Reject of the race leaderboard

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
tc3j3r

Re: Reject of the race leaderboard

Post by tc3j3r »

Leaderboard updated for Barcelona. Senna rises from 44th to 26th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Leaderboard updated for Monaco. Pastor Maldonado climbs from joint 26th to joint 22nd with his 3rd RotR. He must have one of the highest Races Competed In:RotRs ratios of any driver...
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

tc3j3r wrote:Leaderboard updated for Monaco. Pastor Maldonado climbs from joint 26th to joint 22nd with his 3rd RotR. He must have one of the highest Races Competed In:RotRs ratios of any driver...

It will be hard for anyone to beat Yuji Ide though!

By the way, you still have Maldonado listed as having 2 RotRs in the first post - just thought I'd let you know in case you don't check it again.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Ed24 wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:Leaderboard updated for Monaco. Pastor Maldonado climbs from joint 26th to joint 22nd with his 3rd RotR. He must have one of the highest Races Competed In:RotRs ratios of any driver...

It will be hard for anyone to beat Yuji Ide though!

By the way, you still have Maldonado listed as having 2 RotRs in the first post - just thought I'd let you know in case you don't check it again.

Fixed, thanks. Yes, Ide will be very tough indeed to beat, but Maldonado has certainly set a good benchmark for getting to 3 RotRs quickly.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

I just scanned through the whole list, and I'm pretty sure no one's ever going to overtake Neil Horan in ROTR/apperances ratio.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

QuickYoda41 wrote:I just scanned through the whole list, and I'm pretty sure no one's ever going to overtake Neil Horan in ROTR/apperances ratio.

So that's why the Canadian students act like pricks - they want to match that record. :lol:
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Klon wrote:
QuickYoda41 wrote:I just scanned through the whole list, and I'm pretty sure no one's ever going to overtake Neil Horan in ROTR/apperances ratio.

So that's why the Canadian students act like pricks - they want to match that record. :lol:

Thy will only match Pele,Crazy ex-Mercedes Employee and the stumbling marshal though.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

WaffleCat wrote:Thy will only match Pele,Crazy ex-Mercedes Employee and the stumbling marshal though.

Sounds like good company to me. :lol:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

What did Pele get it for? I assume it's for his flag-waving fail?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

AdrianSutil wrote:What did Pele get it for? I assume it's for his flag-waving fail?

Yes.

Btw, how we can be sure that stumbling marshal hasn't been participating in any other (Canadian) Grand Prix?
James1978

Post by James1978 »

What about Jamie & Enoch? :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

WaffleCat wrote:
Klon wrote:

Thy will only match Pele,Crazy ex-Mercedes Employee and the stumbling marshal though.

Not Pele as he was definitely present for at least one other GP - I remember him presenting something to MSC at Brazil 2006 for what was supposed to be his last race - he may well have been at others, I don't know, but Brazil 2002 certainly wasn't his only race. As for the others, we can't be certain that any of them haven't attended at least one other F1 race at some point since the RotR awards started, albeit in a much quiter capacity, so I think it's better to just limit talk about ratios to drivers and teams. Speakling of teams, McLaren must have the lowest rato for any entity that has received an RotR (or part of one), just 0.11 points from receiving 1/9th of the Japan 2002 RotR, despite competing in every single race at which an RotR was awarded. Rather surprising that they haven't got any more, don't you think...

Edit: Just realized there's another type of thing which we can be sure exactly how many races they've been prsent sure and therefore know their ratio - circuits. Hungaroring in 2002 and Valencia in 2008 are the two circuits to have got RotR, and Valencia currently matches Ide with 1 RotR in 4 races. Of course, it had an even better ratio before last year's race, and a perfect 1:1 after its first race, which I'm not sure any other driver/team/circuit ever has, except the Great Alex Wurz who got the first ever RotR.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

tc3j3r wrote:Not Pele as he was definitely present for at least one other GP - I remember him presenting something to MSC at Brazil 2006 for what was supposed to be his last race

Ah yes, Kimi was too busy having a shite at the time.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Leaderboard updated for Canada. Button rises from 12th to 4th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Valencia. Alternators debut in joint-45th.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

tc3j3r wrote:Updated for Valencia. Alternators debut in joint-45th.

That Alternators guy promises to be very rejectful, I'm telling you all...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

"I didn't know what an alternator looks like so I found this one on Google"

Brilliant. :lol:

Should have gone to Renault alternators, but I digress.

Also, I found this:
1) Michael Schumacher __________ 9.00
2) Giancarlo Fisichella ___________ 7.06
3) Kimi Raikkonen ______________ 6.06
4) Jenson Button _______________ 5.22
6) Williams ____________________ 5.11

Hmm...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Also, I found this:
1) Michael Schumacher __________ 9.00
2) Giancarlo Fisichella ___________ 7.06
3) Kimi Raikkonen ______________ 6.06
4) Jenson Button _______________ 5.22
6) Williams ____________________ 5.11

Hmm...

Not sure how that happened, but it's fixed now. :)
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for SIlverstone. Nico Rosberg moves from joint 19th to joint 13th, level with Mark Webber and Vitantonio Liuzzi.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Hockenheim. Podium interviews debut in joint 45th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Hungary. Michael Schumacher increases his lead at the top to just under 3 RotRs over 2nd place (Fisichella), and just over 4 RotRs over the nearest active driver (Raikkonen) by becoming the first entity to reach double figures!

This is also his 3rd RotR in Hungary (previously 2006, 2010), the only other example I can think of is Fisichella getting the Turkey RotR 3 years in a row in 06-07-08, all for causing 1st corner accidents...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm wondering how many times Schumacher could have got RotR for occasions before 2000, what could his tally have been?

