Reject of the race leaderboard

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
good_Ralf

Re: Reject of the race leaderboard

Post by good_Ralf »

I'll try Fisichella, because he's had quite a few.

1) Malaysia 2001 (Fisico 76): Got his grid parking wrong and stalled trying to correct it, causing an aborted start
2) Europe 2002 (Fisico 100): His 100th race start saw him qualify 18th before he caused a teammate collision with Sato at the first corner
3) Turkey 2006 (Fisico 173): Half the field were diverted off track by that spin (indirectly resulting in Monteiro's and Raikkonen's retirements and Heidfeld doing b***er-all for the rest of the afternoon), supposedly on purpose to avoid a collision with Alonso
4) Turkey 2007 (Fisico 189 ): Repeated his trick from last year on Trulli
5) Turkey 2008 (Fisico 199): His 3rd straight dose of mayhem at the first corner, this time on Nakajima
6) Italy 2008 (Fisico 208): Wasted another crack at points for Force India when he collides with Coulthard and crashes out
7) Abu Dhabi 2009 (Fisico 229): That was his last race for Ferrari and in F1 altogether (to date)? Dead last on grid, with a DTP as well.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:I'll try Fisichella, because he's had quite a few.

1) Malaysia 2001 (Fisico 76): Got his grid parking wrong and stalled trying to correct it, causing an aborted start
2) Europe 2002 (Fisico 100): His 100th race start saw him qualify 18th before he caused a teammate collision with Sato at the first corner
3) Turkey 2006 (Fisico 173): Half the field were diverted off track by that spin (indirectly resulting in Monteiro's and Raikkonen's retirements and Heidfeld doing b***er-all for the rest of the afternoon), supposedly on purpose to avoid a collision with Alonso
5) Turkey 2008 (Fisico 199): His 3rd straight dose of mayhem at the first corner, this time on Nakajima
6) Italy 2008 (Fisico 208): Wasted another crack at points for Force India when he collides with Coulthard and crashes out
7) Abu Dhabi 2009 (Fisico 229): That was his last race for Ferrari and in F1 altogether (to date)? Dead last on grid, with a DTP as well.

I've done this for every single driver on the current grid in my Complete list of ROTR'S. I'll trust you to put all the past drivers on if you want
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Just missing 1/18th of Canada 2007, for ignoring a red light on the pit lane exit resulting in his disqualification!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Kimi-ICE wrote:

I've done this for every single driver on the current grid in my Complete list of ROTR'S. I'll trust you to put all the past drivers on if you want

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

No problem :D . But remember in the Complete List of ROTR's in the JDD forum please
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

good_Ralf, you forgot to mention Canada '07 when Fisi got ROTR with 17 other drivers. Just saying...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tc3j3r wrote:Just missing 1/18th of Canada 2007, for ignoring a red light on the pit lane exit resulting in his disqualification!

go_Rubens wrote:good_Ralf, you forgot to mention Canada '07 when Fisi got ROTR with 17 other drivers. Just saying...

I think you're a little slow off the mark there, go_rubens. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:Just missing 1/18th of Canada 2007, for ignoring a red light on the pit lane exit resulting in his disqualification!

go_Rubens wrote:good_Ralf, you forgot to mention Canada '07 when Fisi got ROTR with 17 other drivers. Just saying...

:oops: Maybe I just missed when the lights went out or forgot how to use the clutch paddle on the steering wheel :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

go_Rubens wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

:oops: Maybe I just missed when the lights went out or forgot how to use the clutch paddle on the steering wheel :lol:

Blame it on a mechanical issue.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I think what BCS means by a little slow off the mark would be my forgetting to use the damned clutch paddle :lol:

Just saying, UgncreativeUsergname.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

go_Rubens wrote:I think what BCS means by a little slow off the mark would be my forgetting to use the damned clutch paddle :lol:

Just saying, UgncreativeUsergname.

