Listening to the podcast while the main site is down

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Bobby Doorknobs

Listening to the podcast while the main site is down

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I've already posted this before in the ROTY thread, but if anyone feels like listening to the podcast, you can still do so here: http://web.archive.org/web/201407180200 ... index.html

Unfortunately it hasn't archived any podcasts made since last year's Bahspanacoadian GP Edition, but it's something. :)
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Re: Listening to the podcast while the main site is down

Post by dinizintheoven »

Talking of which, did anyone manage to download the most recent podcast before the main site keeled over?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I have quite a few around here. Mainly (from most recent to older):

2014-09-28
2014-08-25
2014-07-31
2014-06-02
2014-04-27
2014-03-17
2014-03-07
2014-01-26
2013-12-31
2013-11-11
2013-04-16
2013-03-09
2013-02-03
2012-08-13
2011-10-30
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:Talking of which, did anyone manage to download the most recent podcast before the main site keeled over?

I did. I have copies of each and every one. And in several places just to make sure they're safe. Assuming you might want a copy?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:Talking of which, did anyone manage to download the most recent podcast before the main site keeled over?

I did. I have copies of each and every one. And in several places just to make sure they're safe. Assuming you might want a copy?

Correct. The day I planned to grab it, the site went down.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Wonder if emailing it is an option?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I did. I have copies of each and every one. And in several places just to make sure they're safe. Assuming you might want a copy?

Wonder if emailing it is an option?

Use dropbox baker. I will soon make mine available in dropbox just in case anybody wants them.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:Wonder if emailing it is an option?

Sendspace/Dropbox and a PM will do fine.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:

I don't yet 'do' Sendspace or Dropbox, and am currently away from my saved files at home (am on my phone at Center Parcs at the moment). Maybe DanPT can let you know when he's put his copy online?
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

I don't yet 'do' Sendspace or Dropbox, and am currently away from my saved files at home (am on my phone at Center Parcs at the moment). Maybe DanPT can let you know when he's put his copy online?

I already did. And already told dinizintheoven. I have all those in the list available. If someone wants to download them, please let me know and I will share the link. Baker, if you can handle a dropbox link, then can I share it with you for you to try and upload those that you have to the folder?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I don't yet 'do' Sendspace or Dropbox, and am currently away from my saved files at home (am on my phone at Center Parcs at the moment). Maybe DanPT can let you know when he's put his copy online?

I already did. And already told dinizintheoven. I have all those in the list available. If someone wants to download them, please let me know and I will share the link. Baker, if you can handle a dropbox link, then can I share it with you for you to try and upload those that you have to the folder?

I'll have a go. I'll need to sign up first though. I assume it's easy to do and free?
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:I'll have a go. I'll need to sign up first though. I assume it's easy to do and free?

I believe the easiest way is to install the application they have, that way it works like a regular windows folder and you are uploading to the dropbox at the same time. And yes, it is free.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I'll have a go. I'll need to sign up first though. I assume it's easy to do and free?

I believe the easiest way is to install the application they have, that way it works like a regular windows folder and you are uploading to the dropbox at the same time. And yes, it is free.

OK, so I was able to set up an account easily enough. Now just trying to deposit all the podcasts (including the one-off video podcast and the community podcast) into DropBox. It's about 1.6 GB so it's going to take a while. Shall I share the link on here when it's done, or simply get people to message me for the link if they want it? I'm tempted to go for the former.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

OK, so I was able to set up an account easily enough. Now just trying to deposit all the podcasts (including the one-off video podcast and the community podcast) into DropBox. It's about 1.6 GB so it's going to take a while. Shall I share the link on here when it's done, or simply get people to message me for the link if they want it? I'm tempted to go for the former.

Due to circumstances surrounding the reasons behind the main site's closure, I'd strongly suggest you to do the latter.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:OK, so I was able to set up an account easily enough. Now just trying to deposit all the podcasts (including the one-off video podcast and the community podcast) into DropBox. It's about 1.6 GB so it's going to take a while. Shall I share the link on here when it's done, or simply get people to message me for the link if they want it? I'm tempted to go for the former.

Due to circumstances surrounding the reasons behind the main site's closure, I'd strongly suggest you to do the latter.

I am clearly not privy to those circumstances, but I respect that there must be good justification behind that advice so will respect it. All the podcasts will be there soon, so if anybody wants a link to any/all of the podcasts, you'd better message me, and I'll send a link.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OK, so I have put them all onto DropBox. I see how to share links to individual files; how do I share a link to them all? Or does a link to one take you to the whole list? I have already had a request for a link to them from a trusted forum member; I will send the link as soon as I understand whether there is one link to share all or not.

Nuppiz, shall I share the link(s) to whoever asks for them, or would you recommend a filter system?
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:OK, so I have put them all onto DropBox. I see how to share links to individual files; how do I share a link to them all? Or does a link to one take you to the whole list? I have already had a request for a link to them from a trusted forum member; I will send the link as soon as I understand whether there is one link to share all or not.

Nuppiz, shall I share the link(s) to whoever asks for them, or would you recommend a filter system?

I haven't used DropBox, but based on my understanding only a few services support the sharing of multiple files with one link (MediaFire is one, with the folder function).

To whom you give the links is none of my concern - if someone approaches you asking for the links it's up to you to decide whether or not to share them. As long as the file links aren't posted "wide open" I don't have a problem with this. Either way, I cannot be certain what Jamie thinks of this - I'm merely basing my assumptions based on comments made by him (and Enoch prior to departing the site) concerning the ongoing and future status of all main site content.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:To whom you give the links is none of my concern - if someone approaches you asking for the links it's up to you to decide whether or not to share them. As long as the file links aren't posted "wide open" I don't have a problem with this. Either way, I cannot be certain what Jamie thinks of this - I'm merely basing my assumptions based on comments made by him (and Enoch prior to departing the site) concerning the ongoing and future status of all main site content.

I suppose it is their content in the end, but the podcasts have previously been widely available. If Jamie and/or Enoch ever wishes for me to no longer share, then fine. But in the meantime, I'll share with whoever asks. If I ever receive a request from Jamie or Enoch, I will say so here and comply.

EDIT: I am now able to send links to individual podcasts or send a link to the whole folder. It has been confirmed to me that the links work fine. If you want the links, email/message me, and I will reply with the link via email. Do not use this thread to request the link. I may or may not at some point provide a list of all the available podcasts: There are 133 in total!
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Double-post I know, but it's been 48 hours and I think this post needs to be separate.

Below is the list of the titles that Jamie and/or Enoch gave to each podcast, exactly as given. (Except in italics, where I gave a little extra info.) Those podcasts that exist since Melbourne 2009 have their own threads on this forum, so they will give an idea of content for those particular podcasts. The six digit code in front of each podcast is the date of release of each podcast in the format yymmdd. These all all available from my DropBox account to which I can privately provide links via email (envelope on the right).

The F1 Rejects Podcast List

050804 Hungarian GP Edition
050823 Turkish GP Edition
050906 Italian GP Edition
050913 Belgian GP Edition
050928 Brazilian GP Edition
051010 Japanese GP Edition
051017 Chinese GP Edition
051107 Eastern Creek A1GP Edition
051121 Season Review Edition
051222 Christmas Edition

060130 Off-Season Edition
060305 Season Preview Edition
060322 Bahrasian GP Edition
060403 Australian GP Edition
060425 San Marino GP Edition
060509 European GP Edition
060516 Spanish GP Edition
060530 Monaco GP Edition
060613 British GP Edition
060627 Canadian GP Edition
060712 American GP Edition
060718 French GP Edition
060807 German GP Edition
060810 Hungarian GP Edition
060829 Turkish GP Edition
060912 Italian GP Edition
061004 Chinese GP Edition
061011 Japanese GP Edition
061024 Brazillian GP Edition
061119 Season Review Edition
061211 December Edition
061227 Christmas Edition

070121 Off-Season Edition
070210 Eastern Creek A1GP Edition
070211February Edition
070310 Season Preview Edition
070318 Australian GP Edition
070411 Malaysian GP Edition
070418 Bahrain GP Edition
070517 Spanish GP Edition
070531 Monaco GP Edition
070612 Canadian GP Edition
070621 American GP Edition
070703 French GP Edition
070711 British GP Edition
070724 European GP Edition
070813 Hungarian GP Edition
070830 Turkish GP Edition
070912 Italian GP Edition
070920 Belgian GP Edition
071003 Japanese GP Edition
071011 Chinese GP Edition
071025 Brazilian GP Edition
071121 Season Review Edition
071210 December Edition
071224 Christmas Edition

080120 Off-Season Edition
080309 Season Preview Edition
080330 Australaysian GP Edition
080416 Bahrain GP Edition
080517 Spankish GP Edition
080530 Monaco GP Edition
080614 Canadian GP Edition
080629 French GP Edition
080811 Germ-ish GP Edition
080820 Hungarian GP Edtion
080904 European GP Edition
080925 Belgalian GP Edition
081030 Asian GP Edition
081123 Brazilian GP Edition
081217 Season Review Edition

090101 New Year’s Edition
090210 Off-Season Edition
090316 Season Preview Edition
090327 Melbourne Friday Edition
090328 Melbourne Saturday Edition
090329 Melbourne Sunday Edition
090410 Malaysian GP Edition
090420 Chinese GP Edition
090501 Bahrain GP Edition
090602 Spanaco GP Edition
090617 Turkish GP Edition
090630 British GP Edition
090719 German GP Edition
090809 Hungarian GP Edition
090816 Luca Badoer Comeback Edition
090908 Eurogian GP Edition
090924 Italian GP Edition
091006 Singapanese GP Edition
091022 Brazilian GP Edition
091116 Abu Dhabi GP Edition
091206 December Edition
091219 Season Review Edition

