddy Resta!

Jackie Stewart wrote:Aye, see, we didnae even have to use all these sharp, pointy weapons!

Rab C. Nesbitt wrote:*unconscious on the grass*

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Grazie, grazie, molto contento!

Alan Cumming wrote:Ih?

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:It's Italian.

Forbes Masson wrote:Ooooh, dearie me.

(And so ends the saga of the Scottish hero, Paul di Resta, illegitimate son of a Roman decurion - hence the Italian name - and a slightly concussed old crone from ye olde knocking shop in Dumfries, who rose through the ranks to become the conqueror of his father's people, driving the Romans out of the province of Britannia... which inadvertently paved the way for the Angles and Saxons to invade in their place. The story was passed down from generation to generation, embellished and exaggerated out of all proportion. One day, 1,576 years later, the boy was born who seemed to have all the divine qualities of his distant ancestor, or at least, what was now believes after almost sixteen centuries of tall tales. And so, he too was called Paul, and chose the path of motor racing, where he was destined to become The Greatest Of All Time, and such legends as Michael Schumacher, Alain Prost, Sir Jack Brabham, HWNSNBM and Juan Manuel Fangio would get down on their knees and worship in his presence, even though Fangio had died before The Exalted One's career had even started...)

*record scratch*

To abuse an overused term from a different thread: Oh, wait...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Right now I have -13.

Well, yes. When the temperatures are negative on the Celcius scale, it generally is freezing for everyone by definition... ;) :lol:

Right, but usually I feel like freezing even when there's not a negative temperature! :D
I hate when it's cold... ;)

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dinizintheoven wrote:
shinji wrote:And Carpe Diem is Latin for people who don't know Latin.

Sed mihi nuntiatum est, Romanum undique oppugnari, sed imperator nihil fecisse, praeter matrem venenavisse equumque uxorem duxisse. Itaque, senatus copias e Britannia revocare ad civitatem nostram imperialem defendam constituit. Beeeeeeeh-us!

Strange. There appears to be a large orange hedge moving towards us...

WeirdKerr wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face blue* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *wields axe* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Crazy Dave Coulthard wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face blue with white go-faster stripes* CRAZY D COMIN' ATCHA, ROMANS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *swings sword* And don't forget to press the red button to see the rest of this epic battle live on the BBC F1 Forum.

Jackie Stewart wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *paints face white with tartan stripes, which takes ages* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *thrusts spear* Och, I cannae do this, it's not safe, you know? These spears should at least have a rubber tip so nobody gets hurt...

Rab C. Nesbitt wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *subtitled for anyone watching outside Glasgow* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrggggghhh... *wields broken Buckfast bottle, falls over, spluttering and choking* Jamesie! More Buckie...

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *wields a whole skiltron of spears* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGoh wait, did ye say ye're going tae Rome? Couldnae drop us off at Milan so I can see Inter beating Rubentus, aye?

Paul di Resta wrote:Argh. Argh. *thrusts pencil at the confused Romans* Obviously I don't need to try as I am the scariest Scotsman in the whole of Scotland. Argh.

(At this point, the whole Roman Army are so bored with Paul di Resta talking that they all spontaneously fall over asleep.)

WeirdKerr wrote:Och, look, he's done it!

Crazy Dave Coulthard wrote:Bling bling an' ting, give it up for me main man P Diddy Resta!

Jackie Stewart wrote:Aye, see, we didnae even have to use all these sharp, pointy weapons!

Rab C. Nesbitt wrote:*unconscious on the grass*

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Grazie, grazie, molto contento!

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:It's Italian.

Forbes Masson wrote:Ooooh, dearie me.

(And so ends the saga of the Scottish hero, Paul di Resta, illegitimate son of a Roman decurion - hence the Italian name - and a slightly concussed old crone from ye olde knocking shop in Dumfries, who rose through the ranks to become the conqueror of his father's people, driving the Romans out of the province of Britannia... which inadvertently paved the way for the Angles and Saxons to invade in their place. The story was passed down from generation to generation, embellished and exaggerated out of all proportion. One day, 1,576 years later, the boy was born who seemed to have all the divine qualities of his distant ancestor, or at least, what was now believes after almost sixteen centuries of tall tales. And so, he too was called Paul, and chose the path of motor racing, where he was destined to become The Greatest Of All Time, and such legends as Michael Schumacher, Alain Prost, Sir Jack Brabham, HWNSNBM and Juan Manuel Fangio would get down on their knees and worship in his presence, even though Fangio had died before The Exalted One's career had even started...)

*record scratch*

To abuse an overused term from a different thread: Oh, wait...

http://youtu.be/2lru4dJ4J6g
:lol:
takagi_for_the_win

Haha, brilliant dinizintheoven :D :lol: Post of the year nominee perhaps?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

dr-baker wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:OMG! It would be freezing for me! :D

Right, but usually I feel like freezing even when there's not a negative temperature! :D

I agree, but due to where I live I probably have a much different definition of what is cold
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Haha, brilliant dinizintheoven :D :lol: Post of the year nominee perhaps?

Two nominations already and it's not even the end of January. I like this development.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

eurobrun wrote:I agree, but due to where I live I probably have a much different definition of what is cold

Yes, probably. :)

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Well, yes. When the temperatures are negative on the Celcius scale, it generally is freezing for everyone by definition... ;) :lol:

I agree, but due to where I live I probably have a much different definition of what is cold

Isn't anything below 30 degrees celsius considered 'cold' in Adelaide? :P

Then again, that threshold in Sydney's only a bone-chilling 20 degrees. Which is probably a grade 1 heatwave over in London if Top Gear is to be believed :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:Then again, that threshold in Sydney's only a bone-chilling 20 degrees. Which is probably a grade 1 heatwave over in London if Top Gear is to be believed :P

To be honest, that's not far off. My opinion is that 20-25 celcius is rather pleasantly warm, with 30+ being hot...
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Right, but usually I feel like freezing even when there's not a negative temperature! :D

For half of the year that is mostly true :lol: Even on a winter day 20 is usually considered quite cold.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

eurobrun wrote:For half of the year that is mostly true :lol: Even on a winter day 20 is usually considered quite cold.

Lucky you!

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
simonracer

Post by simonracer »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I agree, but due to where I live I probably have a much different definition of what is cold

For half of the year that is mostly true :lol: Even on a winter day 20 is usually considered quite cold.

Darwin is even worse, 25 degrees would be considered cold even in the middle of winter. But is in the tropics, so I suppose it doesn't count.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I endured 46°C for 3 days in Seville in August 2003. bathplug me that was hot.
When I was a kid growing up in Santarém (in Portugal) we were guaranteed at least 3 weeks of over 40°C in the summer. Somehow, being a child meant that either I didn't feel it or didn't care. Unlike now that I am older, bitter and twisted.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.