Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The F1 Rejects Field Trip Thread

Post by Faustus »

DanielPT wrote:
Faustus wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
I definitely want to. Since I came to Porto that I wanted to see the race but never could. Last year was about to but I had to change my plans at the last moment. We can arrange something in those days.

Fixe! Depois mando-te o meu número de telemóvel tuga por PM e combinamos qualquer coisa.

Porreiro! Fico à espera então. Já agora vou-me inteirar sobre o melhor sitio para se ver.

Still up for Boavista?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Faustus wrote:Turns out that I am definitely going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year, after being away since 2003. I'm only going at the weekend, so Saturday the 13th and Sunday the 14th. £57 per day. Undoubtedly not the cheapest day out, but I'm going with my father who is coming from Portugal especially for it and I haven't been to a motorsport event with my father for almost 20 years.

Just bought my tickets for friday and saturday. Anyone else going?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Faustus wrote:
Still up for Boavista?

Oh dear... I have seen this only now. Yes, still up for Boavista and you?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

DanielPT wrote:
Faustus wrote:
Still up for Boavista?

Unfortunately no, I can't. I'm too busy with work so I can't go to Portugal until September. Desculpa pá.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Faustus wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Faustus wrote:
Still up for Boavista?

Unfortunately no, I can't. I'm too busy with work so I can't go to Portugal until September. Desculpa pá.

Sem problema. It is me who apologises for not having seen your post before.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I plan to be at Lime Rock for the ALMS weekend. First major race I'll ever attend.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I plan to be at Lime Rock for the ALMS weekend. First major race I'll ever attend.

Take photos and share them with us, please!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I plan to be at Lime Rock for the ALMS weekend. First major race I'll ever attend.

Lime Rock is the only race track I have seen in person, if you don't count street tracks. So please, take some photos as I don't have any from there and have only seen turn 1 :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
UncreativeUsername37

Faustus wrote:Take photos and share them with us, please!

go_Rubens wrote:Lime Rock is the only race track I have seen in person, if you don't count street tracks. So please, take some photos as I don't have any from there and have only seen turn 1 :lol:

I don't have a camera. I'm going with my mother, so I'll see if she can bring hers, and I'll try to take a few pictures even though I'm quite bad at it.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

go_Rubens wrote:Lime Rock is the only race track I have seen in person, if you don't count street tracks. So please, take some photos as I don't have any from there and have only seen turn 1 :lol:

I don't have a camera. I'm going with my mother, so I'll see if she can bring hers, and I'll try to take a few pictures even though I'm quite bad at it.

This thread hasn't got a review of Lime Rock... yet! Prepared to give a review when you get back?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

dr-baker wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

This thread hasn't got a review of Lime Rock... yet! Prepared to give a review when you get back?

Indeed I will. Prepare for one of the most massive bumps in non-spambot history.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'll be going adventuring soon in one of Dr-baker's favourite places (or at least where I think is one of those favourite places judging by the Perry McCarthy forum). And as I steadily run out of time to make such adventures, another of those I intend to make is to the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Something tells me that might be a decent place for an F1 Rejects Field Trip. If anyone's got a weekend free in August I'll target it at that.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:I'll be going adventuring soon in one of Dr-baker's favourite places (or at least where I think is one of those favourite places judging by the Perry McCarthy forum). And as I steadily run out of time to make such adventures, another of those I intend to make is to the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Something tells me that might be a decent place for an F1 Rejects Field Trip. If anyone's got a weekend free in August I'll target it at that.

Beaulieu is amongst my favourite places! (Do I give the impression that Hampshire and the New Forest is amongst my favourite places though? I prefer the Isle of Man and Brands Hatch... :? ). In the New Forest, I was once driving in convoy, following my mum in her Mini, when a cow just gently strolled out into the road between us and stopped in the road. I had to wait several minutes to be able to get round for fear of scaring it into something rash and damaging...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I'll be going adventuring soon in one of Dr-baker's favourite places (or at least where I think is one of those favourite places judging by the Perry McCarthy forum). And as I steadily run out of time to make such adventures, another of those I intend to make is to the Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Beaulieu is amongst my favourite places! (Do I give the impression that Hampshire and the New Forest is amongst my favourite places though? I prefer the Isle of Man and Brands Hatch... :? ). In the New Forest, I was once driving in convoy, following my mum in her Mini, when a cow just gently strolled out into the road between us and stopped in the road. I had to wait several minutes to be able to get round for fear of scaring it into something rash and damaging...

Yeah, I would be up for that if I can persuade dad to take me there
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Looks like a field trip is already being organised to the Silverstone Young Driver Test on the Thursday in another thread, but is this trip to Beaulieu still being planned? Because I'll still be up for it if so. My suggestions for an August date would be either 10th or 24th (both Saturdays).
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

It was less of a plan and more of a suggestion, but if I find a bit of spare cash, I'll pick the 24th.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I m guessing that this may not be happening?
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:I m guessing that this may not be happening?

At this rate, you'll be lucky to get some speed on he m3
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:

At this rate, you'll be lucky to get some speed on the M3

I don't do drugs. Definitely not on the motorway.

Oh, you didn't mean that kind of speed? Sorry, I must have misunderstood. But surely it's easy to get some speed from the M3?