Yes, but you say something was wrong with the clutch so that nobody blames you. Trust me, it'll work.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Giedo van der Garde debuts in joint 47th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

The Tyre Debate and Bianchi's Phantom Marussia debut in joint 47th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Force India leap from joint 47th to joint 29th.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Spa. Enoch seemed to imply that Sebastian Vettel's blond rinse should be considered a separate entity from Vettel himself so I treated it as such.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Since the last 6 races of 2008 and the last 4 races of 2011 weren't reviewed can someone explain to me those ROTR choices
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Since the last 6 races of 2008 and the last 4 races of 2011 weren't reviewed can someone explain to me those ROTR choices

If you don't mind...

Belgium 2008 - The Stewards - Their time penalty was stupid. Even if Hamilton has not ceded the lead after the Bus Stop he most certainly would have done so in that incident at Fagnes. Also when Raikkonen spun Hamilton legitimately took the lead, but the penalty was still put into effect.

Italy 2008 - Giancarlo Fisichella - Of 20 starters, he was the only retirement, clipping Coulthard, damaging his front wing and shortly going nose first into the barriers at Parabolica. Given how he started somewhere like 12th in those adverse conditions, he held Force India's best chance of points that year apart from Monaco and possibly Brazil, but instead he threw it away. The award could have gone to Bourdais' anti-stall device for failing at the most crucial moment of his career. He could have scored points and been right up with Vettel but through no fault of his own, he lost everything.

Singapore 2008 - Ferrari - Everyone made plenty of mistakes, with Massa's pitstop going wrong, Raikkonen crashing out and ending his title chances and Felipe spinning trying to avoid the retiring Trulli. They scored no points for the first time in 2 years as a result and if Massa hadn't gone too early, he would have been champion...

Japan 2008 - Japan itself - After clashing with Coulthard, Nakajima finished last on home soil. At their home race, Honda were the slowest cars in qualifying apart from the Force Indias and Nakajima aside, came last. So Japan's three best hopes all had dismal races, the Honda drivers and KN the only ones to be lapped. At Toyota, Trulli lost the chance to score a podium, while Glock's seat broke and that put him out. Of course, earlier in the year, Super Aguri went bust as well.

China 2008 - Sebastien Bourdais - Apart from when Raikkonen ceded 2nd to Massa, which is justifiable, hardly anything happened all race. Only the start was exciting, where Bourdais hit Trulli and spun him out. That was it.

Brazil 2008 - Felipe Massa's entourage - When Hamilton passed Glock, the exuberance at Ferrari should have stopped then and there. But even after Lewis took that 5th place, they were still celebrating Massa's phantom title success and on world feed too! Then they realised what had happened, with a Ferrari mechanic banging the wall hard.

tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Monza. Paul di Resta jumps from joint 48th to joint 29th, now level with his team Force India!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Singapore. FIA stewards jump from 11th to 5th, interestingly just ahead of Lewis Hamilton, who's been on the receiving end of their decisions a fair few times, one of which led to them getting RotR...
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Korea. The Fire Marshall's jeep debuts in joint 49th.
Last edited by tc3j3r on 10 Oct 2013, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

tc3j3r wrote:Updated for Korea. The fire truck driver debuts in joint 49th.

Where did you find that? I can't see it
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:Updated for Korea. The fire truck driver debuts in joint 49th.

Where did you find that? I can't see it

Announced on the podcast. Just as it used to in the good ole pre-forum days!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Japan. Van der Garde and Bianchi debut in joint 118th, level with Jamie & Enoch among others.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

tc3j3r wrote:Updated for Japan. Van der Garde and Bianchi debut in joint 118th, level with Jamie & Enoch among others.

Umm, GVDG already won ROTR at Canada earlier in the season
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

So he was. Silly me. :oops:
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

van der Garde is the fourth driver who gets more than one ROTR during his debut season? Klien in 2004 and Massa in 2002 got two each. Hamilton also got one and half on his first season.

