Old F1 Rejects content no longer accessible

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Bobby Doorknobs

Old F1 Rejects content no longer accessible

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

As you know, F1 Rejects sadly disappeared from the internet over a year ago. However, it was still possible to view most of the old content through the Wayback Machine, so it wasn't all bad. Today though, I went in to find an old race review for an upcoming This Day in Reject History post, looking for a specific ROTR to find the reason why it was awarded. Sadly, I found that I could no longer access the old content because someone put in a robots.txt file, which is designed to stop bots from accessing webpages, including that used by the Wayback Machine. This of course renders all of the F1 Rejects content inaccessible.
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Re: Old F1 Rejects content no longer accessible

Post by dr-baker »

As discussed elsewhere, I still have all the old podcasts saved. But it is sad to see all the old written info lost into the ether. :cry:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:As discussed elsewhere, I still have all the old podcasts saved. But it is sad to see all the old written info lost into the ether. :cry:

It's not lost.

We just can't repost it.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:As discussed elsewhere, I still have all the old podcasts saved. But it is sad to see all the old written info lost into the ether. :cry:

It's not lost.

We just can't repost it.

Well, at least it's safe somewhere...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

I also have the whole old site backed up on more than one external drive - missing two driver profiles, and 1 or 2 articles I think.

I understand that it is a very nice gesture to not republish any material. However, in the nature of preservation of material that - depending on being historical/interview etc. - is of an actual historical interest, I would actually believe that we would be allowed to publish it.
A further point in that, is that with these measures taken by the original F1Rejects crew, there isn't a case to be made of any lost income or similarities.
Bobby Doorknobs

Myrvold wrote:I understand that it is a very nice gesture to not republish any material. However, in the nature of preservation of material that - depending on being historical/interview etc. - is of an actual historical interest, I would actually believe that we would be allowed to publish it.

No, we wouldn't. Biscione isn't holding back on republishing the old content out of respect, it's because he has no legal right to do so without the consent of the original authors. Jamie and Enoch have not given this consent, so the old material will remain unpublished until they do (and it's looking very unlikely in the foreseeable future).
Myrvold wrote:A further point in that, is that with these measures taken by the original F1Rejects crew, there isn't a case to be made of any lost income or similarities.

If you're talking about the robots.txt file, it has nothing to do with Jamie and Enoch. They no longer own the f1rejects.com domain. The old content has been accessible through the Wayback Machine long after the domain expired. This was more than likely done by whoever owns the domain now.
#FreeGonzo
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Okay, as someone who's new to the forum but who regularly read the stuff on F1 Rejects way back when, why was the information taken down in the first place, and why would the original authors not want it re-issued with full credits to them? I'm a tad confused by the impasse
Bobby Doorknobs

Aislabie wrote:Okay, as someone who's new to the forum but who regularly read the stuff on F1 Rejects way back when, why was the information taken down in the first place, and why would the original authors not want it re-issued with full credits to them? I'm a tad confused by the impasse

F1 Rejects received a cease and desist order from FOM for the use of the 'F1' trademark, which meant the whole website had to be taken down. The forum still operated for a little while after that while Biscione set up a new website, the one you are looking at right now. As for why Enoch doesn't want his wonderful profiles reposted, none of us know for certain.

On the bright side, some of the other content from F1 Rejects that wasn't written by either Jamie or Enoch has been reposted: Mario's Zakspeed-Yamaha article and TomPryce's F1 95 review. And by my understanding some of the team and driver profiles not written by Jenoch will also be posted in the future.
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Simtek wrote:
Aislabie wrote:Okay, as someone who's new to the forum but who regularly read the stuff on F1 Rejects way back when, why was the information taken down in the first place, and why would the original authors not want it re-issued with full credits to them? I'm a tad confused by the impasse

F1 Rejects received a cease and desist order from FOM for the use of the 'F1' trademark, which meant the whole website had to be taken down. The forum still operated for a little while after that while Biscione set up a new website, the one you are looking at right now. As for why Enoch doesn't want his wonderful profiles reposted, none of us know for certain.

On the bright side, some of the other content from F1 Rejects that wasn't written by either Jamie or Enoch has been reposted: Mario's Zakspeed-Yamaha article and TomPryce's F1 95 review. And by my understanding some of the team and driver profiles not written by Jenoch will also be posted in the future.

