Consultation: Advertising on GPR

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
DemocalypseNow

Re: Consultation: Advertising on GPR

Post by DemocalypseNow »

We earned 15.8% of our monthly expenses back in ad revenue today.

You try telling me that isn't worth it! :glasses:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Biscione wrote:We earned 15.8% of our monthly expenses back in ad revenue today.

You try telling me that isn't worth it! :glasses:

At that rate, we only need advertising one week per month...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Seen the adverts and I see no problems with them. I mean, I was surprised to see an advertisement for a 'Fleshlight' on a family forum but if it pays the bills.

I'd ignore Wallio as to me, he's not making any points to advance the discussion he's merely trolling.
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:Seen the adverts and I see no problems with them. I mean, I was surprised to see an advertisement for a 'Fleshlight' on a family forum but if it pays the bills.

Ads are served by the network based on the browsing history of the individual users.

That's quite some insight into your personal life there Coops ;)

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Biscione wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Seen the adverts and I see no problems with them. I mean, I was surprised to see an advertisement for a 'Fleshlight' on a family forum but if it pays the bills.

Ads are served by the network based on the browsing history of the individual users.

Nonsense, It has nothing to to with the user its targeted... ;)

I, for one, been seeing ads about F1 strangely enough... What's is this F1 and what does it do?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:Ads are served by the network based on the browsing history of the individual users.

:facepalm:
Just For One Day...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Biscione wrote:

Haha, post of the year!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:I, for one, been seeing ads about F1 strangely enough... What's is this F1 and what does it do?

No idea, but I think that if Jenson Button crashes his car at work, this happens:

ADDITION:

Biscione wrote:

Whereas I'm getting adverts for trips to the Canadian Grand Prix. :P

And Disabled Dating...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I occasionally got ads for "stone crusher plants" - basically, stuff made in China that is only useful for industries.

By the way, there are X buttons in most ads (click it, then click [Stop Seeing This Ad]) to report ads. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This is the only place where I'm not getting F1-based banners. :?:
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

At least I'm getting something accurate - adverts for Storage 4U in Nottingham.

However, it's because I've already got stuff stored there - which I'm moving out tomorrow morning - and I only looked at their webpage today to get the phone number!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

There definitely do not seem to be any problems with the advertising so far (a bit of teasing, but that's to be expected!), but an email-based newsletter that I subscribe to recently posted the following on their blog. I hope we don't end up needing to go down that route:

http://www.thisistrue.com/blog-why_ive_ ... hdfz8SAPkr

(I'm not against the adverts myself, we do not have pictoral ads for a start on here... )
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I get accounting software ads, which is my job. Obviously I can't get away from work!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:

Now the ads are trying to help me get wood.

They're advertising Oak Furniture Land.

I thank you.
Just For One Day...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I'm don't even notice the ads now. How is everybody else finding them?
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:I'm don't even notice the ads now. How is everybody else finding them?

I don't think anyone else is either. Our CTR is abysmal. We've only reached the break-even point in three of the last seven days. To my surprise, one of those days was Sochi raceday.

I will need to continue to look at ways to improve our CTR. I'll get back to everyone when I have an idea of the further changes that may need to be made.

>inb4 this joke

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:
CoopsII wrote:I'm don't even notice the ads now. How is everybody else finding them?

I don't think anyone else is either. Our CTR is abysmal.

Well, I had to use a search engine to find out what 'CTR' meant (please remember that a small portion of your followers are thickos like me. Very small portion. Probably just me, in fact, but still) and now I know I will do more clicking and I hope more people do, too.

Also, if anybody wants to derail this thread to reminisce about Crash Team Racing I am so up for that :dance:
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:

I don't think anyone else is either. Our CTR is abysmal.

Well, I had to use a search engine to find out what 'CTR' meant (please remember that a small portion of your followers are thickos like me. Very small portion. Probably just me, in fact, but still) and now I know I will do more clicking and I hope more people do, too.

Also, if anybody wants to derail this thread to reminisce about Crash Team Racing I am so up for that :dance:

As am I. Many childhood hours spent playing that game, all of that time well spent.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

FullMetalJack wrote: Many childhood hours spent playing that game, all of that time well spent.

Me too. And by 'childhood' I mean 'late twenties'. Probably the only game that, for me at least, equalled Super Mario Kart for sheer playability. There were many, many clones through the nineties that were mostly awful but this was right up there for me.
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

CoopsII wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote: Many childhood hours spent playing that game, all of that time well spent.

Me too. And by 'childhood' I mean 'late twenties'. Probably the only game that, for me at least, equalled Super Mario Kart for sheer playability. There were many, many clones through the nineties that were mostly awful but this was right up there for me.

I'd say it was better in all honesty.

Biscione wrote:I will need to continue to look at ways to improve our CTR

Just practice powersliding.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

That awkward moment when you get 'date western men' advertising on this forum :? (well that's what you get when using other peoples internet when you're in Asia :P )
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Right, so someone has been clicking on a lot of adverts, and because multiple clicks are forbidden by the Google T&Cs, the GPR account has been suspended for a whole month.

Please, guys, don't try and inflate our revenue by going click crazy. This suspension means we won't see a penny for the next two months.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:

I don't think anyone else is either. Our CTR is abysmal. We've only reached the break-even point in three of the last seven days.

You cannot have it both ways. I dialled down my clicking to maybe once a visit, if that, after our chat a month ago so unless it was all down to me during the first week of May (and if so I apologise) this was always likely to happen.
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:

I don't think anyone else is either. Our CTR is abysmal. We've only reached the break-even point in three of the last seven days.

You cannot have it both ways. I dialled down my clicking to maybe once a visit, if that, after our chat a month ago so unless it was all down to me during the first week of May (and if so I apologise) this was always likely to happen.

I don't think so. There was a single day spike. Lots of clicks out of nowhere suddenly, so I guess someone thought they were being helpful with repeated clicks in a single visit. I was trying to get at it being a shared thing, that it shouldn't be something on the shoulders of a handful of people.

Image Image
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Biscione wrote:I don't think so. There was a single day spike. Lots of clicks out of nowhere suddenly, so I guess someone thought they were being helpful with repeated clicks in a single visit. I was trying to get at it being a shared thing, that it shouldn't be something on the shoulders of a handful of people.

You sure it wasn't some sort of bot?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?