Then of course Grsjn got one and half in his first full season but none in his first partial one.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Bleu wrote:van der Garde is the fourth driver who gets more than one ROTR during his debut season? Klien in 2004 and Massa in 2002 got two each. Hamilton also got one and half on his first season.

Then of course Grsjn got one and half in his first full season but none in his first partial one.

I think that leaves only Vergne and Chilton as the only drivers on the grid not to get a ROTR award at the moment
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Bleu wrote:van der Garde is the fourth driver who gets more than one ROTR during his debut season? Klien in 2004 and Massa in 2002 got two each. Hamilton also got one and half on his first season.

I think that leaves only Vergne and Chilton as the only drivers on the grid not to get a ROTR award at the moment

Bottas is third one without ROTR.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think that leaves only Vergne and Chilton as the only drivers on the grid not to get a ROTR award at the moment

Vergne deserved the ROTR award at last year's Valencia race, having dangerously swiped Kovalainen on the straight, taking himself out as a result with the consequences of the incident turning the entire race on its head.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think that leaves only Vergne and Chilton as the only drivers on the grid not to get a ROTR award at the moment

Vergne deserved the ROTR award at last year's Valencia race, having dangerously swiped Kovalainen on the straight, taking himself out as a result with the consequences of the incident turning the entire race on its head.

Jamie and Enoch let him off because Vergne shaped an awesome second half of the race after the first half pointed to Vettel's most dominant Victory yet.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:

Jamie and Enoch let him off because Vergne shaped an awesome second half of the race after the first half pointed to Vettel's most dominant Victory yet.

He was still awful in that race, if I remember correctly, Autosport gave him a 0 rating for that race. I'm not sure they've ever given anyone else a 0/10 for a race.

If they have, please say as i'm quite interested to hear about it.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Charles Pic has never got RotR either yet has he?

And I THINK (but don't quote me on it) Schumacher got 0/10 for Hungary last year.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Since the last 6 races of 2008 and the last 4 races of 2011 weren't reviewed can someone explain to me those ROTR choices

Japan 2008 - Japan itself - After clashing with Coulthard, Nakajima finished last on home soil. At their home race, Honda were the slowest cars in qualifying apart from the Force Indias and Nakajima aside, came last. So Japan's three best hopes all had dismal races, the Honda drivers and KN the only ones to be lapped. At Toyota, Trulli lost the chance to score a podium, while Glock's seat broke and that put him out. Of course, earlier in the year, Super Aguri went bust as well.

Maybe this should be divided up in the leaderboard to the different elements? Like we have seen with other RotRs e.g. Korea 2012.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for India. In the highest movement for some time, Raikkonen leapfrogs his former Ferrari team-mate Fisichella for 2nd spot!

Ed24 wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:

Maybe this should be divided up in the leaderboard to the different elements? Like we have seen with other RotRs e.g. Korea 2012.

The caption on the front page said "Japan" not "the Japanese drivers/teams" and had a satellite picture of Japan. IIRC they mentioned something about giving it to the whole of Japan on the podcast, but it was 5 years ago and I don't have time to check now, I'll check tomorrow.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Abu Dhabi. Kimi Raikkonen becomes the first driver/team/entity ever to receive 2 consecutive full RotRs, but stays 2nd and still needs 2 more to overhaul Schumacher...
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for COTA. Pastor Maldonado jumps from joint 13th to 7th, overtaking his team Williams!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

tc3j3r wrote:Updated for COTA. Pastor Maldonado jumps from joint 13th to 7th, overtaking his team Williams!

Just proves how prone he is to our nominations for ROTR
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

tc3j3r wrote:Updated for COTA. Pastor Maldonado jumps from joint 13th to 7th, overtaking his team Williams!

The number of ROTR awards he's received wasn't edited in, it should now be 5.50 instead of 4.50.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Fixed, thanks.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Updated for Brazil. Massa leaps from joint-10th to 5th, so is now officially more rejectful than his old team Ferrari and his old sparring partner Lewis Hamilton.