Just thinking off the top of my head he could have got it for:

France 1992
Europe 1993
Hungary 1993 (didn't he spin about 4 times?)
Britain 1994
Australia 1994
Monaco 1996 (though there were lots of deserving parties that day!)
Europe 1997
Monaco 1998

Belgium 1998 is a possibility but I'd say Coulthard was a lot more deserving on that one!

That would bring his tally to 18!! :lol:
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

James1978 wrote:Europe 1993

Nah. That award should probably go to Michael Andretti for trying to follow teammate Senna's progress through the field in the first lap. Instead, he took himself and Karl Wendlinger out of the race on lap 1 :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

James1978 wrote:Monaco 1996 (though there were lots of deserving parties that day!)

I think Monaco 1996 could have been a Canada 2007-style shareout, maybe everyone except the 3 finishers?

Canada 1999 is another possibility, maybe shared with the other 2 champions who also hit the Wall of Champions (Hill & Villeneuve)?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Might Schumi have won it at Silverstone 1999 (when he broke his legs while racing Irvine after the red flags had already been thrown)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

tc3j3r wrote:
James1978 wrote:Monaco 1996 (though there were lots of deserving parties that day!)

I think Monaco 1996 could have been a Canada 2007-style shareout, maybe everyone except the 3 finishers?

Canada 1999 is another possibility, maybe shared with the other 2 champions who also hit the Wall of Champions (Hill & Villeneuve)?

I'd think the same for Monaco '96 - that still gives some part for Schumi. :)

I'd guess in Canada '99 the ROTR would actually go for the Wall of Champions like the Curva do Sol got one in 2003.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Actually, I believe the RotR in Monaco 1996 should go to Damon Hill's Renault engine. For once he drives like a World Champion, and the powerplant fails on him. A very reliable one, furthermore.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Spa. Maldonado jumps from joint 22nd to 19th, whiel Grosjean jumps from joint 45th to joint 37th.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Only one and a half seasons in an Maldonado is already 19th all-time. Somebody just give him the ROTY award!
Trulli bad puns...
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

He might have competition from Massa!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

tc3j3r wrote:He might have competition from Massa!

At least Massa doesn't endlessly crash cars! Also, Massa is ahead of Maldonado in the championship.
Trulli bad puns...
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

At least Maldonado's won a race! Maldonado was ahead in the championship until Spa, so we'll see which of the two comes out on top. But championship position has never been the only factor behind the rankings anyway. I think Massa has a better car, although it's very difficult to say for certain because one Ferrari driver is overperforming and the other is underperforming. But at this stage, on the basis that Maldonado has had one great race and Massa has had none, I would put Massa in gold position on the ROTY podium and Maldonado at the silver. Bronze is more difficult. But there's still nearly half the season to go, so we'll see what happens...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tc3j3r wrote:At least Maldonado's won a race! Maldonado was ahead in the championship until Spa, so we'll see which of the two comes out on top. But championship position has never been the only factor behind the rankings anyway. I think Massa has a better car, although it's very difficult to say for certain because one Ferrari driver is overperforming and the other is underperforming. But at this stage, on the basis that Maldonado has had one great race and Massa has had none, I would put Massa in gold position on the ROTY podium and Maldonado at the silver. Bronze is more difficult. But there's still nearly half the season to go, so we'll see what happens...

But the muppet Maldonado's the main reason that Williams are 8th in the constructors championship instead of, say, 5th or 6th so I'd still put Maldonado as ROTY.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tc3j3r wrote:At least Maldonado's won a race! Maldonado was ahead in the championship until Spa, so we'll see which of the two comes out on top. But championship position has never been the only factor behind the rankings anyway. I think Massa has a better car, although it's very difficult to say for certain because one Ferrari driver is overperforming and the other is underperforming. But at this stage, on the basis that Maldonado has had one great race and Massa has had none, I would put Massa in gold position on the ROTY podium and Maldonado at the silver. Bronze is more difficult. But there's still nearly half the season to go, so we'll see what happens...

Bronze? Grosjean, for having the dubious honour of being the the first driver in 18 years to pick up a race ban, and for 7 incidents in 12 races. Although to be honest, out of Massa, Grosjean, and Maldonado, I don't know which order I would place them all.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Wizzie wrote:

But the muppet Maldonado's the main reason that Williams are 8th in the constructors championship instead of, say, 5th or 6th so I'd still put Maldonado as ROTY.

But Ferrari could be 2nd instead of 4th if they had someone quicker than Massa... ;)

dr-baker wrote:

Bronze? Grosjean, for having the dubious honour of being the the first driver in 18 years to pick up a race ban, and for 7 incidents in 12 races. Although to be honest, out of Massa, Grosjean, and Maldonado, I don't know which order I would place them all.

The thing is Grosjean has had quite a few strong races when he hasn't been in incidents. I guess he will probably be one of the most divisive drivers at this stage, appearing in wildly different positions on different people's rankings. For me his position will very much depend on which Grosjean turns up for his last seven races. He could be in the top half, or he could be a candidate for bronze.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

This is one of those occasions where I wish the award didn't have to be shared - if you ask me both Grosjean and Maldonado both deserve a full point for their Spa performances!!! :)
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Yes definitely, they both got off lightly here, but I have to stick to the system I've used for the past 3.5 years.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Isn't Maldonado the first driver who has got the award three times during the season? Even though the last one was only shared award.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Leaderboard updated for Monza. Red Bull improve from 46th to 27th, level with their former driver Christian Klien amongst other entities.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Singpore. Karthikeyan debuts in joint 47th.