F1Rejects IRC channel

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Re: F1Rejects IRC channel

Post by Londoner »

I'm the absolute only person in the chatroom this morning. No idlers or anything. I'm slightly scared. :? :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Why was I kicked for trying to join a legit discussion? I know I am new to the chat but I did tell you who I am. :x
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

roblomas52 wrote:Why was I kicked for trying to join a legit discussion? I know I am new to the chat but I did tell you who I am. :x

Just a mistake. You're free to join, now.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Why was I kicked for trying to join a legit discussion? I know I am new to the chat but I did tell you who I am. :x

Just a mistake. You're free to join, now.

Thank you for that and sorry if I caused a wee dram on here.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Hi I'm Phoenix.

It is illegal to to a parody of me being unreasonable as I normally am. The penalty is being banned from the IRC. Kthnx.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Anyone else having difficulty logging onto the chat? Funnily enough, both my laptop and phone IP addresses have been blacklisted.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I had a similar problem before, it turned out I had an IP ban for some reason. It should expire at some point, but if it doesn't, you could try contacting mibbit via e-mail.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

OK, so we've had a few issues with Mibbit in the last few days, but can anyone actually get onto the chat at the moment, as it appears to be down?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
W12

Post by W12 »

East Londoner wrote:OK, so we've had a few issues with Mibbit in the last few days, but can anyone actually get onto the chat at the moment, as it appears to be down?
Well, I'm on the chat at the moment...
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Yeah, I can't seem to join either...ah, never mind.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

It took me 25 minutes to get onto the chat tonight, refreshing the page every now and again.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Might have to take this service in-house too :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I have found another link to the chat that works for the time being.

http://irc.lc/mibbit/f1rejects/irctc@@@
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Actually having banned from the chatroom for quite a time, I feel more peace within my life. So I would like someone to permanently ban me on chatroom :D Thanks!
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AxelP800 wrote:Actually having banned from the chatroom for quite a time, I feel more peace within my life. So I would like someone to permanently ban me on chatroom :D Thanks!

IRC Chatroom wrote: 22:15 --- TMLW has unbanned Axel!*@*

The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Alright, it is August 1 and the beginning of a fun game for all ops, admins and halfops in the chatroom. It's the...

Klon Kicking Summer Series

The rules are very simple:
* From August 1 to August 30 the contest will be who can kick me the most. Every approved kick earns you a point, the guy with the most points at the end of the month wins.
* A kick is approved when the majority of people in the chat agree with it being reasonable.
* You have to kick the actual individual who is most commonly associated with the username "klon" - naming a friend klon and kicking him does not kount.
* Kicks during live reports of my Alternate F1 and during live races of other series do not kount either.
* There might be one or two days during the month where no kicks are kounted, but there will be updates within the chat on that.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Epic lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just changing nick of joke into "AxelHatesGP2" because Haryanto being not very blessed there, made me banned. I am a reject :P
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:Epic lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just changing nick of joke into "AxelHatesGP2" because Haryanto being not very blessed there, made me banned. I am a reject :P

If that was your idea of a joke, then it was a really awful one.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Salamander wrote:

True, but how does that on its own warrant a ban?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Because he keeps doing crap like this, despite it annoying everyone.
Everything's great.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Salamander wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Because he keeps doing crap like this, despite it annoying everyone.

Well you annoyed me too anyway. Why not?
tommykl has a stroke
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I gotta tell you, this is becoming really silly now.

You can't ban each other just because you don't like each other. Can you imagine how long my queue of bans would be here if that's how we operated on the forums?!

You can kick people out for racist, sexist, homophobic, inflammatory, etc comments, but this...it's too far.

Salamander, and everyone else involved, please, stop getting angry at everybody. It's getting quite old. I'm a bit tired of all the bullying that goes on in the IRC channel but you don't see me going around kicking and banning everyone because I don't like it?

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Biscione wrote:I gotta tell you, this is becoming really silly now.

