Rejects Podcast comeback...

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Rejects Podcast comeback...

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Hope you are well. Just letting you all know Enoch and I may have some good news in store. We could have a new podcast for you post-Melbourne.

No, the old site and the old podcast will never return. But we'll have a brand new show ... that will feel oddly familiar.

More details soon. :badoer:

(PS. love the season preview article.)

Cheers,
Jamie
Last edited by Kuwashima on 22 Mar 2016, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: Watch this space...

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I am left positively speechless at this news! :D :dance: :D
#FreeGonzo
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

He lives!

Genuinely some of the most exciting news I have heard in a long time, Genuinely happy and nostalgic right now
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

For the second time this week, this gif sums up my reaction:

:dance: :D
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Amazing news Jamie! Hope all is well with you guys! Be waiting to listen to both of you again some time soon.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Now, this is a surprise! :D

Incredible stuff. :)

Now we must believe in the Hype (insert Footwork 1995 image here) :P
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Miguel98 wrote:Now, this is a surprise! :D

Incredible stuff. :)

Now we must believe in the Hype (insert Footwork 1995 image here) :P

#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'll be keeping an ear out for that.

Plus, if there's anyone going to Battersea Park in early July, there might well be a second bite out of the GP Rejects Formula E Community Podcast cake as well...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I echo everybody else's sentiments - :dance: is a good summary!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wow, that's awesome news! Oh, and thanks as well :oops:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This piece of music is what should accompany this news.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

And with that qualifying session, what better scenario for the reject podcast to return! :D :D :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
mario

Post by mario »

Kuwashima wrote:G'day all,

Hope you are well. Just letting you all know Enoch and I may have some good news in store. We could have a new podcast for you post-Melbourne.

No, the old site and the old podcast will never return. But we'll have a brand new show ... that will feel oddly familiar.

More details soon. :badoer:

(PS. love the season preview article.)

Cheers,
Jamie

That is certainly sparking my curiosity - I think that we'll all be intrigued to see what you have been lining up for us...
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Anything that brings the Vic Fontaine avatar back into action get's my vote :D
Just For One Day...
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

A teaser recorded after Melbourne qualifying!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/jakesanso ... st-preview

Cheers,
Jamie
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Kuwashima wrote:A teaser recorded after Melbourne qualifying!

Cheers,
Jamie

Brilliant to hear your voices again, albeit briefly. Can't wait for the full episode!
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Cheers,
Jamie

Excitement levels increasing...
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Cheers,
Jamie

Once again, introduce the Footwork 1995 picture here. :P

This shall be good. Incredible to hear your voices again man! :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Miguel98 wrote:

Cheers,
Jamie

Once again, introduce the Footwork 1995 picture here. :P

This shall be good. Incredible to hear your voices again man! :D

#FreeGonzo
DVST8R

Re: Rejects Podcast comeback...

Post by DVST8R »

I saw the link on Facebook this morning, and I would have fallen over if I hadn't already been laying down. Super excited now guys, can't wait for it to come out.

I guess this means whatever issues there were have been resolved?
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

So I've just returned to this forum after a long period of absence, and immediately after seeing this news of the podcast returning I started fanboying excessively.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Bobby Doorknobs

Frogfoot9013 wrote:So I've just returned to this forum after a long period of absence, and immediately after seeing this news of the podcast returning I started fanboying excessively.

Fáilte ar ais, a chara!
#FreeGonzo
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Strewth!

I came across an obscure Twitter link and followed it to find Jamie and Enoch are podcasting again, and then found this forum,, which I didn't know even existed. And I found I already had an account set up on it!

Welcome back guys, you have been much missed.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ross Prawn wrote:Strewth!

I came across an obscure Twitter link and followed it to find Jamie and Enoch are podcasting again, and then found this forum,, which I didn't know even existed. And I found I already had an account set up on it!

You know that this is the Forum Formerly Known As the F1 Rejects Forum, don't you?!
MCard LOLA
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I do now! Fell out of touch after Enoch, Jamie and the old website disappeared.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Ross Prawn wrote:I do now! Fell out of touch after Enoch, Jamie and the old website disappeared.

Cool, more names from the past back in action. You've missed nothing, btw.
Just For One Day...
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you Jamie and Enoch for enjoying podcasting again. I don't care for the letter F followed by the number 1 much anymore (and obviously, neither do you, since you haven't mentioned it in the teaser. I guess it could become the NOTSTSNBM now, the Name Of The Sport That Shall Not Be Mentioned). To think about it, NOTSTSNBM-Rejects would be a very fitting name for a future website, don't you think? ;-)

Anyway, in spite of all of this, I'm looking forward to the new podcast. I might only listen to it once in a while due to time constraints. Life goes on and stuff, I know that you know.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, it has been said by many: but thanks for doing this. And thanks for still carrying the same 'spirit' as you guys used to do in the past.
We welcome you back with open arms. (even literally if there is any desire to that)

And welcome back forum members. We sure missed your involvement in the greatest conspiracy theory of all time, Ross Prawn (yeah, thát's somehow what i remember most about you)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Adding my thanks for a return of my favorite podcast. Too good to be true. Just awesome!
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Yannick wrote:Thank you Jamie and Enoch for enjoying podcasting again. I don't care for the letter F followed by the number 1 much anymore (and obviously, neither do you, since you haven't mentioned it in the teaser. I guess it could become the NOTSTSNBM now, the Name Of The Sport That Shall Not Be Mentioned). To think about it, NOTSTSNBM-Rejects would be a very fitting name for a future website, don't you think? ;-)

Anyway, in spite of all of this, I'm looking forward to the new podcast. I might only listen to it once in a while due to time constraints. Life goes on and stuff, I know that you know.

Thanks Yannick for the kind words. Yes, we gave great thought to the whole "Name Shall Not Be Mentioned" idea :D It is a little ironic at the end of the day, isn't it!