GPRejects Original Content: Now available!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ducktanian

Re: GPRejects Original Content: Now available!

Post by Ducktanian »

Just for the sake of some silightly different/simpler criticisms, I just did not find the anti-safety article particularly funny or interesting. In a way where you just lazily skip over the article and forget about it, rather than actually reading it all the way through.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Miguel98 wrote:Diniz, I'm fairly certain that DanielPT is portuguese, not brasilian :P

I knew that - the fact that Portuguese is his native language will be enough to point out the hideous flaws in my very rejectful attempt at it...

Not that bad Diniz. And the use of "HUEHUEHUEHUE" is fairly adequate to what "brasilian portuguese" sounds.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

This wrote:And Simtek, i'm sure you can handle the trolls...

I don't remember saying anything about trolls. Are you referring to Nuppiz? :P

Not to say I can't handle trolls. It should be fun disapproving each and every one of their posts!
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Simtek wrote:

Not to say I can't handle trolls. It should be fun disapproving each and every one of their posts!

Oh god, the embarassment. I indeed meant Nuppiz. I don't know how i got you guys mixed up :facepalm:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Oh god, the embarassment. I indeed meant Nuppiz. I don't know how i got you guys mixed up :facepalm:

Ireland, Finland. Green name, red name. 8-bit avatar, Scumbag Max avatar. Yeah, it's pretty easy to mix us up. :badoer:

Just kidding, no hard feelings here! ;)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

This proves that i'm not a great text-writer. Ulike Nuppizintheoven.

Edit: i found a connection! You both registered on the 30th day of a month. (and so did i...)
Last edited by Butterfox on 01 Apr 2016, 18:50, edited 2 times in total.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:After having a couple of days to percolate, I'll leave with this. I stand by any of the minor contributions to that article I made, and I still think it's a fun piece. However, I understand the criticism. I think that these articles have a future, but I don't necessarily think they should be on this page. I suppose we have a duty to continue what Jamie and Enoch could not, and whilst we can dip into humour so dark you'd need a candle to read it, we should perhaps link a separate page so that people who like the Gravel Trap pieces can follow it at their free will.

I think you are right to not feel regrets for it. It is a learning curve. We are all learning. You guys are just starting and not everything comes right, right away. We are just having the liberty of giving you our honest feedback and while not really positive from some, it is you guys who get to decide in the end. It is also nice to see that you do get our point and are willing to do something about it. Even if I reckon that not all criticism or opinions should be followed (like most of my own)! :)

Ataxia wrote:Anyway, for what it's worth I've drawn up a list of things I'd like to write about in a long-form piece over the future, and these might be punctuated by smaller opinion pieces, just to increase the direction we have.

And I will be here to support you and share my thoughts, if occasion arises. By the way, like I said, not all is bad. Your race preview piece was very good indeed.

On another matter, while Dinizintheoven might have played his horror cards, his message about the Internet mob is actually a very real. That Brazilian story reminded me one that afflicted my country not that long ago when the Swedish Pepsi decided to do voodoo stuff with a Ronaldo doll making the mob here go ape ****. It even went as far as the national airline company to cancel the contract with Pepsi. They were forced to apologize and ended up costing a lot of money to the Portuguese Pepsi.

Oh and Dinizintheoven's Portuguese is actually decent! ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

DanielPT wrote:On another matter, while Dinizintheoven might have played his horror cards, his message about the Internet mob is actually a very real. That Brazilian story reminded me one that afflicted my country not that long ago when the Swedish Pepsi decided to do voodoo stuff with a Ronaldo doll making the mob here go ape ****. It even went as far as the national airline company to cancel the contract with Pepsi. They were forced to apologize and ended up costing a lot of money to the Portuguese Pepsi.

And if you want more: go on Twitter and look what Graham Linehan's morphed into, which I was made sharply aware of barely two days ago. This is the man who wrote Father Ted, The IT Crowd and Black Books? Really?

Oh and Dinizintheoven's Portuguese is actually decent! ;)

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
RATAMAHATTARATAMAHATTARATAMAHATTA
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
(etc.)
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

If you haven't seen it, the Bahrain Grand Prix Review is up on the website!

Me and Londoner changed the style a bit after hearing some opinions, so we hope we get some feedback on what you prefer.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"The car has too much downforce". Chanoch Nissany would be proud!

And talking of him, I noticed Channel 4 had Susie Wolff as a "Former F1 driver" in their caption introducing her. Does that mean the great Israeli is also a former F1 driver in their eyes, along with other Minardi testers from the legendary to the not-so-much - Tom Kristensen, Katherine Legge, Bas Leinders and quite a few others...?
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

dinizintheoven wrote:And talking of him, I noticed Channel 4 had Susie Wolff as a "Former F1 driver" in their caption introducing her. Does that mean the great Israeli is also a former F1 driver in their eyes, along with other Minardi testers from the legendary to the not-so-much - Tom Kristensen, Katherine Legge, Bas Leinders and quite a few others...?

