Super Aguri articles: All parts available!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Ataxia
Not Important

Super Aguri articles: All parts available!

Post by Ataxia »

Hi guys!

I'm pleased to announce Part 1 of my Super Aguri retrospective/profile. This is a three-part series detailing the history of the team, and the first part covers the team's birth and 2006 season.

Link: http://gprejects.com/centrale/super-agu ... ut-nothing

Hopefully you enjoy it! (although if it's rubbish, do feel free to say...)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
SuzukiSwift

Re: Now available: Super Aguri (Part 1)

Post by SuzukiSwift »

Fantastic read. Thanks!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Well worth the wait, Taxi. Great job! Looking forward to whatever future projects you have in store for us, and of course the remainder of the tales of Super Aguri.
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I've waited for a profile or story on Super Aguri ever since I first found f1rejects back in 2013, and I'm quite impressed with the article written about it.

Can't wait to see the rest of the story!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The following two articles should *hopefully* be a little more interesting; 2006 was just setting the scene for things to come.

Part Two should be up next week, so keep your eyes peeled! ;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yeah, agree with the others, really great stuff. Lovely to see hard work and research pay off. Looking forward to the other two!

As an aside, I have a bunch of saved Super Aguri pics, including a couple more of when they went testing with the A23. Probably too late now but if you want them just give me a shout. :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Awesome!! :twisted:
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Ah not my life story :P

Although seriously good article. Can't wait for Part 2.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thanks for reading, those who did! It's been a week, so it's time for Part Two. This looks into Super Aguri's 2007, and discusses their heroics in that season before the tables turned somewhat.

You can get it here: http://gprejects.com/centrale/teams/sup ... -aguri-ous

Cheers!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ataxia wrote:Thanks for reading, those who did! It's been a week, so it's time for Part Two. This looks into Super Aguri's 2007, and discusses their heroics in that season before the tables turned somewhat.

You can get it here: http://gprejects.com/centrale/teams/sup ... -aguri-ous

Cheers!

Really good article one slight nitpick Davidson had 3 race starts before 2007 not just the two Minardi drives. He replaced the Unwell Sato at Malaysia in 2005
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Now available: Super Aguri (Part 2!)

Post by SuperAguri »

You should be taken out and shot for the awful punny title. :roll: :facepalm: :D

The article is good, as pointed out Davidson did do a race for BAR Honda, where he qualified 15th, 4.2 seconds behind Fernando Alonso, effectively 2 seconds behind team mate Button who qualified in 9th and in a Sauber sandwich, with Massa in front who was a few thousands faster and in front of Jacques Villeneuve who was just over a second behind. If you ignored the Jordans who were 5 to 6 seconds slower and the Minardis who were 9 to 11 seconds slower, he was quite off the pace. He has a poor start and was overtaken by Villeneuve and both the Jordans, before he passed them again at the first turn. Button had got as high as 6th, however It was all for nought as he retired with engine trouble 2 laps from the start, in sympathy to Button who had engine trouble less then 30 seconds before hand.,
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thanks though, guys. Error amended, and no regrets with the titles. Just wait until part three. ;)
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

Excellent work. Very fast turnaround time too!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Hello guys,

The last piece is available for your viewing pleasure/disdain (delete as applicable): http://gprejects.com/centrale/teams/sup ... xecutioner

I hope you enjoy it, and I hope the collective pieces have been up to scratch. Thanks for all the support so far!

SuzukiSwift wrote:Excellent work. Very fast turnaround time too!

Aha, see, I wrote the article(s) a while ago and chopped them up into three pieces so that I could space them out a little.
The Chicane

Re: Super Aguri articles: All parts available!

Post by The Chicane »

Nice articles! I've always wanted an article about Super Aguri but the old site never made one, and I really love the punny titles. :D
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Really nice. I particularly liked the epilogue. Did you see that chat Motor Sport Magazine did with Ross Brawn and Nick Fry? Discussion turned at one point to how the Brawn car came together and who was responsible for stuff like the double diffuser and whether Super Aguri were involved. I can't remember what exactly was said but they definitely got a mention!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:Really nice. I particularly liked the epilogue. Did you see that chat Motor Sport Magazine did with Ross Brawn and Nick Fry? Discussion turned at one point to how the Brawn car came together and who was responsible for stuff like the double diffuser and whether Super Aguri were involved. I can't remember what exactly was said but they definitely got a mention!

Cheers, matey! I haven't seen it, although I'll probably have a look now just to make sure there's no untruths in the piece... :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I think that Nick Fry and Ross Brawn interview with Motor Sport magazine also featured on a recent podcast of theirs (i'm assuming it's the same interview, I have only heard the podcast, not read the magazine, but that discussion featured there too).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:I think that Nick Fry and Ross Brawn interview with Motor Sport magazine also featured on a recent podcast of theirs (i'm assuming it's the same interview, I have only heard the podcast, not read the magazine, but that discussion featured there too).

Yeah, it wasn't in the magazine (at least, that's not where I saw it). There was a video of the chat, which I assume was identical to the podcast here: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/history/f1/ross-brawn-and-nick-fry-brawn-gps-championship

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

Loving the articles I've already read through them twice now (because I'm such a nerd xP ), I hope you create articles for the terribly short history of HRT next. :P
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'd like to do something about HRT, but I've got a few other things in the pipeline first.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Sniff... :cry: Still want to put Nick Fry in a industrial mincing machine.

Good article, look forward to one about Campos Meta :P