Neither Jaime or Enoch own the f1rejects.com website anymore I believe. The current website is owned by somebody that did not want to release the information. Whether they did not because Jaime or Enoch told them not to or because the new owners were being "trademark trolls" I do not know.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Simtek wrote:No, we wouldn't. Biscione isn't holding back on republishing the old content out of respect, it's because he has no legal right to do so without the consent of the original authors. Jamie and Enoch have not given this consent, so the old material will remain unpublished until they do (and it's looking very unlikely in the foreseeable future).

If you're talking about the robots.txt file, it has nothing to do with Jamie and Enoch. They no longer own the f1rejects.com domain. The old content has been accessible through the Wayback Machine long after the domain expired. This was more than likely done by whoever owns the domain now.

Then we'll have to disagree on the legal aspects of just that.

As far as I understand, there are certain fair use terms when it comes to preserving and archiving (which this would be).
Bobby Doorknobs

Myrvold wrote:
Simtek wrote:No, we wouldn't. Biscione isn't holding back on republishing the old content out of respect, it's because he has no legal right to do so without the consent of the original authors. Jamie and Enoch have not given this consent, so the old material will remain unpublished until they do (and it's looking very unlikely in the foreseeable future).

As far as I understand, there are certain fair use terms when it comes to preserving and archiving (which this would be).

There are no fair use laws in the UK. There is fair dealing instead, which to my knowledge is less flexible than fair use. Yes, there are certain copyright exceptions made for libraries and archives, but Grand Prix Rejects is neither of those things. Fair dealing only applies to things like criticism and private research.
#FreeGonzo
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'd be very very interested to see what that cease and desist order actually said.

Judging by what F1 says you can and can't do with their supposed trademarks (I still don't believe "F1" is actually trademarked, but there we go), there would have only needed to be minor changes to the site in order to comply.

See for yourself, under Section 2: https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/toolbar/guidelines.html

If you go right to the bottom of the page, under Grammar, they show how the trademarks actually work.

I think a lot of it is scaremongering and the use of bully tactics to hide the fact their brand is based on some very generic terms used widely in other scenarios (see BriSCA F1, F1 H2O, etc). I highly doubt they'd spend any length of time pursuing a small fan site, they just play on the fear. Of course if it were monetising the F1 brand then that's a different matter entirely. There was a bit of F1 Rejects merchandise you could buy, wasn't there?

But if that was the issue, pull the merch, change the domain and name of the site, add the disclaimer at the bottom of the homepage and voila. I don't see why there has to be a full blackout, especially considering all of the effort and time invested into that website.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

AndreaModa wrote:I'd be very very interested to see what that cease and desist order actually said.

Judging by what F1 says you can and can't do with their supposed trademarks (I still don't believe "F1" is actually trademarked, but there we go), there would have only needed to be minor changes to the site in order to comply.

See for yourself, under Section 2: https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/toolbar/guidelines.html

If you go right to the bottom of the page, under Grammar, they show how the trademarks actually work.

I think a lot of it is scaremongering and the use of bully tactics to hide the fact their brand is based on some very generic terms used widely in other scenarios (see BriSCA F1, F1 H2O, etc). I highly doubt they'd spend any length of time pursuing a small fan site, they just play on the fear. Of course if it were monetising the F1 brand then that's a different matter entirely. There was a bit of F1 Rejects merchandise you could buy, wasn't there?

But if that was the issue, pull the merch, change the domain and name of the site, add the disclaimer at the bottom of the homepage and voila. I don't see why there has to be a full blackout, especially considering all of the effort and time invested into that website.

I'm almost certain there was more to it that Enoch would rather not have discussed in a public space. I'm only saying what I know for certain.
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

The further thought occurs, as it did circa late 2014: is the content of the Perry McCarthy forum also ever likely to be under threat, seeing as the "F1" in F1RWRS stands for exactly what everyone would expect it to stand for?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

dinizintheoven wrote:The further thought occurs, as it did circa late 2014: is the content of the Perry McCarthy forum also ever likely to be under threat, seeing as the "F1" in F1RWRS stands for exactly what everyone would expect it to stand for?

F1RWRS has been changed to ARWS. :)
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Simtek wrote:
Myrvold wrote:

There are no fair use laws in the UK. There is fair dealing instead, which to my knowledge is less flexible than fair use. Yes, there are certain copyright exceptions made for libraries and archives, but Grand Prix Rejects is neither of those things. Fair dealing only applies to things like criticism and private research.

As I said, I think we'll have to disagree on it. The way I read in the book beside me, it would be acceptable. However, that's not my call :)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

There are some very good reasons why the content written by Enoch can't be published at this time. Reasons which, unfortunately, we cannot disclose.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Nuppiz wrote:There are some very good reasons why the content written by Enoch can't be published at this time. Reasons which, unfortunately, we cannot disclose.

Well that takes away all the fun! Now we can't speculate!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Speaking as a historian, I can say in the US preservation and archiving is indeed "fair use" so long as its available to the public as part of historical record, and is not being monetized as such (there is a grey area about being able to charge a fee for "preservation" but that wouldn't apply here). But all that being said, as I have found out regarding cable TV, the US and UK are as different as can be.

Simtek wrote:F1 Rejects received a cease and desist order from FOM for the use of the 'F1' trademark, which meant the whole website had to be taken down. The forum still operated for a little while after that while Biscione set up a new website, the one you are looking at right now. As for why Enoch doesn't want his wonderful profiles reposted, none of us know for certain.

While I am glad to finally know the reason, I must admit it is a bit annoying to find out that it is because of the very reason that many of us (including myself) speculated and were told repeatedly "No no, that isn't is." We're not children afterall. It also makes me even firmer in my belief that the two site authors are no longer speaking to each other, hence the sites content being held hostage.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Bobby Doorknobs

Wallio wrote:It also makes me even firmer in my belief that the two site authors are no longer speaking to each other, hence the sites content being held hostage.

ummm...
#FreeGonzo
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Simtek wrote:
Wallio wrote:It also makes me even firmer in my belief that the two site authors are no longer speaking to each other, hence the sites content being held hostage.

ummm...

Just like they said the whole trademark thing 100% most assuredly was NOT the reason for the site closing. I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, there is no demand for a podcast, we have members doing that already. The old content on the other hand.....

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Wallio wrote:
Simtek wrote:

ummm...

Just like they said the whole trademark thing 100% most assuredly was NOT the reason for the site closing. I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, there is no demand for a podcast, we have members doing that already. The old content on the other hand.....

http://downforce-radio.co.uk/the-rejects-podcast-preview/.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Well its a start. I guess. Here's hoping they wake up and release the content.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wallio wrote:

Well its a start. I guess. Here's hoping they wake up and release the content.

Regardless of whether there's circumstances preventing them from releasing the content or not, the ball is firmly in Jamie and Enoch's court. It's their content, and ultimately it's their choice what do with it. You can't rock up and demand the world, and expect everyone to comply with your wishes. Of course, I'm sure everyone misses the old articles, but you can't throw your weight around and expect things to be placed at your doorstep.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wallio wrote:there is no demand for a podcast,

Yes there is.

Wallio wrote: a podcast, we have members doing that already.

There's been one single podcast in over a year, it was not F1 but FE, and we all just happened to be at the race and meet in person. There has been none recorded over the internet or random (non-race-meeting) meet-ups to record.

I am happy to see them return to podcasting and cannot wait for it.

Ataxia wrote:Regardless of whether there's circumstances preventing them from releasing the content or not, the ball is firmly in Jamie and Enoch's court. It's their content, and ultimately it's their choice what do with it. You can't rock up and demand the world, and expect everyone to comply with your wishes. Of course, I'm sure everyone misses the old articles, but you can't throw your weight around and expect things to be placed at your doorstep.

What he said. They spent a lot of time and effort putting that material together - it's up to them what they do with it. If I write something, I expect to be able to control somewhat what happens to it. Unless I sold the rights to the material to someone else of course... (Which has not happened in this case).
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I'm mostly just bitter about being lied to. I'll get over it. Still to be ok to resume one old thing (the podcasts) but not another is very fishy. Also whn did the new F1/FE/Whatever podcasts die? I though there was a shiteload of work and discussion about them. I admittedly didn't listen, I never listen to podcasts, I'm much too old, but I'm legitimately surprised to hear they are over.

Bobby Doorknobs

Wallio wrote:I'm mostly just bitter about being lied to. I'll get over it. Still to be ok to resume one old thing (the podcasts) but not another is very fishy. Also whn did the new F1/FE/Whatever podcasts die? I though there was a shiteload of work and discussion about them. I admittedly didn't listen, I never listen to podcasts, I'm much too old, but I'm legitimately surprised to hear they are over.

It was very much a one-off thing. I did try to lead an attempt at a revival beforehand before realising the full extent of certain personal problems I've been having that have steadily gotten worse in the past few years, which made me realise I just could not do it as long as I suffer from these problems. No similar attempt has been made since then.
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wallio wrote:I'm mostly just bitter about being lied to. I'll get over it. Still to be ok to resume one old thing (the podcasts) but not another is very fishy. Also whn did the new F1/FE/Whatever podcasts die? I though there was a shiteload of work and discussion about them. I admittedly didn't listen, I never listen to podcasts, I'm much too old, but I'm legitimately surprised to hear they are over.

Dinizintheoven was behind the FE podcast, and he has proposed maybe doing another after this year's London round (if other people are also attending to record in person). But it is a lot of time and effort, so it'll remain an occasional series, I think.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

And there's been an unfortunate development on that front.

What you see behind the link is my main bedroom, which was all cleared and ready for redecoration, right up until the point I had to move some bits and pieces around in the loft and, after 13 years of never once having had a problem doing so, I finally fell over and crashed clean through the plasterboard where the real floorboards weren't. Curse my sense of balance.

While I wait for a quote that the East Midlands' drywall experts seem unwilling to give, remembering what time of year it is, one thing is for certain: I have to claw back the cost of the repairs by whatever means necessary. And this means my entertainment budget has been slashed to zero for... several months. I can no longer afford the 50-odd quid to get a decent place to watch the race from or the bus fare home, so I'm going to have to can the day out in Battersea Park.

Furthermore, this enforced austerity also applies to every gig I've had planned between now and the autumn as well, most likely including my annual festival trip which I haven't missed since 1999, and my daily food budget has sunk to about a quid a day. The heating's off until November now, so I'd better hope the sun stays out.

All in all I am not terribly happy with the hand of cards I've been dealt right now.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I assume by all that, Jim, that you physically are OK? You didn't come to any harm? At least you would not have had to pay the NHS for treatment though!
MCard LOLA
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Hi all,

First off - dinizintheoven - trust you’re OK - sorry to hear of your recent bad luck.
Secondly, I’m going to post something here to clear up a few misconceptions and explain things.

Wallio wrote:While I am glad to finally know the reason, I must admit it is a bit annoying to find out that it is because of the very reason that many of us (including myself) speculated and were told repeatedly "No no, that isn't is." We're not children afterall.
I'm mostly just bitter about being lied to. I'll get over it. Still to be ok to resume one old thing (the podcasts) but not another is very fishy.
Enoch works in the legal profession and the initial representations made to us by FOM regarding our use of F1 were by no means threats to “shut us down” or force us to take the site down. Not at all. Enoch took great pains to delete suggestions to that effect in the forum and refute this. I am sorry if this subsequently gave you the wrong impression, Wallio.

Enoch then decided, for personal and professional reasons, to cut his ties with the site entirely.

From that point on I negotiated further, and ultimately my primary goal was to ensure that this forum community continued. Biscione and Nuppiz came to my aid and we are all very grateful!

AndreaModa wrote:But if that was the issue, pull the merch, change the domain and name of the site, add the disclaimer at the bottom of the homepage and voila. I don't see why there has to be a full blackout, especially considering all of the effort and time invested into that website.
Unfortunately, the site consisted of hundreds and hundreds (and hundreds) of individual hard-coded pages of HTML, all with various references to “F1 Rejects”. It was never going to be, and will never be, a simple job to just re-name the site and voila :-). So, it had to go away for now. (Immediately moving the content to GPRejects wasn't an option as "Grand Prix" is also trademarked in Australia.)

It is not so much that the content of the previous site is being held hostage, but rather that we put a huge amount of time, energy and love into creating it - we want it to be presented in the right way and on our own terms. I know that Enoch has also toyed with the idea of starting a new site/blog himself, and he may want to utilise some of the previous content for that.

We have been happy up till now that everything has still been accessible using the Wayback Machine. I'm still not quite sure why that is no longer the case...?? How annoying.

Hope this makes some sense. You might not agree with us but it hasn't been an easy year and both of us were already stressed with work and family lives. The podcast is returning because we loved doing it (regardless if anyone loved listening to it!), it is a relatively stress-free hobby and Downforce Radio wants to host us. :chilton:

Cheers,
Jamie
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Is it strange or is it not so strange that the two who checked I'm OK are those I've actually met in real life? Either way, the extent of my injuries are thus: think about where Will Stevens' girlfriend would have a tramp stamp (she is, presumably, from Essex)... in the same position I have a huge bruise and several scars, but other than that I'm up and running, which is more than can be said for my bank account.

