160824 Rio 2016 Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

160824 Rio 2016 Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Our 6th, MASSIVE, episode is online, incorporating the launch of a new reject competition.

We discuss all things Rio in this Olympic-themed edition, cover ROTRs for Germany and Hungary, and pay homage to Jacarepaguá by recounting aspects of the 1989 Brazilian Grand Prix in loving detail.

We also discuss the potential for motorsport to grace the Olympic stage (#MotorsportAtOlympics), and provide a tribute (of sorts) to Antônio Carlos Jobim and Norman Gimbel with something Enoch referred to in an email to me as "the worst thing we've ever done."

Prizes for our competition are:
- Rio Haryanto figurine
- Signed Roberto Moreno Coloni photo from 1989 Brazilian GP (resplendent in his FC188B)
- Onyx 1:43 diecast model of Bertrand Gachot's 1995 Pacific PR02

Listen/download through iTunes, or get the RSS link for your podcast listening software of choice at Spreaker via Downforce Radio.

Comments, thoughts, requests below!

Cheers,
Jamie
noiceinmydrink

Re: 160824 Rio 2016 Edition

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Wonderful podcast lads, first three minutes split my sides and kicked them into orbit.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

It's difficult to emphasise enough how much I want that Haryanto figurine. After all the IIDOTR points I've given him :cry: oh well, time to spend the next week thinking of a witty answer
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Another brilliant podcast, as always. And I appreciated the length as I was driving home from Donington Park, watching FE testing!

But one thing I think I missed - is there a closing date for the competition?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Great episode. I loved the song too.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

We'll announce a closing date in the next podcast, for shortly after the next podcast. :badoer:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Kuwashima wrote:We'll announce a closing date in the next podcast, for shortly after the next podcast. :badoer:

Great, thanks.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA