160325 Make Haas Great Again Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

160325 Make Haas Great Again Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Well, it's with great excitement that we release the first episode of our brand new podcast (that will be very similar to the old one!). The show is being hosted on Downforce Radio!

On it, we discuss the Big News in F1, the qualifying debacle in Melbourne, the history of Haas, and delight in the motorsport culture in Indonesia and Mauritius.

It is, still, a dreadful podcast. We hope those of you who endured the last podcast we did will, somehow, appreciate this one as well.

For those of you still in the dark as to why the former site closed, or disappointed that the podcast is returning (it was the one bit of the site you hated, right!?) but the other content isn't, well I provided some more detail in a thread in the HWNSNBM forum you might read. (Suffice to say Enoch and I are seeing references now to rumours that we had a falling out :shock: , which not only weren't true, but do make us smile.)

Our thanks to Biscione, without whom we wouldn't still have this community to plug this podcast to, and Nuppiz. We will be regularly plugging GPRejects.com content on the show. Our thanks also to Jake Sanson and the crew at Downforce Radio.

You can find the first episode here (it will be available on any podcast app once feeds are sorted):
http://www.spreaker.com/user/jakesanson ... in-edition

Cheers,
Jamie
dr-baker

Re: 160325 Make Haas Great Again Edition

Post by dr-baker »

Kuwashima wrote:It is, still, a dreadful podcast. We hope those of you who endured the last podcast we did will, somehow, appreciate this one as well.

Come now, it was NEVER dreadful. Fun and entertaining is what it was! Looking forward to downloading and listening soon!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

It's almost as though there never was a hiatus; it's an honour to have our former overlords back on the airwaves once more, celebrating those whom few else would dare celebrate! :badoer: :chilton: :deletraz: :pantano: :vergne:
#FreeGonzo
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Really great podcast! Incredible to hear you two again! :D

Quite liked the Beatrice Haas piece. Oh, AJ :facepalm: #MakeHaasGreatAgain
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

See, Jamie, I'd never have guessed you weren't from Nu Zulund wuth thit iccent.

Clearly it was Nicole Scherzinger taking the ghost rider Hamilton-not-Cage footage, because he sold one of her favourite dresses on eBay after they split up and bought a new earring with the proceeds.

All through the qualifying discussion I was waiting for a repeat of that comment about "it seems inconceivable that Formula One could be such a ridiculous mélange of idiots". Nothing sums up what I thought of qualifying quite so succinctly.

And the voice of Toshihiro Suzuki was FANTASTICU INCURUSION AAAAAAAAAAAAH CRASHUUUUUU!

Here's to the losers, once again.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Awesome stuff, lads! Good to hear your voices again.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Great work, guys! There are so many things that could go in the Rejects Vault, I am sure you don't need any suggestions yet! Defo a great feature.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Great to be listening to you guys again! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

So cool to hear the podcast again!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

This is really good news. As I am stuck in Afghanistan (again) for most of this year I don't think I will actually get to watch a GP again until Brazil (I even managed to time my R&R for the summer break...) ... but having the podcast back and listening to Jamie & Enoch working together is a pretty good consolation prize.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Waris

Post by Waris »

I know this will sound overly dramatic, but I'm moved almost to tears by this news! It feels to me as though a miracle had taken place. Your podcasts have been a part of my life since 2003; when the old site/forum stopped and your podcasts stopped as well, it felt like a part of my childhood had disappeared forever. How wonderful that you should return on the Easter weekend!

And I'm really happy for you that you're being broadcast on a radio station now! :)
This is gonna be a good year, I feel :D
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Jezzard

Post by Jezzard »

Super-fantastiche!

I’ve just returned from Australia after attending the GP and found this news. Not only that on the Thursday before the race, I finally completed the archive of all the F1 Rejects back catalogue (thanks provider), listening to the 2014 season preview (I was a latecomer). I was actually re-listening to the 2014 Australian GP Edition when I stumbled across this news. No need now to meander again through 2014 - I'm back to the future. Here’s to the 2016 season review Christmas Carol.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jezzard wrote:, I finally completed the archive of all the F1 Rejects back catalogue (thanks provider).

You're welcome!
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Great new podcast guys. As someone who had listened to each of the old podcasts at least twice through, it's really comforting to have you guys back. It's nice to know that even in these dark times for F1, there's someone out there with a sense of humor about it, while still appreciating it for what it is.

I'm already stockpiling papayas for future shows!
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you guys for letting us listen to your characteristic voices again. It's been a pleasure even though I don't care much about F1 these days. Here's hoping that you can cover other forms of motorsports at least briefly in your new podcast again as well, especially when there are connections to drivers who are eligible to what used to be the site, such as this talented personality :chilton: or this electrical personality :vergne:
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Thanks to all for your positive reception of our new endeavour! Glad you enjoy what we're putting together. Any and all suggestions welcome :-)

Next edition will appear Monday 25th April.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Kuwashima wrote:Next edition will appear Monday 25th April.

Oh. My. Goodness... :dance:
MCard LOLA
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Kuwashima wrote:Thanks to all for your positive reception of our new endeavour! Glad you enjoy what we're putting together. Any and all suggestions welcome :-)

Next edition will appear Monday 25th April.

Must. Write. Review. Beforehand.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Soon?

Anxiously waiting...

With "major" Thanks!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

johnston21 wrote:

Soon?

Anxiously waiting...

With "major" Thanks!!!

New episode ("One-off Stoff Edition") now available and being downloaded!
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:New episode ("One-off Stoff Edition") now available and being downloaded!

Wait... these are downloadable?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:New episode ("One-off Stoff Edition") now available and being downloaded!

Sure - it's just a normal podcast. You can use iTunes, or your own non-Apple podcast aggregator of choice using the RSS feed:
https://www.spreaker.com/show/1690736/episodes/feed
Or, you can click the DOWNLOAD button next to the episode on its Spreaker page :badoer:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:

Wait a minute, do I smell a hint of Eau de Sarcasm in the air?
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

It wasn't. I was looking for a way to download the podcasts and couldn't find one. Still, it's sorted now.