Trouble posting in threads...

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Trouble posting in threads...

Post by ADx_Wales »

....Yes I may have not been around but I've picked up on something that has been mentioned in the F1 spec engines to be used in 2014 Sportscar racing, I have something of slight relevance to post in there, and I keep getting a "General Error", I hope it isnt just me...

...well posting in here worked, but not in this particular thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5018&p=161536#p161536

Trying to post something about the new regs, and I seem to be getting this

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\x8B\xE2\x80\x8B...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

Every time I try to change it a little in order for it to get through :-S
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DemocalypseNow

Re: Trouble posting in threads...

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:....Yes I may have not been around but I've picked up on something that has been mentioned in the F1 spec engines to be used in 2014 Sportscar racing, I have something of slight relevance to post in there, and I keep getting a "General Error", I hope it isnt just me...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE2\x80\x8B\xE2\x80\x8B...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Accents on letters do that. Or at least it used to, I don't know if it's been fixed or not. Were you pasting in a foreign driver's name or something like that?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:....Yes I may have not been around but I've picked up on something that has been mentioned in the F1 spec engines to be used in 2014 Sportscar racing, I have something of slight relevance to post in there, and I keep getting a "General Error", I hope it isnt just me...

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Accents on letters do that. Or at least it used to, I don't know if it's been fixed or not. Were you pasting in a foreign driver's name or something like that?

"João Lagos é o dono da equipa Sunshine Infiniti, que em breve será Daihatsu. Ele é também chefe da equipa."

Nope, accents are accepted. I know that sometimes there is a weird bug which blocks a thread for you, meaning that you cannot post, until someone else posts. At least that was what it happened to me.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Accents on letters do that. Or at least it used to, I don't know if it's been fixed or not. Were you pasting in a foreign driver's name or something like that?

"João Lagos é o dono da equipa Sunshine Infiniti, que em breve será Daihatsu. Ele é também chefe da equipa."

Nope, accents are accepted. I know that sometimes there is a weird bug which blocks a thread for you, meaning that you cannot post, until someone else posts. At least that was what it happened to me.

I wasn't talking about all accents, just some. For example, Krzysztof Holowczyc's name should have a score through the letter L, but when I tried to post it just now in its original Polish form, I got the MySQL error. So some accents still don't work.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Accents on letters do that. Or at least it used to, I don't know if it's been fixed or not. Were you pasting in a foreign driver's name or something like that?

I wasn't talking about all accents, just some. For example, Krzysztof Holowczyc's name should have a score through the letter L, but when I tried to post it just now in its original Polish form, I got the MySQL error. So some accents still don't work.

"Joachim Löw". "32º degrees". "Os Espanhóis têm resgate". "Brøndby IF".

EDIT: Ah! Cannot write in Russian. So it happens with some characters indeed. Neither the Croatian accents I can put in. Like those in Boksic's name. You are indeed correct, good sir. Kind apologies.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Its ok now, I found the link to the English Language PDF file I was going to pass on in that particular thread.

More Trojan Horses in the main site by the way, they got blocked obviously, by my fists...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
katie

Post by katie »

Thanks for the links..
I really need it..
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

katie wrote:Thanks for the links..
I really need it..

I bet you do, love. I bet you do...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I really need it..

Oh, I see a girl on here. Hello! How are you? I wonder if you would take a look at the links in my signature? It says a lot about who I am...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dr-baker wrote:
I really need it..

Oh, I see a girl on here. Hello! How are you? I wonder if you would take a look at the links in my signature? It says a lot about who I am...

Come on Baker, we don't need you scaring people off. We're not like that on here.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

redbulljack14 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
I really need it..

Come on Baker, we don't need you scaring people off. We're not like that on here.

:shock: :oops: Sorry...

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
alexemil5

Post by alexemil5 »

I also need to know this.. Thanks for the links.. It sounds so great and useful for me..
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

alexemil5 wrote:I also need to know this.. Thanks for the links.. It sounds so great and useful for me..

Look! We have our first comeback bot! :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

DanielPT wrote:
alexemil5 wrote:I also need to know this.. Thanks for the links.. It sounds so great and useful for me..

This bot is so rejectful it isn't even selling anything :lol:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

eurobrun wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

This bot is so rejectful it isn't even selling anything :lol:

Hang on, it's signature simply says "Alex", which might be shortened from Alexander. Is this a spybot by Wurz so he can keep track on what he have discovered about his conspiracy so far?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

And if you look at that profile, he registered on 22nd October 2009 (22/10/2009) and last visited 27th November 2012 (27/11/2012). Now, if you add 27 and 22, what do you get? 49 :shock: It is the Wurzinator!!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, I have more proof that alexemil5 is also one of Wurz's cronies.

Just look at his join date: 04 Jan 2013, 12:24. 20+13+12+24=49. Furthermore, if we take just the date, not year, in numerical form, we get 4+1+2+1+3 = 11. When we deduct the current number of posts made by this bot (1) from it, we get 10.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Now we're finding conspiracies in spambots...

By the way, I've noticed in the "browsing forums" bit there appears to be a bot every now and then called Majestic-12. Now, maybe I've been playing too much Deus Ex, but maybe...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This conspiracy is all Jamie and Enoch's fault, they just had to make Wurz the first ever ROTR and first ever ROTY. WE MAY HAVE BEEN SPARED!!!
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I have been trying many times now to make a new thread in the EvdP Forum.
But this message that the OP talk about keeps coming up for me:

How to solve this?
-*:-
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jocke1 wrote:I have been trying many times now to make a new thread in the EvdP Forum.

How to solve this?

Probably means you've got a foreign language character that the board doesn't like. I can't give examples of ones that don't work or this won't post either, but you know, letters with special accents in them. Such as the Polish letter that looks like an L but has a diagonal line through it that makes it sound like "W" instead of "L".

Image Image
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

No I don't think this is the problem. I've tried ever since Sunday night, but it just doesn't work.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jocke1 wrote:No I don't think this is the problem. I've tried ever since Sunday night, but it just doesn't work.

Well it's clearly not a board-wide problem otherwise more people would have said something. Definitely something to do with what your posting. Don't look for tech help from the webmasters either, the only one who knows anything about computers is never here!

Image Image
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I emailed Jamie, Enoch, Mario and Carlos for help, Sunday. One has gotten back (so far) but he was unable to help.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day Jocke1.
Will check the email - in the meantime - can you start other threads in other forums?
Can you email me the content of your attempted posting?
Cheers
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Kuwashima wrote:G'day Jocke1.
Will check the email - in the meantime - can you start other threads in other forums?
Can you email me the content of your attempted posting?
Cheers

Alright, thank you for your help Jamie.
I will email you. And no, I have not tried making a thread in any other forum.

Edit:

I emailed you, Jamie. Hope you received it.
Aries86

Post by Aries86 »

Yep, seems like that was the problem. Thanks!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Aries86 wrote:Yep, seems like that was the problem. Thanks!

What was your problem again?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Aries86 wrote:Yep, seems like that was the problem. Thanks!

What was your problem again?

It's suspicious, but so far there is nothing pointing out to blatant spamming, so I've left it alone for now.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote:I have been trying many times now to make a new thread in the EvdP Forum.

How to solve this?

This is back, trying to create a thread in EvdP.
It doesn't matter what I do...