The F1 Rejects Field Trip Thread

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
midgrid

Re: The F1 Rejects Field Trip Thread

Post by midgrid »

For purely selfish reasons, I would advise coming to the BTCC meeting at Croft in June.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

midgrid wrote:For purely selfish reasons, I would advise coming to the BTCC meeting at Croft in June.

I could live with that.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Warren Hughes wrote:
midgrid wrote:For purely selfish reasons, I would advise coming to the BTCC meeting at Croft in June.

I could live with that.

Which county is Croft in?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Croft is in Yorkshire
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

North Yorkshire, but basically the north-east as its nearest major town is Darlington.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Why aye, howay the lads, etc. This is a fine idea, and not just because I'll be able to take that long-awaited Myths And Legends tour of Darlo and see if Hob Headless or the barghest of Glassensikes appears after I've had a skinful. And hopefully I won't fall into Hell's Kettles on the way down the Old Corpse Road.

Who'd have thought Darlington could be that interesting?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I'll have to give that one a miss, as it is the same weekend as the Le Mans 24 Hours.
What about a field trip to the Donington Museum?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

DanielPT wrote:Can't you guys come and see a race in somewhere in Spain? It's probably sunnier! ;)

I will definitely be in Porto for the WTCC race in Circuito da Boavista on 1-3 July. I haven't been to Porto in almost 3 years (I have close family there) and I've never seen the circuit, so I am definitely going.
Are you going to the race?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Faustus wrote:
DanielPT wrote:Can't you guys come and see a race in somewhere in Spain? It's probably sunnier! ;)

I will definitely be in Porto for the WTCC race in Circuito da Boavista on 1-3 July. I haven't been to Porto in almost 3 years (I have close family there) and I've never seen the circuit, so I am definitely going.

I definitely want to. Since I came to Porto that I wanted to see the race but never could. Last year was about to but I had to change my plans at the last moment. We can arrange something in those days.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

DanielPT wrote:
Faustus wrote:

I definitely want to. Since I came to Porto that I wanted to see the race but never could. Last year was about to but I had to change my plans at the last moment. We can arrange something in those days.

Fixe! Depois mando-te o meu número de telemóvel tuga por PM e combinamos qualquer coisa.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Faustus wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Fixe! Depois mando-te o meu número de telemóvel tuga por PM e combinamos qualquer coisa.

Porreiro! Fico à espera então. Já agora vou-me inteirar sobre o melhor sitio para se ver.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I will not buy this record, it is scratched.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dinizintheoven wrote:I will not buy this record, it is scratched.

Mon aéroglisseur est, bien évidemment, plein d'anguilles.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'm definitely attending at least one race meeting this year, not sure whether that will be bikes or cars yet, or where it will be, but I will definitely make something!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Ik vind het interessant dat sommige discussies hier willekeurig afdalen in om mensen aan het praten in een vreemde taal. Het is niet gebeurd zo veel recent, maar het is nog steeds grappig
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

eurobrun wrote:Ik vind het interessant dat sommige discussies hier willekeurig afdalen in om mensen aan het praten in een vreemde taal. Het is niet gebeurd zo veel recent, maar het is nog steeds grappig

You sound like a Wallonian politician trying to argue in dutch :|
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:Ik vind het interessant dat sommige discussies hier willekeurig afdalen in om mensen aan het praten in een vreemde taal. Het is niet gebeurd zo veel recent, maar het is nog steeds grappig

Well, in this particular case, it was a Monty Python reference, you just didn't know the context I guess...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

Well, in this particular case, it was a Monty Python reference, you just didn't know the context I guess...

Whereas I may well have got it, but I just can't understand the language.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:

Whereas I may well have got it, but I just can't understand the language.

