GPR Go-Karts Meeting (Saturday 24th Sept, Milton Keynes)

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dinizintheoven

Re: GPR Go-Karts Meeting (Saturday 24th Sept, Milton Keynes)

Post by dinizintheoven »

Just what I was thinking, especially since I'll have to pick one of three events to be at that day.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

No confirmation at all these last few days (or weeks), so I'll assume this isn't happening.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Indeed it isn't. Combination of a lack of concrete interest from enough people and a general loss of enthusiasm on Aerond's part. So it goes...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Am I the only one here? What's going on?
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:Am I the only one here? What's going on?

My lift from Stanstead to the track never showed up! I ended up stuck there and simply got on my return flight without ever leaving the airport...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Next time, should we leave this in the hands of someone who visits the forum a lot more regularly and can give definitive updates as to what's happening?

Because at least the worst that would have happened to me is a few quid lost in fuel, not a flight from far away.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Psh, this was never going to happen realistically, was it? I spoke to Daytona MK, and we'd have needed 20+ of us to book the place for ourselves. We didn't have anything like that level of interest; too many maybes.

Regardless, my plans changed so wasn't able to go, and I don't think I'd have passed a breathalyser anyway ;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

So it seems to me that this meeting did not go ahead last weekend. I am thinking that we should look at possible alternatives.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you who are in Definately or Maybe Coming to this meeting really would like to see one another of this community and meet up.

May i suggest in the future to have a look at doing Meetup-Style meetings. You can have a look at this webiste below:

https://www.meetup.com

This can give people the opportunity in meeting up with anyone who are part of this community at any place they are able to attend to, no matter if it's in or out of the UK where most members are based in. In that way, any one, well anyone who is trusted here can arrange meetings whenever they wish to. Although the main issue about this idea is, popularity and interest. This was a problem with this Go-Kart Meeting where there wasn't enough interest there. But i'm pretty certain if anyone here likes my idea i've done, they could recommend it to other members, especially those who don't regularly come in to chat.

My main purpose of posting this on the wall was that i thought it would be possible to see this as a useful subject. This may be unlikely for people to see this useful, but it would be at least worth posting it for other members to see so that, depending on whether they think it's a right thing or not, at least they will be some feedback on it.
Last edited by Gonzalez on 29 Sep 2016, 15:26, edited 2 times in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Gonzalez wrote: But i am aware that i don't think that many people here would find it useful.

So, how is that any different to actually organising something here? You've managed to essentially write a whole post which then backtracks on your own point.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Thing is, four of us managed to meet up after the first Battersea FE race in London last year, because we all happened to be going anyway and had said as much on this forum. And there was no coercion, as I gather there were at least one or two others from here who had attended the event but did not tag along for the pub trip afterwards.

Basically, I wonder if there is a trick to this, namely working out which events some of us are already likely to be attending (regardless of whether a meet-up is happening), and arrange a meet-up to tag onto it.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Ataxia wrote:
Gonzalez wrote: But i am aware that i don't think that many people here would find it useful.

So, how is that any different to actually organising something here? You've managed to essentially write a whole post which then backtracks on your own point.

I guess I rushed through too much to write that post. It has now been corrected.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Trying to organise anything with more than about 4 people is a bloody nightmare, whether you know and see them in person, or not.

Even if we were able to organise something and got it booked, I bet one or two wouldn't show up on the day for whatever reason. If someone can get everyone together and pull it off, then fair play to them. It's no mean feat, especially when long distances are involved and there's costs to factor in.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_