160628 Bernexit Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

160628 Bernexit Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

We've just posted our 4th episode of the podcast in its current incarnation.

Hopefully our British listeners won't get too angry with us as we confront the Baku Lewisteria head on, discuss the consequences of Brexit on aging F1 drivers' autobiographies, tell the story of British BRM V16 engineer and driver Ken Richardson (1 F1 entry, 1 DNS), and conduct the debate for our times, BERNIE: LEAVE OR REMAIN?

Listen/download here, or get the RSS link for your podcast listening software of choice:
https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-rejects-podcast

Comments, thoughts, requests below!

Cheers,
Jamie
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: 160628 Bernexit Edition

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Top quality as ever! Interesting to hear Ken Richardson's sad story, as I've always found the whole BRM saga of the early '50s very fascinating. It was probably in all honesty one of the most overhyped projects in the sport's history! A very troubled car that seemed to scare the living daylights out of just about anyone who drove it in anger, but it must be said, it had an amazing sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMPDCNyQxE

Disappointed that we still aren't being treated to the dulcet tones of James Darren's version of Here's to the Losers, though I will concede your reasoning is perfectly sound! ;)
#FreeGonzo
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Agree on both counts. Another top-notch cast, and the audio clip makes for an amazing ringtone (been using it off & on for a few years)...

Respectfully and with BIG Thanks!

Edit: ... or is that "Rejectfully," ha.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Oh hey, y'all said my name!

Thanks for the shoutout lads, and for the awesome podcast as well. Appreciated :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jamie, you joke about the Pirate Party being a somewhat...unusual, obscure election choice. Meanwhile in Europe, they're on the verge of becoming the ruling party of an entire nation.
(Albeit a very small nation!)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thanks for yet another edition of the (pausing for censorship of a letter and a number) Rejects podcast, Enoch and Jamie.

I'm happy you liked the song enough to play it. :pantano:
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."