100101 New Year’s Edition
100207 Off-Season Edition
100311 Season Preview Edition
100418 Bahstralaysian Edition – Featuring Aly, Adrian, Tim, Ed and Enoch (a.k.a. the Community Podcast)
100504 Chinese GP Edition (solo effort by Enoch)
100531 Spanaco GP Edition – Featuring Tim Bendall and co (a.k.a. Community Podcast Mk II)
100723 Turkadipeantish GP Edition – Featuring Tim Bendall and Adrian Rees (a.k.a. Community Podcast Mk III)
100826 Germgarian GP Edition (return of Jamie)
100919 Belgalian GP Edition
101105 Singapanorean GP Edition
101226 Season Review Edition

110323 Season Preview Edition
110628 Auslaychiturnishmonacanapean GP Edition
110923 Britagerhungabelgalian GP Edition
111023 Singapanorean GP Edition
111026 Announcement Edition
111030 Indian GP Live Commentary Edition
111030 Indian GP Pre-Race Countdown (video podcast)
111202 Abuzilian GP Edition
111227 Season Review Edition

120226 Off-Season Edition
120513 Ausmalaychihrain GP Edition
120613 Spanimonacadian GP Edition
120813 Eurobritermangarian GP Edition
121230 Season Review Edition Edition (not a typo – that is what the podcast is titled!)

130203 Off-Season Edition
130309 Season Preview Edition
130416 Austramalaysinese GP Edition
130625 Bahspanacoadian GP Edition
130909 Britagermungaelgitalian GP Edition
131009 Singakorean GP Edition
131111 Japindhabi GP Edition
131231 Season Review Edition

140126 Off-Season Edition
140307 Season Preview Edition
140317 Australian GP Edition
140427 Malahrainese GP Edition
140602 Al Pease Memorial Edition
140731 Canaustritishermangarian GP Edition
140825 Belgian GP Edition
140928 Italingapore GP Edition

Simtek wrote:I've already posted this before in the ROTY thread, but if anyone feels like listening to the podcast, you can still do so here: http://web.archive.org/web/201407180200 ... index.html

Unfortunately it hasn't archived any podcasts made since last year's Bahspanacoadian GP Edition, but it's something. :)

It now appears to be up to date as far as June this year, with the Al Pease Memorial Edition (although I haven't checked the link to see if it works). I have copy-and-pasted that page (the section with the individual podcast list of contents, file size and running time) into a Microsoft document and also put that onto DropBox so people can browse to see which podcasts that they may or may not wish to download and listen to. iTunes tells me they collectively run to over four-and-a-half days...
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

dr-baker wrote:
Simtek wrote:I've already posted this before in the ROTY thread, but if anyone feels like listening to the podcast, you can still do so here: http://web.archive.org/web/201407180200 ... index.html

It now appears to be up to date as far as June this year, with the Al Pease Memorial Edition (although I haven't checked the link to see if it works). I have copy-and-pasted that page (the section with the individual podcast list of contents, file size and running time) into a Microsoft document and also put that onto DropBox so people can browse to see which podcasts that they may or may not wish to download and listen to. iTunes tells me they collectively run to over four-and-a-half days...

Actually, it is only possible to download podcasts as recent as the 2013 Bahspanacoadian GP Edition. None of the links to any of the podcasts made since then are working. That is what I meant in the original post. :)
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Actually, it is only possible to download podcasts as recent as the 2013 Bahspanacoadian GP Edition. None of the links to any of the podcasts made since then are working. That is what I meant in the original post. :)

Understood. But it is useful none-the-less for people to be able to see the contents of each podcast, rather than just the title as listed above, up to as recently as the Al Pease Memorial Edition. Just the last three that are not there listed. Might provide the details/missing info (contents, file size, length) on here later.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Despite the new availability of PMs on here, I am going to request that people continue to ask for the DropBox link by email, as the link is now in my sent email file. Just easier to copy-and-paste while remaining in my emails. Thank you.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Earlier in this thread, I stated that there were 133 podcasts, but it has been brought to my attention that there are actually 134. Thank you to Bert for the clarification.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just posting here to draw people's attention to this thread and the fact that I can provide a link to all the podcasts (F1 Rejects AND GP Rejects!) that have been made. All anybody needs to do is email me, and I will provide a link to the DropBox account where they are located.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

For the first time in just over two years, I have just had someone request the link to my Dropbox file for the podcasts! People are still interested in listening to these!
MCard LOLA