Reject of the race leaderboard

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
tc3j3r

Re: Reject of the race leaderboard

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for China. The Chinese GP marshals debut in joint 54th, joining the Chinese GP chequered flag official and the Chinese GP drain covers! It's fair to say that China doesn't have the greatest organization/infrastructure...
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Bahrain & Spain. I decided to count Renault engines separately from the Renault team, so they debut in joint 54th, while McLaren rise from joint 48th to joint 29th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Monaco & canada. The Lynch Mob Mentality debuts in joint 54th, while Romain Grosjean jumps fromn 21st to 15th.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Question I'm just pondering:

Should we update this with the new reject of the race awards, merging them with Jenoch's, or should we start a new thread for the 2017 onward awards?
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

I'm fairly easy going on this, but something about a new thread appeals - marking a bit of a change and reflecting that some of the history isnt too relevant now
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Thanks for the feedback. I realise we haven't had really had many definitive Rejects of the Race between the original site going down and the beginning of 2017. Not blowing my own trumpet here, but Predicament Predictions allowed us to decide once and for all what the actual Reject of the Race was under the "community era" of the website.

I'd like to hear others' opinions on this. I personally would like to see a new leaderboard and record of all the ROTRs and IIDOTRs since the beginning of 2017. Analysing retrospective ones in the interim period would be too much hassle and time for what it's worth, but if anyone disagrees or has a solution, don't hesitate to say so :)
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Yeah, I would like to see an updated leaderboard myself, although I obviously never cared quite enough to actually say anything. But I did think about it a couple times, if that's worth anything. I agree that keeping a separate "forum-decided era" leaderboard would make sense, and at that point it would be a minimal amount of effort to make a combined one too (although I don't know how to deal with the small period where there were awards from both "sides"). And yeah, retrospective shouldn't count.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in