;) ;) ;)
MCard LOLA
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

roblomas52 wrote:At this rate, you'll be lucky to get some speed on he m3

Not if you know the right people ;)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

At this rate, you'll be lucky to get some speed on the M3

Oh, you didn't mean that kind of speed? Sorry, I must have misunderstood. But surely it's easy to get some speed from the M3?

;) ;) ;)

Nah I was on about the roadworks there doing there but they will be done before August 24th
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Nah I was on about the roadworks there doing there but they will be done before August 24th

Subtlety? Irony? Oh, never mind... :roll:
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:At this rate, you'll be lucky to get some speed on the M3

[/img]

;) ;) ;)

Nah I was on about the roadworks there doing there but they will be done before August 24th

I was on the M3 to get to Portsmouth today, seemed ok to me.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I don't do drugs. Definitely not on the motorway.

[/img]

;) ;) ;)

I was on the M3 to get to Portsmouth today, seemed ok to me.

It's because they are doing the road works at night I.E right now
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, an update: I'm going to be severely short of cash throughout August, so I wonder if it's better to think about Beaulieu later in the year - if it's open, I have no idea if they shut their doors for the tourist off-season. If they'll still be open, I reckon on targeting when the school half-term is most likely to be, just to keep the option open for those who haven't passed their A-levels yet.

I don't think I'd be going anywhere near the M3 anyway. There's got to be a more direct route.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:So, an update: I'm going to be severely short of cash throughout August, so I wonder if it's better to think about Beaulieu later in the year - if it's open, I have no idea if they shut their doors for the tourist off-season. If they'll still be open, I reckon on targeting when the school half-term is most likely to be, just to keep the option open for those who haven't passed their A-levels yet.

I don't think I'd be going anywhere near the M3 anyway. There's got to be a more direct route.

Here's the Museum's website. It's open 364 days per year. £21 per adult, 10% discount if you order online at least a day in advance. Opening times typically 10 - 5 (until 6 in summer). There's a fireworks display on 26th October that we may aim for?
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:So, an update: I'm going to be severely short of cash throughout August, so I wonder if it's better to think about Beaulieu later in the year - if it's open, I have no idea if they shut their doors for the tourist off-season. If they'll still be open, I reckon on targeting when the school half-term is most likely to be, just to keep the option open for those who haven't passed their A-levels yet.

Here's the Museum's website. It's open 364 days per year. £21 per adult, 10% discount if you order online at least a day in advance. Opening times typically 10 - 5 (until 6 in summer). There's a fireworks display on 26th October that we may aim for?

That sounds like a plan. August is terrible for me with work and I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks in September. October sounds great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Here's the Museum's website. It's open 364 days per year. £21 per adult, 10% discount if you order online at least a day in advance. Opening times typically 10 - 5 (until 6 in summer). There's a fireworks display on 26th October that we may aim for?

That sounds like a plan. August is terrible for me with work and I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks in September. October sounds great.

yeah i'll be up for it if I ask my Dad!

:EDIT:
can't go because I have a weading to go to in Essex :cry:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Short notice I know, but is anyone up for Brands Hatch this weekend? It's the Lotus Festival:

http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calendar/2 ... tival.aspx

I'm thinking of going sunday. £18 for 1 day in advance, £22 at the gate, or £28 for the weekend.
I'm only 15 miles away and the weather is looking good for the weekend, so I just need to check with the fiancee.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:Short notice I know, but is anyone up for Brands Hatch this weekend? It's the Lotus Festival:

I'm thinking of going sunday. £18 for 1 day in advance, £22 at the gate, or £28 for the weekend.
I'm only 15 miles away and the weather is looking good for the weekend, so I just need to check with the fiancee.

I would have, but I have a ferry to catch early Monday morning and spending the night near the ferry terminal at Poole. If it weren't for that, I would have been there.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Faustus wrote:Short notice I know, but is anyone up for Brands Hatch this weekend? It's the Lotus Festival:

Would have said yes if it wasn't so short notice, but I'm otherwise occupied!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

THREAD RESURRECTION!

I just wanted to gauge interest for a visit to Beaulieu Motor Museum as I know its something we have looked at as a forum before. I fancy going at some point and wanted to extend the invite!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:THREAD RESURRECTION!

I just wanted to gauge interest for a visit to Beaulieu Motor Museum as I know its something we have looked at as a forum before. I fancy going at some point and wanted to extend the invite!

I could still be up for that from late September onwards.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:

I could still be up for that from late September onwards.

I might be up for it.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think I could do it on the 27th September.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

It's a marvellous idea, seeing as there was no Young Drivers' Test this year. I'll keep that weekend free!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Did anyone go to Beaulieu?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:

:oops: No. Other than what was posted in this thread, I knew nothing. I think it needs more organising than what went above. With one person taking charge of organising it. Which I may do one day?
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:

:oops: No. Other than what was posted in this thread, I knew nothing. I think it needs more organising than what went above. With one person taking charge of organising it. Which I may do one day?

I would up for a trip to Beaulieu after the New Year. I am not allowed to drive until the 24th of December and I have stuff already arranged until the New Year, but I would definitely be up for it. It's only 120 miles for me.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Yeah, I ended up being busy :oops:

I might well go in the new year.