Editorial direction of GP Rejects

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

Re: Editorial direction of GP Rejects

Post by dr-baker »

Ataxia wrote:Thank you all!

East Londoner wrote:Yeah, and now he's going to leave us and hang out with his new cool friends. Don't you ever forget us... :cry:

Oh for g...

...I'm not 100% leaving. I probably won't be anywhere near as active as I've been in the past, we'll have to see, but I'll still keep in touch at the very least. Unless, of course, you want me gone... ;)

I want you to tell us of the next Plamen Kralev!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Ataxia wrote:I can, at last, make this official. After a year of freelancing for Autosport et al, I'm now going off to be the junior press officer for Formula 2 and GP3. Which is kinda cool.

Your announcement came to my mind when I saw this tweet with the catchphrase famous from the old days!

(One of the likes is from me)
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I can't believe an official FIA thing made that reference. We've used up our annual time a company tries to do a meme thing and it's actually funny.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I can't believe an official FIA thing made that reference. We've used up our annual time a company tries to do a meme thing and it's actually funny.

I did this for you guys... ;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Waris

Post by Waris »

This may not be the right place to post this, but I really miss the podcasts. I seem to remember that even after F1 Rejects ended and was replaced by GP Rejects, Jamie and Enoch were still releasing podcasts under the title "The Rejects Podcast". But all that content appears to have been taken down now. Does anyone have any idea what those two are up to?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Waris wrote:This may not be the right place to post this, but I really miss the podcasts. I seem to remember that even after F1 Rejects ended and was replaced by GP Rejects, Jamie and Enoch were still releasing podcasts under the title "The Rejects Podcast". But all that content appears to have been taken down now. Does anyone have any idea what those two are up to?

I know they stopped doing the (revived) podcast because - to paraphrase Jamie - Enoch didn't see the point in satirising F1 when the sport was already doing a good job of that already. The Trump Problem if you will...

Otherwise, I assume they're still doing whatever else they do in their everyday lives; Enoch's still on Twitter, I think.

More related to the thread, I should be probably start writing again. I've had a few things in store that I had to drop last year because of... reasons.
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'm fairly sure I've got all of The Rejects Podcast (Approximately 2016 Edition) archived, if anyone is missing any.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:I'm fairly sure I've got all of The Rejects Podcast (Approximately 2016 Edition) archived, if anyone is missing any.

I could probably add them to my collection of originals if there is demand.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Bit difficult to make a topical Rejects podcast when there's no reject teams in Formula 1 anymore :cry:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And yet there may be a podcast on the way very soon :P watch this space!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rob Dylan wrote:And yet there may be a podcast on the way very soon :P watch this space!

Ooooohhhhh!!!!! :dance:
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

As a number of members of this forum are aware, one of our number (ibsey) is publishing a book. If he and I work on a Q&A-style book review, could we get it published on the main Rejects website? Pretty please?
MCard LOLA
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

dr-baker wrote:As a number of members of this forum are aware, one of our number (ibsey) is publishing a book. If he and I work on a Q&A-style book review, could we get it published on the main Rejects website? Pretty please?

I've only just seen the above post and thanks dr-baker for asking this :)

If you would like I would be happy to do a follow up interview / Q & A with GP Rejects where you can ask me questions about the book, having read it yourself. To date no-one else has done that yet.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

ibsey wrote:
dr-baker wrote:As a number of members of this forum are aware, one of our number (ibsey) is publishing a book. If he and I work on a Q&A-style book review, could we get it published on the main Rejects website? Pretty please?

I've only just seen the above post and thanks dr-baker for asking this :)

If you would like I would be happy to do a follow up interview / Q & A with GP Rejects where you can ask me questions about the book, having read it yourself. To date no-one else has done that yet.

Inset and I have collaborated on a Q&A on his new book. What's the current process for submitting it for the website?
MCard LOLA