Joe Kelly

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Bobby Doorknobs

Joe Kelly

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Last edited by Bobby Doorknobs on 05 Jan 2016, 16:37, edited 6 times in total.
#FreeGonzo
MartinJS81

Re: Coming soon (maybe): Joe Kelly profile!

Post by MartinJS81 »

Very nice, good work.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Excellent writing Simtek. There were maybe a couple of instances where sentences were a little long and could be split up, but otherwise a flawless piece. I'd say with the addition of a few pictures (if any can be found) that could be published immediately.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

AndreaModa wrote:Excellent writing Simtek. There were maybe a couple of instances where sentences were a little long and could be split up, but otherwise a flawless piece. I'd say with the addition of a few pictures (if any can be found) that could be published immediately.

Thanks for the feedback, AndreaModa. Having just re-read it, I can see what you mean about some of the sentences being too long, which made it a little hard to read. I've re-written parts of it, which should hopefully flow better.

As for pictures, like giraurd, I'm a bit unsure as to how copyright works beyond the basic principles. I'm specifically unsure about what constitutes "Fair use".
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:As for pictures, like giraurd, I'm a bit unsure as to how copyright works beyond the basic principles. I'm specifically unsure about what constitutes "Fair use".

The UK does not have fair use, but rather fair dealing.

You can always simply ask the person who holds the copyright! It's that simple. Just ask, explain it's non-commercial and for educational purposes, and most reasonable people will agree to use with correct attribution.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Biscione wrote:
Simtek wrote:As for pictures, like giraurd, I'm a bit unsure as to how copyright works beyond the basic principles. I'm specifically unsure about what constitutes "Fair use".

The UK does not have fair use, but rather fair dealing.

You can always simply ask the person who holds the copyright! It's that simple. Just ask, explain it's non-commercial and for educational purposes, and most reasonable people will agree to use with correct attribution.

Hmm, a bit more work required then... Ah well, I'll get on it ASAP :)
#FreeGonzo
girry

Post by girry »

It's a very good read Simtek - and honestly, you shouldn't be comparing the amount of content in a Joe Kelly profile to those of the modern era drivers because the amount of information available on them is on a whole different planet - thanks Internet.
when you're dead people start listening
Bobby Doorknobs

OP has been updated with a (rather short) list of sources. Further work on the profile is underway to obtain more information and of course, some photographs, which would certainly brighten the piece up a little bit ;)
#FreeGonzo
MartinJS81

Post by MartinJS81 »

Very minor point - Jordan won four races, not three - Belgium 1998 with Hill, France and Italy 1999 with Frentzen, and Brazil 2003 with Fisichella. Otherwise, great article.
Bobby Doorknobs

MartinJS81 wrote:Very minor point - Jordan won four races, not three - Belgium 1998 with Hill, France and Italy 1999 with Frentzen, and Brazil 2003 with Fisichella. Otherwise, great article.

Goodness me, how did I make that error? :P Thank you for pointing that out!

Anyway, I do hope to have a much more detailed profile (2500-3000 words if not more) completed before the end of the month. I was able to get in touch with a very useful source with the help of Biscione ;)
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

So in case anyone still cares, it's finished (actually it's been finished for several weeks now). Whether or not it goes up is a decision that lies in the hands of a higher power ;)
#FreeGonzo