I hope so. Then it would not be much of a stretch to also regard the likes of Valentino Rossi, Tom Cruise and Vladimir Putin as former F1 drivers. :D
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dinizintheoven wrote:"The car has too much downforce". Chanoch Nissany would be proud!

And talking of him, I noticed Channel 4 had Susie Wolff as a "Former F1 driver" in their caption introducing her. Does that mean the great Israeli is also a former F1 driver in their eyes, along with other Minardi testers from the legendary to the not-so-much - Tom Kristensen, Katherine Legge, Bas Leinders and quite a few others...?

I think that in order to have that caption, you will also need to be British or have British passport. And while it is not mandatory, it is recommended that you belong to the female gender.

As for the article, I think it you guys are improving at it. Hope to read more in the future!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Speaking of Susie Wolff, resident forumite Paul Hayes has weighed in with analysis on how Channel 4 fared with their first crack of the live F1 whip.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

DanielPT wrote:I think that in order to have that caption, you will also need to be British or have British passport. And while it is not mandatory, it is recommended that you belong to the female gender.

And do ye also haf tae haf ein mehr-als-vee bit of ein Churman eccent, ye ken?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dinizintheoven wrote:
DanielPT wrote:I think that in order to have that caption, you will also need to be British or have British passport. And while it is not mandatory, it is recommended that you belong to the female gender.

And do ye also haf tae haf ein mehr-als-vee bit of ein Churman eccent, ye ken?

Doesn't hurt your chances! :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Less than 24 hours to go...

Image Image
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

The website is brimming with content.. and very good content right now! :D

Excited to read this profile Simtek. :)

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Supreme work, Simtek. It's a lovely read.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

0/10, wouldn't read again as there's no mention of the spambot that professed its fandom of Joe Kelly on the forum a couple of years ago. :P

Jesting aside, it's a fantastic piece Simtek. :deletraz:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Bobby Doorknobs

East Londoner wrote:0/10, wouldn't read again as there's no mention of the spambot that professed its fandom of Joe Kelly on the forum a couple of years ago. :P

And not a single mention of his performances in the Johnny Claes Trophy that resulted in this cult following :facepalm: Mistakes of this order are indeed inexcusable and I will hereby withdraw from writing the Tommy Byrne profile that was intended to be a follow-up to this piece.

But in all seriousness, thank you everyone for (apparently) enjoying it. It should encourage me to write more profiles in the future, should I find the time and resources ;)

DISCLAIMER: Tommy Byrne profile may or may not actually be written by me. Just throwing out ideas!
#FreeGonzo
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Though different in style, as it isn't edited by Jenoch, it's defenitely decently written, and the level of detail makes this a very good piece. I hope you manage to get the Byrne piece to a similar level of quality. At least we can consider ourselfes to be 'an authority in the lesser known irish F1 drivers' (which isn't much but still don't underestimate having an irish fanbase, as these guys are spread all over the world)
girry

Post by girry »

Honestly guys, I was hoping for a decent overall product once you'd actually get the website up and running, but the end result isn't anywhere near my expectations.

It's miles above them.

I applaud each one of you who has contributed so far. Keep it going.
when you're dead people start listening
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Thanks to a first time contributor, David Jani, we now have a team profile (of sorts) on a team that never raced at all; USF1. What with Haas' excellent start to life in F1 so far, it seemed a good time to remind ourselves of how such a start to life in the sport is far from easy.

Read it here.

Image Image
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Nice piece David! How they thought they would get it off the ground was ridiculous!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
mario

Post by mario »

Well, it's good to see that we are starting to get a trickle of well written articles coming through, firstly with Simtek's profile and now with David's profile on USF1 - they certainly make for an excellent read. They feel much more in tune with the spirit of the old site, and I do think that these are the sorts of articles which are more likely to generate the sort of affection that I sometimes see being expressed for the old site on other forums.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Lovely article from David. It was a good to remind the story of this short lived team that was once a hope for all the reject lovers!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

After two GP's without review (much do to time constraits from myself and Londoner), we are back at it with the Spanish GP, which shold go live in the next 48 hours!

Bobby Doorknobs

Miguel98 wrote:After two GP's without review (much do to time constraits from myself and Londoner), we are back at it with the Spanish GP, which shold go live in the next 48 hours!

Chiruspanish GP review? :D
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

In case some of you haven't noticed, Ataxia has written a short piece as a sort of buildup to this weekend's Italian Grand Prix in which he poses the question of whether the lack of Italian drivers in recent years is due to a similar lack of Italian teams in the mould of Minardi.

Link.

Go on, read it, it's good ;)
#FreeGonzo