You can't ban each other just because you don't like each other. Can you imagine how long my queue of bans would be here if that's how we operated on the forums?!

You can kick people out for racist, sexist, homophobic, inflammatory, etc comments, but this...it's too far.

Salamander, and everyone else involved, please, stop getting angry at everybody. It's getting quite old. I'm a bit tired of all the bullying that goes on in the IRC channel but you don't see me going around kicking and banning everyone because I don't like it?

It's called puberty. Most of them will get over it.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And all this just ain't encouraging me to become a part of the chat community one little bit. All I read in this thread is of people getting banned or of technical difficulties.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I got round to watching the V8s from Sydney after all, it didn't get spoilt even though someone inadvertantly said who won on sunday morning ;)

Looking forward to being in the chat room more often :)
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

RealRacingRoots wrote:Image

...after 2 years, this is much feels... but I'm still looking for a screengrab from the earlier scene where homer crawls through the "Supplicants" hatch straight into Mr Burns' office...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:...after 2 years, this is much feels... but I'm still looking for a screengrab from the earlier scene where homer crawls through the "Supplicants" hatch straight into Mr Burns' office...

A Google search produced the following, my good man:

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Thats what I did! But did it like me, of course it didnt :P
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ADx_Wales wrote:That's what I did! But did it like me, of course it didn't :P

Just went to Google Images and typed in, "homer simpson supplicants." ;) Had to scroll down for one of the images, though.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:And all this just ain't encouraging me to become a part of the chat community one little bit. All I read in this thread is of people getting banned or of technical difficulties.

Bite the bullet and join us, what have you got to lose?

Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any loss of sanity, rational thought, bowel control or money. The chat may cause constipation if inserted rectally. May contain traces of Klon.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any loss of sanity, rational thought, bowel control or money. The chat may cause constipation if inserted rectally. May contain traces of Klon.

1. I'm not sure that I ever had any sanity to begin with, or rational thought.
2. Diabetic medication often leads to loose stools, so if it leads to constipation, then :mrgreen: .
3. These forums already contain traces of Klon, so no difference there...

So no problems there. But risks of being banned and technical difficulties, still not attractive...
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Disclaimer: We cannot be held responsible for any loss of sanity, rational thought, bowel control or money. The chat may cause constipation if inserted rectally. May contain traces of Klon.

1. I'm not sure that I ever had any sanity to begin with, or rational thought.
2. Diabetic medication often leads to loose stools, so if it leads to constipation, then :mrgreen: .
3. These forums already contain traces of Klon, so no difference there...

So no problems there. But risks of being banned and technical difficulties, still not attractive...

Being banned only happens in extreme occasions/occasions of severe annoyance of the mods, ie. only sane people, and is always short-lived anyway.

And really? Complaining about the possibility of down time? From an F1 Rejects forum member? :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:And really? Complaining about the possibility of down time? From an F1 Rejects forum member? :P

True. Point taken... :oops:
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I have sort of mixed feelings about the chat. Sometimes it can be fun, but there is too much bitching and drama
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:I have sort of mixed feelings about the chat. Sometimes it can be fun, but there is too much bitching and drama

I've never been on the chat (cue massive cheers) but based on what I've read it doesnt appear to be any different to the normal forums :lol:
Just For One Day...
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

I dont think I've been on the chat room when there's been any bitching, unless it was me doing the bitching and i didnt know it...
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

dr-baker wrote:Image

Is there anyone out there who can avatar-ify this for me please? the forum still operates on "if it's <blah> wide and has less than <blah> pixels and you arent ADx_Wales you can use this picture" policies
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:

Is there anyone out there who can avatar-ify this for me please? the forum still operates on "if it's <blah> wide and has less than <blah> pixels and you arent ADx_Wales you can use this picture" policies

There you go.

Image Image
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Biscione wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:

There you go.

Much Aprecciated Biscione, thanks :)
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

You lucky, lucky people may be blessed with my presence in the chatroom this weekend during the Formula E race. I've never been on an internet chatroom before so I am preparing for the worst. :?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy