160425 One-Off Stoff Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

160425 One-Off Stoff Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

A heads up for those of you vaguely interested in our podcasting, we have another edition online.

Entirely indulgent at 75 mins long, we tackle the Dr Andrew Bell all-time ranking of drivers, the 2 Grands Prix since last we met, Jacques V's time at Renault, suggestions to solve qualifying once and for all, and a focus on Louis Deletraz.

:deletraz:

Let us know what you think, good or bad!

P.S. It would be wonderful if some of you would be so kind as to rate and review us on iTunes (unless you hate the podcast which is understandable but disappointing). It's hard to recapture our listenership given the break and new venue and ratings and reviews help people (re)discover the show. The podcast has its own specific feed on iTunes here:
https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the ... 30658?mt=2

Thanks and cheers,
Jamie
Miguel98

Re: 160425 One-Off Stoff Edition

Post by Miguel98 »

Will hear this tomorrow, and drop a review!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Thoughts:

Óscar Gálvez finally gets the recognition he deserves! I have included him in the past on my top ten drivers I'd personally like to see profiled in the future. Let's hope this encourages any would-be researchers ;)

"The one and other Jacques Villeneuve" - I see what you did there!

Also quite pleased (and thankful!) to get a mention at the very end!

All in all another thumbs-up from me. Keep them coming!
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Could it be possible to link a non-I-tunes version like the previous one? though with a bit googling i found one version on podtail, it would be appreciated if there were an 'official' link ^^
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

This wrote:Could it be possible to link a non-I-tunes version like the previous one? though with a bit googling i found one version on podtail, it would be appreciated if there were an 'official' link ^^
Sure: https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-rejects-podcast
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

These are great. I don't know why I resisted listening to them when I first joined this forum!

Just curious when did you start these podcasts? Is there any way to listen to historic ones? I'm watching my way through historical F1 seasons so it'd be cool to listen to the podcasts that were put out at the time of the races too to get more of an understanding on what went on off the track.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I love the pod cast but hate i-tunes.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Kuwashima wrote:
This wrote:Could it be possible to link a non-I-tunes version like the previous one? though with a bit googling i found one version on podtail, it would be appreciated if there were an 'official' link ^^
Sure: https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-rejects-podcast

Thank you very much ^^
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:These are great. I don't know why I resisted listening to them when I first joined this forum!

Just curious when did you start these podcasts? Is there any way to listen to historic ones? I'm watching my way through historical F1 seasons so it'd be cool to listen to the podcasts that were put out at the time of the races too to get more of an understanding on what went on off the track.

Hello. Is it me you're looking for?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I've listened to the podcast now, and it was very enjoyable. But when listening to the section on Top 10 Ideas For Qualifying, I kept expecting the Unique Bid Auction idea to come up. This would surely guarantee at least a slightly mixed up grid, and I'm sure that even after a few seasons of this, it would be hard to always be second-guessing what others' bids would be.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

It sure is, I emailed you but haven't had a response yet.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:

I've just double-checked my emails, and seem to have no record of it. I'll just try emailing the link to you direct anyway.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

dr-baker wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:

I've just double-checked my emails, and seem to have no record of it. I'll just try emailing the link to you direct anyway.

And now I haven't received it...perhaps the emailing function is broken on here?
Could you just PM it to me?

CoopsII wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AustralianStig wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:It sure is, I emailed you but haven't had a response yet.

And now I haven't received it...perhaps the emailing function is broken on here?
Could you just PM it to me?

Hopefully that's worked now?
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Today's the first chance I had to listen to this. Cheers for the plug! I would say, don't forget The Hammer Of Retribution Ogg-Cast next time, but I've stopped that for a while (and I have no idea how long that will be), so... don't fret about it too much.

I aim to deliver more amusing comments some day...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Any insight on when the next podcast may be coming our way?
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

johnston21 wrote:Any insight on when the next podcast may be coming our way?

They tweeted that they were recording tomorrow, so it should be pretty soon.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/