MY NIPPLES EXPLODE WITH DELIGHT!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I didn't bother to translate the other posts from different languages, I knew what Dinizintheoven said was a Python reference though
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

tommykl wrote:

Bonsoir tout le monde. J'ai fait m'appeler, ce qu'est, en toute équité, Gendarme Blundell. À vous, terminé.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Don't do references in other languages if the languages are the ones i speak in daily life. I will not get the reference, because i would have to double translate :x
(also, i dont know the references, i'm just looking for an excuse :oops: )
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Bonsoir tout le monde. J'ai fait m'appeler, ce qu'est, en toute équité, Gendarme Blundell. À vous, terminé.

Great boobies, honeybun. My lower intestine is full of spam, egg, spam, bacon, spam,...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Well, the big news from me today is that me and a bunch of mates will be going to the British GP this year and camping over the weekend. You can rest assured that the Marussia flag I bought a while back has a 4 metre flagpole for it in the post as we speak, and I'm currently thinking up ideas for another banner to go on it with a message on. Suggestions below are of course welcome!

Anyone else know if they're going?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Well, the big news from me today is that me and a bunch of mates will be going to the British GP this year and camping over the weekend. You can rest assured that the Marussia flag I bought a while back has a 4 metre flagpole for it in the post as we speak, and I'm currently thinking up ideas for another banner to go on it with a message on. Suggestions below are of course welcome!

Silverstone is a fecking rip-off. A decent grandstand seat at Monza is £180 (which is pricey as it is), but to get a decent seat at Silverstone requires an extra £100 on top of that. If I'm going to spend all that money, I'm doing it somewhere I'm going to enjoy the environment, rather than in a bunch of soggy fields in the Midlands. Would rather spend my time in Milano than Milton Keynes.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

AndreaModa wrote:Well, the big news from me today is that me and a bunch of mates will be going to the British GP this year and camping over the weekend. You can rest assured that the Marussia flag I bought a while back has a 4 metre flagpole for it in the post as we speak, and I'm currently thinking up ideas for another banner to go on it with a message on. Suggestions below are of course welcome!

Silverstone is a fecking rip-off. A decent grandstand seat at Monza is £180 (which is pricey as it is), but to get a decent seat at Silverstone requires an extra £100 on top of that. If I'm going to spend all that money, I'm doing it somewhere I'm going to enjoy the environment, rather than in a bunch of soggy fields in the Midlands. Would rather spend my time in Milano than Milton Keynes.

Well we all know that. ;)

But yeah I do agree with you, but we've all bought General Admission tickets so not as expensive, but still £165 for the whole weekend, plus £60 for the camping.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yeah, I tried looking into getting a ticket at Silverstone and was just completely put off by the prices. It's Spa or nothing for me.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

£13 for a ticket for Malaysia!!!! Normally a good race as well.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Seriously, this revelation means me and my girlfriend are very seriously considering going to Monaco now. The only issues are A) Finding cheap accomodation in either France or Italy and B) Finding cheap transportation there.

Taking a flight to Nice is out of the question, it's both the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco GP on the same week so the cheapest flight there is about £250 each way. The next best thing is a £45 flight to Paris Beauvais, a £5 train from Beauvais to Gare du Nord, a couple of quid on the Paris Metro from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon, and £35 on the overnight TGV from Gare du Nord to Nice. Adding in local trains from Nice to Monaco, and Monaco to wherever the hotel is, that's still like £200 in travel costs per person both ways. I'm not really sure how to do it for less. Does anyone have any tips? No, I don't have a car, and I'm not old enough to rent one, so that is out of the question. It's got to be public transport or no dice.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Seriously, this revelation means me and my girlfriend are very seriously considering going to Monaco now. The only issues are A) Finding cheap accomodation in either France or Italy and B) Finding cheap transportation there.