Good to hear also there's some clarification as to what really happened behind the scenes - we've all had our own conspiracy theories on what happened and I'm looking forward to the Rejects Podcast, even if I won't be making one myself this summer...

...but if anyone is going to Battersea Park and wants to do so, don't let me stop you... I'll even send on the sound samples I used for the first one.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote: Either way, the extent of my injuries are thus: think about where Will Stevens' girlfriend would have a tramp stamp (she is, presumably, from Essex)... in the same position I have a huge bruise and several scars, but other than that I'm up and running, which is more than can be said for my bank account.

My sister was born in the same town as Will Stevens (albeit 10 years earlier) - I've never seen a tramp stamp, and I guess it would be inappropriate for me to see those cheeks...

And Jamie, thank you for clarifying what happened.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Well, I'm glad to hear the full explanation of the drama that happened a year ago. It seems the whole FOM thing was not quite as dramatic as I (and others) have been led to believe , so cheers for clearing that up Jamie.

It's a shame we still can't republish some of that wonderful written content of yours given that the place is still relatively bare at the moment, but that's not for us to decide, so there's no point in any of us complaining. We must all respect your decision. :)

As for the Wayback Machine thing, it seems that someone purchased the domain and is now using it to redirect to spam sites. Looks like all those spambots have finally gotten their revenge...
#FreeGonzo
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Simtek wrote:Well, I'm glad to hear the full explanation of the drama that happened a year ago. It seems the whole FOM thing was not quite as dramatic as I (and others) have been led to believe, so cheers for clearing that up Jamie.

Ha. There are more complications to the story (that Biscione and Nuppiz are privy to) that I have left out, but for now I am trying to directly address Wallio's grievance, and the issue of the written content. :deletraz:

Podcast has been recorded! Will post details once available on Downforce.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

dinizintheoven wrote:And there's been an unfortunate development on that front.[/url]

What you see behind the link is my main bedroom, which was all cleared and ready for redecoration, right up until the point I had to move some bits and pieces around in the loft and, after 13 years of never once having had a problem doing so, I finally fell over and crashed clean through the plasterboard where the real floorboards weren't. Curse my sense of balance.

While I wait for a quote that the East Midlands' drywall experts seem unwilling to give, remembering what time of year it is, one thing is for certain: I have to claw back the cost of the repairs by whatever means necessary. And this means my entertainment budget has been slashed to zero for... several months. I can no longer afford the 50-odd quid to get a decent place to watch the race from or the bus fare home, so I'm going to have to can the day out in Battersea Park.

Furthermore, this enforced austerity also applies to every gig I've had planned between now and the autumn as well, most likely including my annual festival trip which I haven't missed since 1999, and my daily food budget has sunk to about a quid a day. The heating's off until November now, so I'd better hope the sun stays out.

All in all I am not terribly happy with the hand of cards I've been dealt right now.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope things work out better for you soon. Jeez, and I thought I was having a bad week!

(Yes, someone else who has met you - to back up your theory!)
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Simtek wrote:As for the Wayback Machine thing, it seems that someone purchased the domain and is now using it to redirect to spam sites. Looks like all those spambots have finally gotten their revenge...

Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan! ... Alan! Alan! Alan!

Got fed up of trading shoes, did you?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Kuwashima wrote:

Enoch works in the legal profession and the initial representations made to us by FOM regarding our use of F1 were by no means threats to “shut us down” or force us to take the site down. Not at all. Enoch took great pains to delete suggestions to that effect in the forum and refute this. I am sorry if this subsequently gave you the wrong impression, Wallio.

Cheers,
Jamie

What's dome is done. Like I said no one on here is a child so there was no reason to lie, but it's no big deal. Like I said, I'll live. Just irritating is all. Let this be a lesson in communication for you. That's also how you prevent "rumors", as you call them, from starting.

But better that the info gets out late than never. Your return will no doubt be welcomed by the majority on here.

Bobby Doorknobs

Not all hope is lost. I've found another location that has saved copies of a large number of the individual webpages once hosted by F1 Rejects! It doesn't appear to have everything, but most of the content is there.
#FreeGonzo
GMiranda

Post by GMiranda »

I'm deeply sad the contents aren't available anymore.... I used to consult them a lot, and then recurred to WebArchive for my works - I always cited my sources - now it really lacks info on some unknown riders, mainly those from the 50's till 70's. But I hope the project don't die definitively, maybe an eBook can be published.

Nevertheless the forum remains for discussion, and it would be interesting to have a FB group, as there are a lot of drivers and people involved on the sport there, I use it for my works.