Taking a flight to Nice is out of the question, it's both the Cannes Film Festival and Monaco GP on the same week so the cheapest flight there is about £250 each way. The next best thing is a £45 flight to Paris Beauvais, a £5 train from Beauvais to Gare du Nord, a couple of quid on the Paris Metro from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon, and £35 on the overnight TGV from Gare du Nord to Nice. Adding in local trains from Nice to Monaco, and Monaco to wherever the hotel is, that's still like £200 in travel costs per person both ways. I'm not really sure how to do it for less. Does anyone have any tips? No, I don't have a car, and I'm not old enough to rent one, so that is out of the question. It's got to be public transport or no dice.

Or car-pooling with other forum members. Probably means you'll have to get to Oostende, Zeebrugge, Nieuwpoort, Duinkerke (or whatever it's called in french) or Calais, and i'll pick you up. But going with me means: a cheap rejectful camping in little tents! (i got a few tents, don't worry about that) Don't worry about toll, toll-free roads in France are quite good, so transport costs are low. (maximum 200€ fuel, but probably even less) If you're still underage (i don't know who is and who isn't), i might need some extra travel insurance, i'm not sure about how the laws work.
I'm not sure if that £30 is right (edit, i checked, it isn't), but it there's one ticket that costs 75€ (for sunday) at 'Rocher' (i'm not sure what part of the circuit that is) if that certain corner is sold-out, it isn't cheap at all, and you would be better of in a different GP.
But i'm only doing this if we can get a large enough group of people, and i advice against it.

I suggest the Spa 24hours instead, that looks very reasonable, and is actually affordable to stay for the whole 4 days that you're allowed to stay. I suppose camping costs can be shared, altough i find no information on about how many people are allowed per camping spot (a camping spot is 40 m²)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Seriously, this revelation means me and my girlfriend are very seriously considering going to Monaco now. The only issues are A) Finding cheap accomodation in either France or Italy and B) Finding cheap transportation there.

I can help you with A: Hotel Miramar, Cap d'Ail - right on the border with Monaco. It was fine for me, and the best deal I could find so close to Monaco. Get in there and you're sorted. It's 20 minutes' walk from the Monaco border, mainly because due to the steep slops it's not a straight line. Of course it costs nothing to walk, which couldn't be done from Nice or Ventimiglia...

I should point out I was there a week before the Grand Prix while they were setting up the advertising boards, not on the weekend, so either don't expect it to be 63 euros a night (as it was in a slightly-upgraded room in 2008, I could have had a proper bog-standard scratcher for 40-odd), or expect it to have booked solid already.

Info:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... vence.html

Tell Béatrice I sent you. And whatever you do, don't miss the museum with Prince Rainier's personal car collection, with its strange mobile structure made of parts of a 1983 Renault RE40.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Tell Beatrice you sent him? "Yeah, I got a recommendation from this guy, er, dinizintheoven?" She'll know exactly who he means.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Warren Hughes wrote:Tell Beatrice you sent him? "Yeah, I got a recommendation from this guy, er, dinizintheoven?" She'll know exactly who he means.

Well, in dinizintheoven's defence, she might be a lurker, if not a member, of this forum!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

DanielPT wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:Tell Beatrice you sent him? "Yeah, I got a recommendation from this guy, er, dinizintheoven?" She'll know exactly who he means.

Well, in dinizintheoven's defence, she might be a lurker, if not a member, of this forum!

Or maybe...dinizintheoven IS Beatrice :o :shock: Mind=blown :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Or maybe...dinizintheoven IS Beatrice :o :shock: Mind=blown :P

I assure you I'm not. She is 20-odd years older than me, is French, and the other difference should be obvious.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dinizintheoven wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Or maybe...dinizintheoven IS Beatrice :o :shock: Mind=blown :P

I assure you I'm not. She is 20-odd years older than me, is French, and the other difference should be obvious.

... she's not on F1 Rejects?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

redbulljack14 wrote:

Gatwick or Stansted to Marseille Provence Airport, Marseille Airport to Monaco by train.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

dinizintheoven wrote:

She's a HAAS Lola. No wait, they weren't French.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

... she's not on F1 Rejects?

She enjoys eating grenouilles?
MCard LOLA